Bridge to Infinity

Cant focus during meditation and hallucinating as a result

5 posts in this topic

So my thoughts are very vivid, during mediation i cant seem to let go or notice them and as a result i get lost in them.  Mind you, I have some sort of depression where my energy levels are low through out the day, so i also find myself falling into light sleep during my meditations. What can i do? 

things im already doing:

• I began a workout routine daily to help out with energy
  • eating well
  • persistent meditations
  • high quality sleep

Edited by Bridge to Infinity
grammatical error

@Bridge to Infinity It takes some practise to notice and let go of attachment. Just keep coming back to your object of meditation, or to the present moment, whatever technique you're doing, and repeat this again and again until the mind quiets down. Took me a good 1-2 years before I was able to do this successfully every meditation. 

About depression and energy levels, try meditating after a nap or identify when your energy levels are highest and meditate then. Also, work on identifying the source of your depression. Don't just accept it as the way things will always be. How many physical body tests have you had done? I'd recommended a blood test for things like Vitamin D deficiency and/or other issues, and a stool test to test for fungal/parasite infections as this can often cause depression and low energy levels. You say you're eating well, how much sugar and caffeine is still in your diet? 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Bridge to Infinity What techniques are you doing? How long have you been meditating?

Surely you are not lost in thoughts your entire sit? There must be at least a couple of recognitions that your mind has wandered? When it has you simpy go back to the meditation object, until your mind wanders, and then bring it back again. That's it. This is not a process that will be smooth in the beginning. You just have to be patient and dedicated to your practice. You WILL get lost in thoughts, there is no miracle remedy for that. You simply notice it and return. If you keep doing that you will get better and better, even if the progress can seem painfully slow in periods, you will get progressively better at it.

@Bridge to Infinity Why do you meditate in the first place? What are you trying to achieve with meditation?

If you can't focus, you could talk to doctor and ask for their professional advice. It might be related to your mental health.