AwakenedSoul444

I just want a god damn enlightenment experience

151 posts in this topic

@purerogue that's the mainstream belief but that's not what psychiatrists say, mine told me recently that they heal depression not just mask it.

I don't believe the scientific position that the meds solve your problems but that's what it is

@AwakenedSoul444  

Thanks for your honest replies. Your persistence has encouraged me to reflect on my views, and I think this conversation has revealed one of my biases, that there should be a hard binary distinction between scientific and non-scientific knowledge like intuition, traditional, alternative etc. This is probably because of my education in hard sciences like physics and chemistry. Knowledge is actually more shades of grey, eg psychological conditions like anxiety, OCD, depression aren't determined with a blood test or brain scan, but by how you feel. 

I'm pleased you're feeling better with the OCD, best wishes that it heals long term. And thanks for nudging me to look at my own bias. I still think there's useful, relative distinctions, and that scientific treatments have their uses, I was helped out of depression with tablets in the past. Let's just agree to differ on that. This whole area is varies so much between individuals, there are lots of successes and failures with meds and psychotherapy.

Attachment requires things, but only processes exist.

@silene yea the pills helped my depression too but not the OCD and maybe the actual causes of the depression (such as the OCD and anxiety), but my psychiatist keeps saying that they heal depression.

Yea sorry for my angry replies , I'm going through some stress in my life right now and for some reason I'm arguing with people alot on forums, either that or I post questionable arguments that everyone flocks to attack because they are kind of weak and not grounded in anything. That may be the kind of shit my mind is making up now because I'm in a state of poor mental health lol, sorry.

@AwakenedSoul444 No worries I understand. There's something about internet forums which lets us get carried away a bit, not only this forum. Actually I often edit my posts when I read them over again later and think, why did I write that, I should be kinder, less certain, more inquiring. 

Good we can keep it friendly, I really don't want to add to anyone's stress. Peace to us all. 

Edited by silene

Attachment requires things, but only processes exist.

All of existence is enlightenment...

THIS is all there is.... don't miss it looking for an illusion...

@AwakenedSoul444 There is no need to prove methods to people here. If it works for you, then be happy with that. People will naturally be closedminded and skeptical about psychic methods.

Your best shot at glimpsing enlightenment is to patiently work to solve your mental health issues, ween off meds, and then take a psychedelic. You will see what enlightenment is.

"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

@Leo Gura I'm going to finish weaning off the meds in 4 days, then gonna wait 3 days and take LSD. I'm almost there lol. My mental health issues are getting better, I'm listening to this hypnosis for self esteem by mindfit, doing more spiritual practices like the RASA and strong determination sitting, going for 30 min- hour walks . 

@AwakenedSoul444 Triggering an enlightenment experience can come from a counter intuitive move, for example instead of trying to get enlightened to escape some specific "feeling" try fo mindfully focus on that feeling you are so desperately trying to escape. I m not saying this is gonna do it, but it worked for me. I also meditated a lot

Maybe try to view meditation as a break from the stress? Listen to guided meditation lying down. It s pretty relaxing

@AwakenedSoul444 You know what else might help you? Binuaral beats while meditating. You can find free alpha wave audios on YT. Look for alpha wave 7, 8, or 9 HZ.

You can also buy them on Amazon for cheap.

"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi