Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VeganAwake

The pain of pretending to know..

17 posts in this topic

Pretending to know is the sickness and Samadhi is the cure.

Please stop pretending, it's so obvious ?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

You can't really just stop pretending through your mindset. You have to over time build to that point. 

"You Create Magic" 

@Flowerfaeiry explain in quick detail what u mean please

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Example: when I first began to learn more about this work I kept wanting to always be in that place of knowing, so I would default to pretending when things weren't flowing, because I knew the state I wanted to be in, but wasn't advanced enough on the path to act that way. I would try to mindset my way there but that just resulted in the pretending. I first read about pretending in Remember, Be Here Now, where he has a quote that says something like, "they can always tell you're pretending" and boy that stuck with me haha. 

"You Create Magic" 

1 hour ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

@VeganAwake Example: when I first began to learn more about this work I kept wanting to always be in that place of knowing, so I would default to pretending when things weren't flowing, because I knew the state I wanted to be in, but wasn't advanced enough on the path to act that way. I would try to mindset my way there but that just resulted in the pretending. I first read about pretending in Remember, Be Here Now, where he has a quote that says something like, "they can always tell you're pretending" and boy that stuck with me haha. 

Sorry I didn't get back to you..

Yes the unknowing requires practice and the realization that we really don't know. After that though the surrender is beautiful... it's freedom.

It takes a dropping of the ego to unknow.. most can't handle it..

When you realize you are perfect and nothing needs to be done the ego is simply rendered useless. ❤

Knowing is a curse... because you always have to know... it's only the illusory self that thinks it knows.

The freedom lies in Unknowing ?

Facts. “I” recently realized this as well. That all questions/answers are imaginary. So what is there left to do?  My imaginary answer is enjoying the imagination of Self (senses on human imagination off) and when the human body is tired they can imitate Self by imagining experiences and watching them fade realizing anything is possible, all is because Self imagines it to be and that Self is always at peace left untouched.

9 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Sorry I didn't get back to you..

Yes the unknowing requires practice and the realization that we really don't know. After that though the surrender is beautiful... it's freedom.

It takes a dropping of the ego to unknow.. most can't handle it..

When you realize you are perfect and nothing needs to be done the ego is simply rendered useless. ❤

Knowing is a curse... because you always have to know... it's only the illusory self that thinks it knows.

The freedom lies in Unknowing ?

No worries, I am just now logging back in myself. Wow I totally see what you are saying. I haven't had the experience that the illusory self knows and that freedom lies in unknowing. We may be talking about different things, but to me, I was blind until I started to awaken. I see in some round about way that freedom is in unknowing, maybe unknowing all that I think I know, which would I think, come from a knowing itself:)

"You Create Magic" 

1 hour ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

No worries, I am just now logging back in myself. Wow I totally see what you are saying. I haven't had the experience that the illusory self knows and that freedom lies in unknowing. We may be talking about different things, but to me, I was blind until I started to awaken. I see in some round about way that freedom is in unknowing, maybe unknowing all that I think I know, which would I think, come from a knowing itself:)

Good luck in your Awakening I'm not sure if you will like this guy but he packs a very powerful unknowing message ❤ have a good afternoon ?

4 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

@remember the quote is from "Remember, Be Here Now" by Ram Dass. 

yep i know - there was just this synchronicity and i thought you were talking about b. brecht xD it was quite funny and strange and interesting.

@remember lol! I am almost done with the book you suggested I read. It's been awesome! If you remember, remember :)

"You Create Magic" 

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Pretending is half the fun

I like you're honest ❤

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

I like you're honest ❤

Haha well in that case... I only pretended to know your meaning of pretending, without actually reading the post. You're welcome for the living example ???

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

On 1/5/2020 at 0:37 AM, remember said:

@Flowerfaeiry  which one? the one where running is not flight mode? :)

Women Who Run With the Wolves :x

"You Create Magic"