Annoynymous

The US just killed Iran General

150 posts in this topic

These times seem eerily similar to 2002/3. I remember being 14 years old sitting in my wood working class and everyone glued to the TV watching the Iraqi invasion unfold. My young mind couldn't grasp the significance of it then. Since then I've known high school class mates who were killed, family members who've came back dismembered and/or mentally disturbed. 

Now in my early 30s I've seen the world change rapidly before my eyes. 

The rise of nationalism in Europe and in America

An increasingly worrying climate crisis

Increase wealth inequailty and corporate power/greed

So many of these issues could have been prevented and/or mitigated had we not spent the past two decades mired in war. 

Now in the opening of 2020, it seems like things are getting worse. We need to denounce this, even if it means getting out on the streets. 

I am curious why he did something like that before elections, seems like very stupid move , it does not help him, but lets see, he always finds ways how to surprise. 

Edited by purerogue

@purerogue His base will love it. He can play the strong man argument in the debates with any Democrat too. Imagine him standing next to Bernie discussing foreign conflict. He will eat him alive. Bernie's compassion and common sense will look weak next to Trump's fear mongering and tough guy stance.

@Raptorsin7 It really goes against the anti-interventionist 2016 Trump though. I think that tough guy act will only work with the minority sycophants who voted for him, not the anti-war Republicans and Independents who voted for him.

Edited by Bno

I think is not about some random president. This has been case for collective US mentality and fear based action. Maybe they think "what will happen if we as country loose our position as global leader? No, that can not happen. We must act whoever tries to get in our way and become our threat" - this is how they justify their action.

But if you go through the history, many powers had risen, ruled for a while before they fall. It was the case for the romans, British, French, Greeks etc. 

What the US is failing to understand is that they can not be the top influential for eternity. The world is evolving and the will suffer the fate that was suffered by former superpowers. 

@Annoynymous  "The world is evolving "

It sure is. I heard an interesting programme on the BBC world service this morning, about the geopolitical changes on the horizon as the world transitions away from fossil fuels to green alternatives. It seems that some of the big oil producers like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Russia etc are still in denial about needing to diversify, and how quickly technology is starting to develop. They were warning that further political instability and migration could be on the cards, when oil consuming countries don't need them any more. This is turning into a fascinating century all right. 

@silene tell me about a century when it was not fascinating in terms of international relations :|

But yeah, the world is in transition from one place to another. I just want that transition to lead us to higher consciousness.

But it seems like we have to go through a lot of turmoil. After all it is not easy for something new to begin as it is for the mother who gives birth to child.

The birth is always painful. 

Does anyone know what stage of spiral dynamics the general was on? 

3 hours ago, Bno said:

Unfortunately, it seems like @Leo Gura is doing this. Or suggesting that Trump is the worst. Obama started 5 wars (Lybia, Syria, Sudan, Yemen, and Somalia) in addition to Bush's 2 (Iraq and Afghanistan). If anything, I'd say Obama is more dangerous than Trump because of how asleep the left gets when there's a Democrat in office.

If you read his comment back it will actually read that his opinion is that the correct wording is attributed to the US killing the Iran top leader. 

And in reference to Trump he only said that the concerns about him had come to fruition. 

Where was the suggestion that Trump was the worst?? And have you even heard any other statements by Leo except the ones that perpetuate this idea? Lol! 

Edited by Brenzo2

@Husseinisdoingfine

16 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

This  video is quite eye opening. Thank you for sharing it.

This video shows the mechanism of devil. This is how a devil pursue it's own agenda by creating a smokescreen of "Good" while doing all the evil deeds. 

12 minutes ago, Bill W said:

Does anyone know what stage of spiral dynamics the general was on? 

@Brenzo2 this is absolutely irrelevant here. No matter where he is according to spiral dynamics, you can not justify of killing him for that. 

i‘m not sure if the us is coming for iran - i have a gut feeling that this is an exemplary execution to show that you can have some kind of cooperation but then there is a line that’s not to be crossed... of course happenings like that can dissolve in warfare and well both sides are probably very aware about what tension this produces, i sometimes ask myself what would have happened if there wouldn’t have been a wall between east and west germany - but in some sense this is not about iran it is about irak and probably syria as well. maybe if that does not get muddled up too much... but i see different boarders in these countries i see different boarders running through families - and even through peoples own minds - the boarders are ideological, cultural, religious. i‘m not sure if it was an act of destabilization or an act of stabilization - we will see.

Edited by remember

@Brenzo2 Leo has said before that "Trump is on a class of his own" in terms of corruption, that he is the most corrupt president we've ever had. He also said in that post that waging war with Iran was the greatest concern about Trump, when actually Hillary and the DNC was being more hawkish than he was being and we were already bombing 7 different countries under Obama. I agree with Leo's statement about the media rephrasing the topic.

Edited by Bno

At least Trump is candid about doing it. Putin would have just said "not us, we were never there". 

This has wag the dog, forget about impeachment written all over it. Don't underestimate the self serving think tanks in Washington.

The Middle East along with Hong Kong is just the echoes of WW2 and the people who messed with the territory rights and politics of independent cultures that did not want to join and unionize.

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

Gadafi was killed the same way... During Obama's mandate.

Imagine a world without lobbing and Propaganda ? lol

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~!