Raptorsin7

Can We Trust The "I" Thought

15 posts in this topic

I find that "I" am always trying to solve my problems. I am consistently thinking about how to improve my life. I think about lists, I think about what i really want to do each day. Aside from structural aspects of my life like school, I am constantly just thinking about how to improve my life and be happy. But if i really think about it, I don't really know what to do because if I did then I wouldn't be seeking happiness. Is there another part of my experience that I can look to on a daily basis for advice how to improve my life? I've heard that people must learn to trust their intuition or their "gut" as they progress deeper into this work. But I don't know what my intuition is saying to do, or i'm repressing the intuition. 

Is there something in my direct experience that I can turn to for inspiration on how to solve goals, other than more thinking?

Do unto others as you would like them to do to you.

Meditation helps with quieting the constant Whirlwind of the Mind so you can use your heart instead of your mind to make decisions.

Mind usually sneaks in and complicates everything ?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Just now, Raptorsin7 said:

That’s really high. A few years ago, I estimated 90+ of my time was not Here and Now. I realized that percentage was way too high and my goal was to knock it down to 70% over three months. Several aspects of my life changed for the better. 

@Serotoninluv What did you do to get more time in the here and now?

I just got a bunch of LSD so i'm going to start doing trips soon.

2 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Serotoninluv What did you do to get more time in the here and now?

I just got a bunch of LSD so i'm going to start doing trips soon.

LSD may be a good tool for this, depending on how you resonate with it. For many, myself included, LSD can help dissolve the personal story and allow a new relationship with Here and Now to be revealed. It can increase one’s resonance and conscious level, allowing for realizations. Yet there are many variables, including karmic load. 

What worked for me, might not work for you. What I did was dedicate a certain amount of time each day to be Here and Now. I told my mind that 85% of my day could be past and future thinking, yet for this one hour a day, it was for Here and Now. I would spend time doing yoga, listening to a nonduality speaker, gardening, meditating, time in nature, cooking, self massage etc. I also dedicated a week to a solo retreat in which 90% if each day was dedicated to Here and Now. 

At the time, I already had many realizations and had previously worked through a lot of karmic conditioning - years of meditation, therapy, dozens of psychedelic trips etc. . Yet I had “lost it” and regressed. So I had a knowing of what it was like. The initial breakthroughs may need an extra boost. For a newbie with a lot of karmic conditioning, LSD could reveal the magnificence of Here and Now, or a new realm, or it may reveal stuff that needs to be worked through and purified.

17 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yet I had “lost it” and regressed. So I had a knowing of what it was like. The initial breakthroughs may need an extra boost. For a newbie with a lot of karmic conditioning, LSD could reveal the magnificence of Here and Now, or a new realm, or it may reveal stuff that needs to be worked through and purified.

I had a period like 4 years ago where i overcame a year long depressive episode and i had never felt better in my life. I wasn't aware of the path so I had no way of understanding the experience. But i felt like a constant high, and i worked through many issues in my life over a short period because of the enhanced state. I've basically been seeking a "better life" for my entire life to some degree or another. But during that period i thought I actually figured life out. 

What exactly do you learn on LSD trips that translates to sober everyday experience?

4 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I've heard that people must learn to trust their intuition or their "gut" as they progress deeper into this work. But I don't know what my intuition is saying to do, or i'm repressing the intuition. 

By excepting change you will find stability.

@Raptorsin7 Investigate who is the “I” you’re trying to improve, investigate where the thoughts come from and where they go to, as well as the emotions :) 

Also, Every moment is merely a chance to be here and now, you don’t have to meditate to be here and now because every moment is a meditation, but of course formal meditation can help. 

I would also say don’t resist your thoughts and emotions, instead embrace them and welcome them, love them as you would your child and investigate them to find out their source. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Like everyone says.

It's the seeking of happiness that is creating unhappiness.

It really sounds cliche but it is true, cause the second you stop seeking to be happy you'll be happy.

?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

When you say you're looking for ways to improve your life, that is all just your own ideas and beliefs about life. No one else is going to have the exact same ideas about life as you. 

For myself, an improvement in life consists of reducing the total suffering and increasing qualities like happiness, peace, joy, compassion, love, equanimity. How does one achieve that? By working towards awakening and practicing techniques to hardwire positive emotional states into the brain.

12 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I find that "I" am always trying to solve my problems. I am consistently thinking about how to improve my life. I think about lists, I think about what i really want to do each day. Aside from structural aspects of my life like school, I am constantly just thinking about how to improve my life and be happy. But if i really think about it, I don't really know what to do because if I did then I wouldn't be seeking happiness. Is there another part of my experience that I can look to on a daily basis for advice how to improve my life? I've heard that people must learn to trust their intuition or their "gut" as they progress deeper into this work. But I don't know what my intuition is saying to do, or i'm repressing the intuition. 

Is there something in my direct experience that I can turn to for inspiration on how to solve goals, other than more thinking?

“Can we trust the “ I “ thought?

Imagine asking, “Can we trust the cars thought?”, “Can we trust the refrigerator thought?”. There’s no need to use the lens of “trust” with thoughts. There’s no such thing as a “true” thought, all thinking is inherently dualistic. Paint on a pallet, is not considerable in terms of trust, but is to create with. Thoughts are to choose, to create. In this light, the intuition naturally shines, as it is the connector, if you will, between feeling (of source) and the choosing of thoughts. The absolute & unconditional never wavers, and never leaves you. It is because the source of you is infallible and unwavering, that you can feel the resonance of each relative thought. The ‘design’ / situation of / actuality of creation is beyond brilliant in this sense. Don’t look to trust the thoughts....don’t even look to trust the feelings, or even the source of feelings & intuition - simply notice the actuality that there is feeling, that there is sensational guidance - always - within you. The metadventure is far better than an asking of faith or trust - you are directly connected, 24/7. 

Ime, the full life, the “life in full swing” if you will...is that of meditation, journaling feelings for expanding emotional intelligence, and getting out / clear of what you don’t want. Then, you know more clearly what you do want, and you can write it up on your dream board (holon). By tapping into the source of the wanting, you are tapping into the intuition and the source of infinite potentiality within you that all is flowing from. Try to notice this is already the case. All of your choices literally led to this, to you reading this, now. What will come into / through this now - next? 

You might say a seeker, is a yet realized creator. A see’r of “problems”, a yet realized creator / creation / creating. 

In the choosing, in the knowing of the choosing of the unfolding of life - that you are creating with choice, with the choosing of thoughts in accordance with source...that is the greatest 24/7 thrill ride imaginable. It is not about the arrival of the objects of desire, it is about living full of desire now. It’s not about the products of your creating, it’s the visceral feeling - to be alive! To be here! If you’re perhaps taking reality for granted, stop and contemplate the depth of not knowing. This is impossible. The mind loves loves loves to pretend it’s all “reality” & “normal” earth / human “stuff”. Uncover the beliefs, one at a time, and you’re uncovering your more passionate desires, your more unique wants, creating the greatest life imaginable. 

The now is for the receiving of what you’re wanting, truly a miracle of experience. With proper meditation, journaling, and dream boarding...there’s simply no time, cause, drive, or need - for ruminating. There’s just far too much interest, far too much to create, far too much passion & desire. When you can make a choice, and let go of resistant thoughts, there isn’t anything to think about. “Improving life” is impossible, it’s perfect. “Improving” = more of what you are wanting....derived of all your experiences up to this very minute, knowing what you don’t want, knowing more then what you do want, intuition, feeling, and choosing. 

The entire universe is designed as such - around your choice. It’s hard to notice, due to the cosmic entirety of your whole creation. Look around you right now...what is there....not as a result of your choosing, your creating?....not a single thing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

15 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

What exactly do you learn on LSD trips that translates to sober everyday experience?

It varies. You get to have your own adventure. That is part of the beauty.

On 1/4/2020 at 8:39 PM, Raptorsin7 said:

Hold my hand and take a journey with me into yourself.

Is there actually a problem in the noticing of what you just shared and is there perhaps a belief somewhere from your spiritual readings that such activity is not how things should be, or is not what a so called enlightened person would live like?

What do you mean exactly by improve and whoms eyes are you trying to improve for?  If its your own, what do you want, if its another, is it important for you to improve in their eyes and are you willing to do it, if not thats ok?  Theres no wrong answer here.

If you do not know of intuition, relax, it may not exist, and if it did, so be it.  Don't feel like there's a problem if its nothing that comes your way, you still have what you have.

Edited by Mu_