WorldlySavage

Green girls gone Yellow?

9 posts in this topic

Anyone had any success with this?

Hey guys, I'm new here.

Until I started studying Spiral Dynamics in 2019, I didn't know why I was attracted to these overly emotional, knee-jerk reacting, overly moralistic and occasionally undisciplined Green women.  I figured that their very feminine natured concern for humanity and approach to life balanced my quite masculine inquisitive and systemic understanding of our race, which I now know as Yellow.

Still, I jokingly asked myself why I had to or even enjoyed listening to all their wildly reactive beliefs... The answer I came up with is that I knew their heart was in the right place and that maybe they could benefit from listening to my more rational and holistic view of humanity as a whole. 

Now with Spiral Dynamics I realize that I'm attracted to these girls because Green is close to Yellow and there's enough overlap of thinking to form a beneficial relationship and of course the chance that I could help them progress to Yellow.

So the challenge is on.

I'll also preface that my Green girls are not like most of your Green girls.  I almost only date Slavic or East European women.  I grew up in Canada, my roots are from Austria, Slovakia and Ukraine, and I moved to the bustling metropolis of Belgrade, Serbia in my 20's because I didn't see much room for growth for myself in predominately Orange Ontario and I saw that Slavic women (predominately Blue) had a level of femininity that really resonated with me.  

Thanks to my successful internet business, I fly high above the Blue society I live in and get to travel the world helping others do the same (more about my business will be revealed in a later post).

So, now here I am, Slavic Green girls.  They tend to come from more affluent families, of course.  They tend to be very feminine, beautiful and not feminist.  They don't 'use' ideology to project their emotions as much as western green women, they their beliefs in pure "because I intuitively know" terms. They tend to support any cause that tugs at their heart strings.  They're into travel (latin and balkan countries for example), world music (I'm a world music singer too, this helps) and they tend to be really confused about whether they want to be independent or in a relationship with a man, and they know most men aren't evolved enough for them.  They then get fascinated by my ability to be a man with a highly developed masculinity, while understanding their Green perspectives and even adding to them.

The relationships don't really work out somehow though... There's some core misunderstanding.  I've heard contradicting phrases like:
"The only mistake you made with me was giving me too much freedom" (seems like a regression into Blue, or is this green)

"You want to put me in a cage." (not sure but this could be regression into orange individualism)

So the range is there... Both reacting from the same balanced and thought out way of treating them, which I suppose could be called slightly distant, as I am a lone wolf type.

But the challenge is to get them to see the light of systems thinking and start thinking of ideologies as toolkits rather than a dogmatic ways to judge others and live by and for them to stop feeling bad about stuff they can't control and start making positive changes in their outlook and find a way to make positive impact in ways that they can.

Ideas include:

-Helping them start their own business where they have to be responsible for managing people below them on the spiral

-Taking them on mushroom and ayahuasca retreats

-Travel to the point where they can see the good in the world as a whole, with me to point out the systems thinking side (otherwise travel to places like Asia and Africa just give them a spiral colour-blind hippie experience)

-Non-stop talk about spiral dynamics

So again I ask: Anyone had any success with this?  Have you turned a Green girl Yellow?

Anyone got more ideas on how this might be achieved?  These slavic girls are great, I want one badly, but I don't want the relationship to get stuck due to a lack of next steps.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by WorldlySavage

To me, this doesn’t sound like the perspective of a well-integrated embodied Yellow male. I would work through residual orange and green resistance. 

Eben Pagan is a good example of a well-integrated embodied yellow male supporting the evolution of his wife Annie evolve from green to yellow. 

Hi Serotoninluv, Thank you for this.  I would love it if you could elaborate more so I can learn more about the things you are bringing to my attention so I can help understand and work through these issues you've pinpointed.

Yes, residual orange is definitely present.  But I feel that it's more within the way I interact with the orange people around me than my core beliefs.  I speak their language and it's a pleasure doing business and a business doing pleasure with them.  However, I'm not competitive, greedy or superficial in my life goals or the way I approach business.  I can embody the orange game and love it when I can hit the positive win-win-win aspects of any transaction or relationship, but the superficiality of it and the dead end of it is a huge turn off.  It would be easier if i could just be happy having meaningless sex with women and seeking status and wealth like some do, however, I find myself more fixated on more philosophical questions like How can I change as many lives as possible and create a global community of people dedicated to do the same rather than How can I bang lots of chicks and make lots of money?  and spend most of my time on the life changing stuff.

Residual Orange: What are the orange flags here for you and what things should I be looking to change here?

Green resistance is an interesting topic because instinctively I agree with you, that I do have a resistance, but I'm not sure exactly which part of it is the unhealthy part. There's not much I disagree with in what they mean to promote, but rather the means through which they promote, the emotionally abrasive, judgmental, and subjective ways they do it does not resonate with me.  My stomach turns every time I hear Green people calling other people names and calling for them to be ostracized from society and spreading hate about people. It really seems fanatical.  I often find myself agreeing with them on the compassion stuff though and the betterment of humanity as a whole. 

I spent most of my teens and early 20's in a Green space believing that society and its corrupt capitalist values had got it all wrong and fostered the wrong type of consciousness of people and that we needed to build a new system with stronger and more equal guidelines and ways for people to evolve their thinking.  In 2001, I was 18, in the aftermath of 9/11 I used to listen to Godspeed You Black Emperor and romanticize the fall of Western Civilization and how much better we could make things after it all burned. With travel, age and personal development, it evolved so that I was more comfortable with the world as a whole, despite inequality, oppression and making my own path one that shines its own light above and beyond what's wrong with the world.

Can you elaborate on where my Green resistance is and what parts are healthy and unhealthy from your perspective? 

I'm on a path to change the world in my own way with my exciting business, which allows expats to live around the world in developing countries while working online.  I want to find someone to share it with, but it has proven difficult to find someone who is free (liberated from family/societal constraints) enough to join me as I go on this journey.

I'm also much more into conversations live on calls than typing messages back and forth, if you're really interested in discussing this sort of thing, I'd invite you for a zoom call for you my youtube channel, would you like to do that?

Edited by WorldlySavage

Excited to hear about your business.

It does sound like you have a good amount of yellow, at least in the cognitive line. If so, you could still look for a girl who wants to evolve into embodying higher levels with you, and cognitively understands yellow.

In my experience, this kind of thing just isn't gonna rub off on most people, and that's fine. Keep talking to people. Go to ayahuasca retreats and meet people there, rather than meeting people and taking them to ayahuasca retreats. Don't drag others into it. I've found a few people who are interested in spiral dynamics, and only one who is now seriously studying it.

As far as dating goes, I have completely failed to meet a green girl who is transitioning to yellow, or higher, I've only found blue orange and green ones, who don't seem like they will just move to yellow because of me. I think it is just because of the percentage of people in higher stages is lower. 

@Cocolove Thanks for this comment. It's helpful.  

I've always been someone who enjoys helping people grow though, hence the idea that I have to do this with women.  The people I like, I like to offer insights too... Not everyone wants to grow though with external stimulation.  You're right about that.

I took last year off aya and was doing 1 retreat per year before that for 4 years.  There's a great crew that operate in the Netherlands and Spain called Om Mij... Don't think Ayahuasca is the best way to meet women as I only do it once per year on average.  More would be a bit much at this point.

Yoga has been really good, but I mostly hang out with the teachers.  Most of the women there are green or a really healthy orange though.  They also tend to be really shy and introverted.  Hard to get to know the girls there. 

I suppose the right thing will happen at the right time and I need to keep on building my vision and self.

@Serotoninluv I watched Eben Pagan on London Real and really enjoyed him.  I think the biggest gap between where he's at and where I am at is time and solidifying my success and finding a suitable woman.  

Let's put it this way, as I go further on my business journey, I get to run my business in a way that shares my values more, it runs on values.  It's not motivated with scarcity or insecurity as it once was.  It's about doing something that I can feel good about which changes people's lives.  I will make lots of money with it and that's ok. I'm already ok. I fly around the world and build bridges between my company and great people.

Still the loneliness persists.  It will until I build a relationship that embodies my values with a woman who compliments me.  I'm becoming the person I need to be to get ready for this.  There definitely are still blockages.

How about you focus less on theories and generalisations, and try to understand a single person (the person you are with) more deeply.

How about you stop trying to change them and let them progress at their natural pace. Acceptance and appreciation, man.

Speaking of it, how about you choose a woman that you can appreciate and even admire as she is, and not see her a "below" yourself (on the spiral or in other ways).

Green Girls Gone Bad

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

17 hours ago, Elisabeth said:

How about you focus less on theories and generalisations, and try to understand a single person (the person you are with) more deeply.

How about you stop trying to change them and let them progress at their natural pace. Acceptance and appreciation, man.

Speaking of it, how about you choose a woman that you can appreciate and even admire as she is, and not see her a "below" yourself (on the spiral or in other ways).

@Elisabeth When I find the person I want to focus on, I will do all of that, out of love and devotion.  However in terms of awareness of why I like what types of women I like, what kind of relationship I want to have and what kind of blockages in myself I need to get past before I can get where I want to be is pretty important at this stage.  

Once cupid's arrow hits me, I'm sure I'll think a lot less rationally and systematically about the whole thing.  It will be refreshing.