Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroBeam

Conversations with a Sufi

7 posts in this topic

Extremely radical open mindedness required. 

This is not the truth.

The greatest Sufi is not Rumi, the greatest Sufi is your father and mother. They conceived you at birth. They sacrificed for you. They lowered themselves so that you can be raised up. There is no person who loves you more, then your mother and father. Even Sadhguru. Isn't that just survival? Just what my mum's biology is doing to help our species survive? Like in richard dawkin's selfish gene? What is the selfish gene? Where did the selfish gene get its love from? You think the selfish gene's love came from nowhere? But my parents are not spiritual, their mindsets are highly dysfunctional and full of devilry. I am not saying your parent's mindsets are the Sufi, I am saying God created your parents as a way of expression His love for you. Survival is a divine process. Listen, whenever you feel down or are struggling, ask your mum to pray for you and see what happens But reality is non dualistic, getting my mum to pray for me is Dualistic. I am not saying reality is dualistic. The very process of asking your mum to pray for you is a non dual process. There is a lot happening subconsciously to do with love and your connection with your mum. Who taught you all of this? Do you have your own version of the Quaran? No. True spirituality is not about learning from spiritual teachers. True spirituality comes from within. Sufis do not have teachers. They do not have a book they learn from. They pray and listen to what God says. Sufis learn from reality as a whole. Sufis learn from the train driver, the garbage collector, stories on the news. In all of it, God is speaking to you, teaching you spiritual truths even if they don't seem like the ones your new age teachers have taught you. Be careful of your new age teachers. They are not doing what's best for you. What about Sadhguru? He seems pretty legit. Sadhguru is a showman, he tells you amazing stories about Enlightenment and spirituality to get you sucked into his videos. But these videos are not the best for you. They are not where God resides. They are distractions. You listen to him because you're too afraid of looking inward. You don't need others to tell you the truth. You just need to look inside. How can other teachers know more about the truth then you? God is within you? Isn't looking outside a distraction? Be very careful of Sadhguru. He is into black magic. Black magic? Yes black magic, the tantra traditions. Tantra means cast spell onto others. Tantra is about magic. A lot of Sadhguru's stories, the ones you get excited about, the ones where he controls water for example, is all black magic, tantra. He uses tantra to get a following. Are you saying that if someone is trying to attract a following, they are conducting evil? The Sufis are the smallest religion on the planet, because they have no need to have a following. Have you noticed that the most pure religions are the ones with the least followers? To get a following means to lie, cheat, conduct black magic. But what about doing it out of compassion? Do you really think brainwashing people with profound, magical stories is the most compassionate way of helping people? The Sufis are not against helping people, but we do it in subtle ways. We share our love to all that's around us. We offer our food, we comfort people in need. Most importantly we always direct people to look inward, and never give spiritual ideas, theories or thoughts. Because everyone is unique, everyone is different. Everyone needs a different path to God. Listening to spiritual theories is a huge trap. It distracts you from looking inward. These non dual philosophers you talk about are distractions. Connecting with God is not some highly advanced skill that requires a PhD to pull off. The hardest part with connecting with God is wanting to. Its accepting the fact that you don't need a PhD to connect with God. That's hard for most people. They can't handle the fact that connecting with God is so simple. They want connecting with God to require a PhD, because then they can look outward to find God while tricking themselves into thinking that they are supposedly looking inward, when they aren't. So what about yoga and meditation? Do you need those? Yoga, meditation. Tsk Tsk Tsk. You've got time to do yoga and meditation, but you don't have time to look inward? Focusing on the breath, doing all of these strange poses, what for? Must connecting with God require you to prove your worthiness by doing these gymnastics? Do you think God is looking up there, checking for all of the people that are closing their eyes in some corner of a room and saying yes to them, while saying no to others? If it sounds silly to you that God only allows people who follow the 10 commandments, then why does it not sound silly to you that God only allows people who sit down in a lotus position while saying AUM? But I have meditated before, and it does help me I guess the Sufis pray to God, and you can describe this as a form of yoga. But our prayer is much more organic. We don't just connect to God while we pray, we are connecting to God all of the time. We live a lifestyle that supports God. This is far more powerful then meditation or yoga. Don't let yoga be a distraction for you to look inwards. God is not found within meditation or yoga. God is found in all of this. Within you. Don't go looking for a Sufi teacher, a meditation or yoga trick. Just look within and you will find. This is the most I can say. Beyond this would be a distraction. Do you get bad karma from killing animals for food? Killing a single animals is as bad as killing all of humanity. God is not here to suppress you. God is here trying to support you. If you pray to God while having a bad time, he will help you get through your problems. God has a desire to support you through suffering. If someone causes suffering on you, the desire for God to support you is what causes the bad karma in the other person. It is absolute love which causes bad events for the ones who get bad karma from their actions. All bad karma is caused by God's love. the bad events is what helps the world become more loving.   

@electroBeam Looks like you have a very shallow and naive view on what Tantra is. To say it is a "about magic" just reeks of ignorance.

You demonize other people and traditions while elevating your spiritual system that is so direct, pure, open-minded and perfect. See the irony?

I see way too much judgement in this conversation. Not to say that this way seems bad, it seems very advanced, but it does seem to be very rejecting towards duality and life in a way, of course for understandable reason but doesn't make it better non the less.
Tantra is as much a part of life as anything else is. Black magic is as much a part and as much Love as anything else is.
God is not only within, god is without too.

Edited by LaucherJunge

My parents love was always my connection to the divine through Unconditional Love.

When my dad cheated on my mom is exactly the moment i felt this fall from grace. 

Now after a dozens of awakening experiences and integrating the shadow i realize more and more that our pure love as a child was our bridge to the Divine. We just forgot. 

Want to see how conditioned we've become? Love yourself deeply as a state of being (without per se chasing the emotion). And see how it triggers a feeling of inferiority, shame, fear of betrayal etc. These emotions are ingrained in us after we've felt heartbreak. To not happen again. We don't want to feel Love/the Divine because there is nothing more painful than it being taken from us.

The trick is recognizing it was you all the time which was Love. Not your parents. No one else. They just symbolized a part of yourself.

Logic is not against mysticism. As mysticism is above logic. 

The greatest sufi is the prophet.