PlayOnWords

What To Do In A Trip

25 posts in this topic

Soon, I will be tripping with the intention of going deep into my past and making peace with it.

I am expecting sobbing, rage and 'insanity' to ensue. 

What can I do to ensure my intentions are accomplished? 

I usually meditate coming up. I'm thinking some shamanic breathing to stir up some stuff. 

Also, visualizing traumatic memories and really trying to put myself back there again. Then, allow myself to fully experience the pain involved. Thus, providing healing. 

What can I do in this deep, personal trip to take me back to these moments in my life and make peace with them? 

Just sit still.

And don't go into it expecting sobbing and rage. That becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Expect good things. Expect answers to your deepest questions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You could try doing Sedona meditation before dropping your insanity pill of choice.

Happy exorcism, brother! :D

Why so serious?

Hmm, I like to dance and have fun during the come up to put myself into a great mood. Kind of a cheesy Tony Robbins-style tactic, but it works. As soon as I enter the well-known psychedelic space, I turn off the music and sit on the couch or lay on the grass. Trying to contemplate from there, organically without forcing a topic.

After reading "Conversations with God" by Neale Donald Walsch, I have thought about trying, guess what, talking with God during the trip. And it works, I might even say I like the dialogue format more than just thinking.

De nada ^_^ -- Oooh btw, I LOVE listening to Ligeti during trips lately; it's not exactly for the faint of heart, but it might give your trip just the special twist you're looking for!

Why so serious?

Or, if you wanna have a good ol' cry about past hurt and caress your inner wounds, there's nothing like listening to Arvo Pärt's Spiegel im Spiegel (preferably during the late stage of your trip):

Why so serious?

@PlayOnWords  Listen to it and you'll know it... trust me B|

I like the Ligeti stuff especially because it is incredibly hypnotic, strangely gorgeous and at the same time as somber and spooky as the black bottomless depth of outer space. Its otherworldly beauty will knock your socks off and trigger a whole avalanche of visceral emotions, especially on LSD - and it's best enjoyed in the dark with headphones.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

@PlayOnWords  You do that! But like I said, it's not for the easily scared; I wouldn't recommend it to first timers. I mean, I absolutely love it, but I'm a complete fucking weirdo, so there's that. ^_^

Why so serious?

@Bazooka Jesus I am no n00b to LSD. However, this will be my first (hopefully!) exorcism so I'll proceed with caution, cunning and some confidence. Seems like a good mix! 

Cool, in that case I am looking forward to your trip report; read you later alligator.

Why so serious?

17 hours ago, PlayOnWords said:

Soon, I will be tripping with the intention of going deep into my past and making peace with it.

A psychedelic is going to be Very Now oriented. It would be resistant to try to go to a past...the healing is feeling - Love - Now. (Resistance is No Fun on a psychedelic)

I am expecting sobbing, rage and 'insanity' to ensue. 

Why in the world would you expect what you don’t want. 

What can I do to ensure my intentions are accomplished? 

You really want sobbing, rage and insanity?  I’d be more careful. You get what you ask for in this universe. 

I usually meditate coming up. I'm thinking some shamanic breathing to stir up some stuff. 

You’ll create that. 

Also, visualizing traumatic memories and really trying to put myself back there again. Then, allow myself to fully experience the pain involved. Thus, providing healing. 

What can I do in this deep, personal trip to take me back to these moments in my life and make peace with them? 

Be here now instead. The past is a thought. Healing is now. Be here now. 

No offense, but you’re aiming to deepen your attachment to your past, and your identity / attachment to that “who you are”. Total wrong direction - relative to what you actually want imo. Go forward, not backwards. 

If you spent years lost in the desert and finally came upon water, you drink it. No story is needed about the past & the desert, for the water. The water is unconditionally, here, now, love.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I do want the sobbing and rage though. I've been yearning for it for so long and I can feel it in me. I can feel a need to purge. This is what I want. 

In visiting the past, I'm hoping I can put it to bed. Then come back, do some integration and build that foundation. From therein, I can be here now. 

Could it be that being in a Now-oriented scenario whilst reflecting on the past can heal and propel one into the present moment in their everyday life, after making peace with trauma from their previous experiences? I really do think so. But maybe not. We will see. 

What you're saying sounds great. And I trust that you are right in the grand scheme of things, from a birds eye view. 

Nevertheless, I also think that this is just where I'm at right now and I need to take the necessary steps. In the big picture view perhaps it is a step back, but a lot of times in life you have to go back to go forwards.

I think what you're suggesting is maybe a tad too complex for me right now.

Your advice has not fallen on deaf ears, though... 

Edited by PlayOnWords

@Bazooka Jesus thanks, that's cool music.

Never really listened intensly to that genre. It reminds me of an anime soundtrack or something like that. I think you might like Kanno Yoko.

For LSD I also love Tycho.

@Girzo  Interesting, you got some favorite tracks that you wanna share?

Stanley Kubrik used Ligeti's music most famously in 2001: A Space Odyssey; it used to sound cacophonic and creepy as FUCK to my ears when I first encountered it, but these days I think that some of his earlier works are among the most beautifully composed pieces of music of the 20st century (especially Lux Aeterna, which really conveys the notion of an eternally unborn and undying source of light that pervades all things in existence).

Man, I could shower you with recommendations when it comes to classical music, but most of what I really love is rather "heavy" late romantic / early modern stuff (think Richard Wagner, Claude Debussy, Igor Stravinsky and the likes), and not all of it is truly compatible with LSD, lol! (When it comes to Richard Wagner though, I often wonder if that guy had some kind of a special Psilocybin pump sitting inside his brain that he could just tap whenever he sat down to compose... fucking amazing.)

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?