Amandine

Looking good naked :)

80 posts in this topic

I am not looking for any criticism in this journal.

I'm doing the best I can step by baby step.

Thank you for any support and encouragement. :x

Leo's Journal Guidelines:

* you could start a journal around ...your fat-loss journey

* give it a sexy title xD

Okay, I'm 164cm (5'4 1/5) and weighed 62.2kgs (136.8 lbs) this morning. 

This is the heaviest I've ever weighed, so am not feeling "good in my skin" right now.

Some of my clothes are starting to feel tight, I'm not happy at this weight.

I mostly hate the ways my thighs splay out when I sit down.

I hate my husband touching my upper arms cos I feel they've got "chunkier".

Although he says he hasn't noticed, bless him. :x

I'd like my butt to feel less "padded" too.

My aim is to get back to my usual weight of 55kgs (121 lbs).

Which means a weight loss of 7.2 kgs (15.8 lbs). 

This 7kg weight has crept up slowly with daily aperitifs of wine and cheese/nuts.

In 2018, I had the worst nightmare happen in my Family of Origin.

My heroin criminal brother was isolating and exploiting my vulnerable elderly disabled mum. 

And she kept claiming she was happy with him being there.

So I started drinking wine to cope with the nightmare trauma of it all.

This is what happened for those interested:

I was verbally threatened by my brother not to even phone my mum, let alone visit her.

I also live very far away in another country, so was limited in how much I could do. :S

I felt upset and disappointed that my sisters didn't do more to look after or protect my mum. :(

So I decided to cut off ties with the whole lot of them for my own sanity.

It was the best decision I could have done, and something I've been wanting to do for a very long time.

But before I always felt too guilty to cut off, like the proverbial captain abandoning ship, so never did.

If you read my story, you will understand why.

I may have to learn to live with survivor's guilt for the rest of my life.

I have now stopped drinking since being on this site, which I've journaled in my Goals thread.

My very first goal was to stop alcohol, I now only have an occasional glass of wine at a special event.

I'm also meditating for 20 minutes every day, which I'm already feeling the benefits from.

And reading a chapter of "As A man thinketh" every day as well as daily affirmations.

https://wahiduddin.net/thinketh/as_a_man_thinketh.pdf

I hope to find on this site healthier ways to deal with my pain than through alcohol.

By doing the necessary Personal Development work.

Starting on things like Inner Child work and Family of Origin work, Co-dependency and Shadow work.

Among other interesting "inner work" and therapies that I will discover can be done as I go along.

However, I won't be happy until I get back to the weight I was before all this started, my usual 55kgs.

So, what's the best diet for me?

I need to be able to eat whatever I want, no holds barred, no taboo foods, etc

I have always ate clean most of my life, quite a bit of organic, and mainly vegetarian (for animal cruelty reasons).

I love baking and discovering new recipes, so need to be able to continue cooking whatever I like.

I am a bit OCD with numbers and calculating, so don't mind counting calories.

It'll be less time consuming than having to change my wardrobe, lol.xD

Sometimes people seem not to like the idea of counting calories.

But for me it's so much easier because otherwise you're always wondering "I should have seen a result by now".

But if it's just the maths then you know what's happening, you can't go wrong, and you don't have to wonder. 

If I create a deficit of 3500 calories each week (that's 500 cals a day) through both diet and exercise,

I will lose about one pound of body weight on average weekly. 

So the whole 16lbs will be gone by springtime.

Limiting myself to 1,600 cals a day seems doable, difficult but doable.

I should probably normally consume around 1,850 cals for maintenance.

So that's a 250 daily calorie deficit through diet (=1,600 cals a day).

And at least 250 calories less through exercise (I'll do more if I can, I enjoy it).

Slow and steady wins the race, I don't like freaking myself out.

Starting tomorrow.

If all goes well, I should reach my goal in 16 weeks, or 4 months time, by end April.

I'll also have a cheat meal from time to time where I go out for a nice meal somewhere.

My husband and I usually do that once a week.

I'll just increase the exercise around the cheat meal to compensate.

New motto: nothing tastes as good as looking naked feels :D

Edited by Amandine

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

@Amandine 16:8 intermittent fasting, 8 hours for food and 16 hours nothing just pure water, If you can do it then you don't need any dramatic change of diet.

However, ideally no bread, no chocolate, no diary, and no wine xD, sorry, alcohol has lots of calories.

During Christmas I gained 2-3kg and I currently started New Year detox fast I'm in 2nd day and I expect to end up at 70 kg with 176 cm it is ok-ish and I'm going to keep below 70.

How? If one does not heavily exercise then you have to do it with diet and I exercise at least 3x per week 1.5h and if I add my sex appetite then it is ok with all foods above excluded xD.   

15 hours ago, archi said:

@Amandine 16:8 intermittent fasting, 8 hours for food and 16 hours nothing just pure water, If you can do it then you don't need any dramatic change of diet.

However, ideally no bread, no chocolate, no diary, and no wine xD, sorry, alcohol has lots of calories.

During Christmas I gained 2-3kg and I currently started New Year detox fast I'm in 2nd day and I expect to end up at 70 kg with 176 cm it is ok-ish and I'm going to keep below 70.

How? If one does not heavily exercise then you have to do it with diet and I exercise at least 3x per week 1.5h and if I add my sex appetite then it is ok with all foods above excluded xD.   

Atta boy! @archi

Can you just sleep during the whole "18¨" bit though?

Or is that cheating?

Edited by Amandine

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

Day 1:

Starting weight: 62.2kgs (136.8 lbs)

Goal weight: 55kgs (121 lbs)

Total weight to lose: 7.2kgs (15.8 lbs)

Daily limit: 1,600 calories

Weight loss rate: 1 lb a week

Date Ideal weight: end April

* 8am 87c

Cappuccino 87

* Indoor bike (49 mins) burned 250 cals

* 10am-ish Breakfast (muesli) 505c Crikey! 

20g organic unsalted cashew nuts (623) 124 + 30g dried juicy apricots (231) 69 + 15g Bjorg organic sugarfree muesli (367) 55 + 15g Jordans sugar-reduced granola (437) 65

10g organic oatbran (359) 35 + 5g organic chia seeds (449) 22 + 100g fresh forest fruits (55) 55 + 175g organic soy milk (46) 80

Total cals so far today: 87+505=592c

*Another Indoor bike (44 mins) burned 250 cals

* 4pm Lunch (croque monsieur salad) 828c Bloody hell!

100g Iceberg lettuce (17) 17 + 156g tomato (18) 28 + 35g bell pepper (20) 7 + 20g onion (40) 8 + 30g avocado (165) 49 + 2g fried crispy onion (590) 10 + 10g mayo (441) 44 + 10g pesto (520) 52 + 124g rye bread (214) 265 + 32g cheese (352) 112 + 10g chorizo (498) 49 + 5g mustard (245) 12 + 320g organic orange juice (54) 175

Total cals so far today: 87+505+828=1,420c

180c left for rest of the day. Oh dear!:S

My initial aim was for 1,500c a day, but I've had to change it already and raise it to 1,600c.

I'm not going to be able to have much for later otherwise.

I don't want to have to go to bed early cos I've got nothing to eat.:S 

Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper, lol. xD

* 4.30pm Snack (latte and biscuits) 170c

Latte macchiato 80 + 3 small vanilla lemon protein biscuits (20g) 90

Yikes, guess I'll have to skip dinner, no more calories left.

Can't say I'm hungry though (mustn't grumble!)

Will just have to distract myself till bedtime now.  xD

Total cals so far today: 87+505+828+170=1,590c ????

Indoor bike (93 mins) burned 500 cals ????

Edited by Amandine

I know you said no advice, but I thought you might find this quite practical. Adding in more high volume foods for your calorie limit will keep you full longer and suppress the need of feeling hungry. Stuff like cantaloupe watermelon, honedew, etc. I find my hunger satiated for a long time after a smoothie with a mix of those kinds of foods that do not contain many calories. I like eating pineapple and stuff like that a lot too. Good luck! 

what helped me to keep my weight:

• going almost vegan (i never succeeded entirely with milk products) - a lot of it raw
  • stop drinking wine here and there (alcohol is really worse than chocolate)
  • do yoga and or some sports you have fun with doing
  • what archi said, or only eat when you really are hungry choose the meal of the day you prefere and take that but leave the others or one of them. if you are still hungry, a fruit is a good option.
Edited by remember

2 hours ago, Average Investor said:

I know you said no advice, but I thought you might find this quite practical. Adding in more high volume foods for your calorie limit will keep you full longer and suppress the need of feeling hungry. Stuff like cantaloupe watermelon, honedew, etc. I find my hunger satiated for a long time after a smoothie with a mix of those kinds of foods that do not contain many calories. I like eating pineapple and stuff like that a lot too. Good luck! 

Thank you @Average Investor , that's a good point about favoring low calorie-dense/high-volume foods, I like that. Haha, way to get a nice big Buddha belly. Gonna get me a nice big salad for lunch. Satiety is everything. ?

ps. On reflection, I've just erased the "advice" bit on my first message, just kept the "criticism" bit. ;)

However, I've never really been a smoothie person, the thing that doesn't attract me about them is the fact that eating the fruit (or veggie) whole seems to me a better option due to the amount of fibre which remains intact but which is lessened when the food is blended/puréed, and will therefore be less filling.

Edited by Amandine

Great pointers, @remember thank you ? 

2 hours ago, remember said:

going almost vegan (i never succeeded entirely with milk products) - a lot of it raw

Tbh I'd go vegan tomorrow (primarily for ethical reasons), I really hate how animals are treated.

However, on a purely social level (going out for invitations with friends, restaurants) would probably be quite tricky as a vegan I imagine. 

And do you not get more tummy problems with so much raw plant food? I guess one has to convert to veganism very progressively for digestive reasons.

I'm also wondering if I could even really become a vegan being a cat owner (when you see what he eats!)?

However, as much as I can in my daily life, I try and limit animal products, I love dairy but always choose plant milks and creams. And I'm a big egg person, I love baking cakes and quiches, I love my avocado egg on toast.

Ha, in my desperate youth, I sometimes used to do the "boiled egg diet". I ate only boiled eggs (you can eat as many as you like) for 3 days and each time would "lose" exactly 3 kilos during those 3 days! Apparently, it was what models would do before photo shoots. It was obviously mostly water weight I lost (geez, all that frigging peeing!). Nothing eggstraordinary, lol.

Edited by Amandine

1 hour ago, Amandine said:

And do you not get more tummy problems with so much raw plant food? I guess one has to convert to veganism very progressively for digestive reasons.

i don`t know could be that your tummy will have to adjust to the new form of food, but overall it will make your tummy more stable against problems after a while, because the more structured food is like sports for your intestines and can prevent a lot of illnesses in addition. be aware of the supplementation you will need after a while, like vit b12 and b6 (i`m also using a toothpaste with vit b12) and letting your iron levels and also other vitamins, minerals and vital signs be checked - there are special lists what is good to be checked for vegans. i aslo guess eggs once in a while can`t be bad - i also eat eggs but i always buy organic, regional and from free living chicken.

i guess if it is mainly for health and shape reasons you could make exceptions when out with friends - but in the bigger cities most restaurants have vegan options and you could also then choose the places you go accordingly.

thanks for the info @remember  veganism is definitely becoming more widespread and mainstream (even in France, lol).

@Amandine You seemed pretty accepting of the first tip, so I figured I would give it a go haha. When I was quite a bit over weight I did lose my first initial 5-10 pounds with salads and walking. Salads were definitely helpful. 

1 hour ago, Average Investor said:

@Amandine You seemed pretty accepting of the first tip, so I figured I would give it a go haha. When I was quite a bit over weight I did lose my first initial 5-10 pounds with salads and walking. Salads were definitely helpful. 

Wow, good on you @Average Investor Just salads or with some protein, healthy fats too?

Where do you live by the way? Australia or somewhere sunny? I just couldn't bring myself to eat refreshing melons and pineapples at the moment, it's the middle of winter where I am. O.o

Edited by Amandine

@Amandine  When I did the salads I did not know much about nutrition. I just had like iceberg lettuces and they were store bought ones. They had junk on them. But their high water content made it easier to lose weight. 

I am in the united states. West coast, in a high rain fall area. So usually "gloomy" but that is just perspective haha. I like it here now. I go for runs in the rain and even in freezing etc. I just enjoy that stuff at this point so much, but a lot of that is a result of removing all adding sugar I think. That and taste adjusts if you just eat that kind of stuff. 

Edited by Average Investor

@Average Investor Ha, I think it rained in every episode of "The Killing" (Seattle), I said to myself that's one place I won't be putting on my bucket list of places to visit, lol. But you're right, you can always change your perspective. Better you than me though with all those runs in the rain, I bet you go the whole hog and take cold showers too, don't you? xD

I'm all cosy on my indoor bike watching Leo's videos (it used to be the Real Housewives, lol) while I pedal away. :D

By the way, do you wash your Icebergs or do you just buy organic (without all the chemicals on them)? The pesticides/herbicides would only be on the outer leaves though, wouldn't they?

I actually only buy Icebergs now, I've got a salad spinner and all that jazz, but can't be arsed with all the kerfuffle rinsing them off, life's too short.

And then my conscience is pricked when I read that non-organic lettuces are like at the top of the list of most toxic vegetables you can eat. :o

To be honest, I think I only like lettuce/salads because of the naughty blob of mayo (=added sugar) I put on it. xD

That's great that you're eating natural sugars (in delicious fruit) instead of the actual poison that is sugar. I bet you have to check all the labels though? Sugar is so sneaky (it's even in your toothpaste), it's got multiple personality disorder, it's got like 70 different frigging names. So seriously well done (and good luck) with that!! ? ?

Day 2:

Today's weight: 61.6kgs (135.5 lbs) ?

Weight loss so far after 1 day: 600g (1.3 lbs) ?:D

Weight loss to go: 6.6kgs (14.5 lbs) left to go

Today I'm going to eat the same as yesterday for breakfast and lunch but will try and subtly shave off some calories from those 2 meals so I have more left over for the end of  the day than I did yesterday.

* 8.30am Wake-up coffee 87c

Cappuccino 87

11.30am-ish Breakfast (muesli) 339c Ha, already better than yesterday! ?

10g organic unsalted cashew nuts (623) 62 + 15g dried juicy apricots (231) 34 + 10g Bjorg organic sugarfree muesli (367) 36 + 10g Jordans sugar-reduced granola (437) 43 + 10g organic oatbran (359) 35 + 5g organic chia seeds (449) 22 + 50g fresh forest fruits (55) 27 + 175g organic soy milk (46) 80

Total cals so far today: 87+339=426c Phew, that's more like it, so far so good ?

* 2.30pm Lunch (croque monsieur salad) 706c Yay, progress!

100g Iceberg lettuce (17) 17 + 160g tomato (18) 28 + 55g bell pepper (20) 11 + 55g cucumber (14) 7+ 25g onion (40) 10 + 2g fried crispy onion (590) 10 + 12g mayo (661) 79 + 1g olive oil (900) 9 + 70g wholemeal bread (270) 189 + 22g cheese (352) 77 + 10g organic chorizo (498) 49 + 5g mustard (245) 12 + 10g Nori algae sheets (300) 30 + 330g organic orange juice (54) 178

Total cals so far today: 87+339+706=1,132c

468c left for rest of day.

* Indoor bike (90 mins) burned 500 cals

4.30pm Snack (latte and biscuits) 260c

Latte macchiato 80 + 6 small vanilla lemon protein biscuits (40g) 180

Total cals so far today: 87+339+706+260=1,392c

208c left for rest of the day.

* 8pm Dinner (lentils and veggies) 152c

200g steamed fennel 32 + 1/3 (100g/120c) organic vegan ready-meal (lentils, peppers, carrots, butter beans, chick peas, turnip, spices) 120

Total cals so far today: 87+339+706+260+152=1,544c ????

Indoor bike (90 mins) burned 500 cals ????

I think I could have actually gone without dinner and made the day resemble a sort of "intermittent fasting" one.

Edited by Amandine

@Amandine Lol I did do the cold showers for a month or so. I might do them again, but usually after I run in the cold I am already pretty cold. I have not explored Seattle a whole lot, but a few times. It's really cramped and parking is expensive in my experience. I like Oregon a quite a bit though. quite a bit of places showing a bit more SD green. Kind, friendly, and unique people there. Of course there is bad apples too though lol. The town I live in has very little diversity. It's a pretty good place, but a lot of low conscious stuff here. 

Personally I would recommend other types of lettuces just because of low nutritional value in iceberg. I would recommend maybe even trying a variety and spinach is super health as a good one to add. If you like it keep eating it no problem, but try to explore some other ones that might be of interest. 

I buy organic when I can get it. Foods where the content is directly exposed end up with higher amounts of pesticides. So things like spinach, strawberries, blueberries, etc end up with the most. While pineapple and others with strong exteriors or removable exteriors end up with less. In the case of the pineapple it has some of the least. But I imagine in it's climate it naturally grows fine especially with that tough exterior keeping bugs away too. So typically something like spinach I put as a high priority for organic.  However, I would say just consuming fruits and vegetables all together is better. I did eat a bit of lettuce recently that was not organic. I would wash it just because of the fact you can't really know what was on it and in my case mine still had dirt on it. You might be able to remove some pesticides by just washing with water, but I had seen some videos showing removing higher amounts with baking soda and water and letting them sitting. You would really have to look into that though because I don't know how valid those claims are.  

Yeah, I imagine lettuce is also high up on the list of the most contaminated. I made an exception this time for just a couple leafs haha. I made a vegan sloppy joe that contained all organic red lentils,  tomato paste, maple syrup, mustard, apple cider vinegar, onions, garlic, and chili powder. I went a little overboard on the maple syrup and it ended up on the sweeter side. Still was really good. Then just stuck that on to a lettuce leaf. Will definitely make this again as it was really good. Oh and one avocado slice per leaf. 

I was the same way with getting into salads at first. Loaded them with cheese, meat, and the dressing all of which ironically make it harder to lose weight. But the salad was much less calorie dense than my taco bell or other stuff I regularly ate haha. 

Yeah, a lot of the time I eat generally around the same stuff with a lot of fruits and vegetables. If I eat out at a unfamiliar place I am sure I end up eating some, but I usually only go to a familiar place if I do and that is maybe once a month. But yeah, I have to check every label and it is good to I think in general anyway a lot of stuff is sneaked into products. I was going to buy some mango that was organic stored in a jar and I read the ingredients and it had a chemical in it that would de-ice roads. Not sure how bad it was, but that really did not sound healthy at all lol. But I usually would prefer to just buy fresh fruit. Sometimes dried if I want treat to eat. Dried mangos are probably my favorite. Have to be careful even with the dried though because a lot of companies like to add sugar on those too. 

Edited by Average Investor

@Average Investor Thanks for all that great info, and the Sloppy Joe lettuce sandwich, sounds yummy. ?

Have you ever tried using nori algae sheets too to wrap your salad ingredients in (you know the ones they wrap Japanese maki/california rolls in)? I love them for a low-carb snack, creating my own no-carb salad "sandwiches".

Anyways, you sound super healthy, kudos to you for learning all that stuff on your own. ? Ha and nobody to sabotage all your efforts like that ex did. 

You inspire me now to not be so lazy and wash those damn greens! Gonna get me some spinach and also stuff like kale and romaine lettuce too, Dr Perricone often mentions those.

I sometimes do his 3 day face-lift diet, and it's really incredible how great your skin looks after just 3 days of cutting all the crap out of your day!

https://www.perriconemd.co.uk/dr-perricone-3-day-diet

https://www.perriconemd.com/blogs/forever-young-blog/dr-perricone-s-28-day-anti-inflammatory-diet

Mind you, I do wash my avocados when I get home, you don't know how many people fondle them at the market. Especially the French, they love squeezing and sniffing things over here.

I love exotic fruit too like mangos, pineapple, etc, I've just bought some kakis today (sharon fruit) and I really love custard apples , they're usually around Autumn though. D'you know them?

Here's a photo down below, they're delicious, really vanillary and creamy, great if you got a sugar craving, (but without the empty calories that sugar has), they're packed with nutrition. You eat them with a teaspoon and spit the dark pips out. 

I tend to avoid bananas though now. Ha, no more banoffee pie. They're also more or less protected from the pesticides due to their thick skins, but they've caused a huge health problem (and obviously tourist problem) for the French Caribbean islands.

At the end of the '80s all the countries in the whole world signed a treaty to stop spraying chemicals on bananas (the sprays were to kill the worm parasites specific to bananas), all except France (cos of its territories overseas, the French Caribbean islands like Guadaloupe and Martinique). So France was given more time to slowly stop using the chemicals. However decades later they were still using the sprays, and the outcome is that there have been a lot of people really ill on those islands, cancer, the lot. Even though the chemicals protected the bananas from the worms, (so it's considered safe to eat them), these same chemicals seeped into the ground and water supply. It was only recently I think that France had to stop using them, but way too late when you look at the cost to human life and people's health. They say it'll now take a century to evacuate all the junk from the earth and water supply over there. Pff, it beggars belief!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50144261

I do check my labels though and boycott as much as possible anything that is morally corrupt or cruel to animals or a big threat to the environment. Palm oil is a big no-no (orangutans, certain species of elephants and tigers threatened).

I'll check them labels even more obsessively now after reading about your jar stored organic mango!!:o Good on you for spotting that!

Capture plein écran 04012020 202755.jpg

Edited by Amandine

@Amandine I appreciate it! I think a big thing with diet and everything is finding what works best for you. I think people get way to caught up in the tribalism of following certain diets and what not. Diet is very complex and there is always new research and new ways of eating being done. 

Your skin is one of the ways your body removes toxins, so a big thing that produces acne and all of that stuff in food. A lot of typical American style diets contain tons of things that cause inflammation. I had acne issues when I was younger, but I would not have even thought it had anything to do with food. I ate a ton of cheese, drank milk all the time, etc. Same with all of the sugar intake. 

That 3 day plan looks well rounded. I would always recommend as much veggies and fruits as you are wanting to add the better. But that still contains some and I see nothing processed, so that is a big plus. Fish is good, but I do see some stuff suggesting of over eating it they contain some mercury. So for fish it may be best to have maybe a couple times a week. Also, wild caught is always the way to go for the healthiest.

I have not tried the sharon fruit yet, but I believe I had seen one before. I have not seen custard apples that I know of. I am not a huge apple fan though. But on occasion I like to have some with peanut butter or almond butter. 

Yeah, it is really too bad that we have to rely so much on junk foods and chemicals to feed the masses. It will take some time for things to really advance to a level where farming is much more efficient without causing that much harm. 

Wow, that sweetsop looks amazing I have never seen one before. Unfortunately, some of the most exotic I find is a papaya around my local town. Which, I did really like that papaya it was almost like a fruit that kind of tasted like coffee lol. Health food is very low value to most here. Almost all of the groceries stores besides one carries a decent amount of even organic stuff and of course the price is quite a bit higher to match that. I do like traveling into Oregon to get bulk food. I want to try to find some more specialty type shops to get some different kinds of veggies and fruits that I commonly can't get access to. 

For my local town I actually do not eat out at all. I would only eat out in Oregon if I do. There is not really any options that really accommodate what I eat here that I am aware of. 

@Average Investor Sorry, the "sweetsop" or "sugar apple" is the custard apple (it's just another name for it), but funnily it's got nothing to do with the apple family, it actually tastes more like a banana with a vanilla taste, it's incredible and satisfies one's sweet tooth every time, without the sugar! I hope you get to eat one of them one day. Apples by the way are one of my favorite fruits, I love the way you can really bite into them when you're feeling stressed. :D

Do you think you'll ever go and live in Oregon one day, or another place that's "more conscious" than where you are now? Or has less rain, lol? Like in the distant future sometime? xD

Edited by Amandine

Day 3:

Today's weight: 61.6kgs (135.5 lbs) ?

Weight loss so far after 2 days: 600g (1.3 lbs) ?

Weight loss to go: 6.6kgs (14.5 lbs) left to go

I'm gonna eat the same breakfast and lunch most days, which I really enjoy.

But in order to vary the dinner meal, I'm going to be busy baking and cooking this afternoon. To be honest, I'm the sort of person that could eat the same stuff every day ad infinitum, I don't get bored easily, but gotta make an effort to diversify, lol, I'll be listening to Leo's videos while I chop, peel and stir. 

So today am planning to make a vegetarian aubergine feta gratin and an iced chickpea cake (which is absolutely delicious and so more-ish, luckily I'm counting calories 'cos then I really can have my cake and eat it. xD It's one of my top 5 favorite dessert recipes. Adding pureed chickpeas (or even white beans) to the recipe moistens the cake so you don't need to use any fat in it. I hope it'll be ready in time for my "tea-time" today. I've been wanting to remake that cake for months but haven't got round to it.

* 6.30am Wake-up coffee 87c

Cappuccino 87

* Indoor bike (60 mins) burned 500 cals

11.30am Breakfast (muesli) 347c 

10g organic unsalted cashew nuts (623) 62 + 15g dried juicy apricots (231) 34 + 10g Bjorg organic sugarfree muesli (367) 36 + 10g Jordans sugar-reduced granola (437) 43 + 10g organic oatbran (359) 35 + 5g organic chia seeds (449) 22 + 50g fresh forest fruits (55) 27 + 200g organic soy milk (46) 88

Total cals so far today: 87+347=434c 

2pm Lunch (croque monsieur salad) 631c 

100g Iceberg lettuce (17) 17 + 130g tomato (18) 23 + 50g bell pepper (20) 10 + 65g cucumber (14) 9+ 35g onion (40) 14 + 2g fried crispy onion (590) 10 + 12g mayo (661) 79 + 1g olive oil (900) 9 + 76g wholemeal bread (270) 205 + 22g cheese (352) 77 + 10g organic chorizo (498) 49 + 5g mustard (245) 12 + 10g Nori algae sheets (300) 30 + 160g organic orange juice (54) 87

Total cals so far today: 87+347+631=1,065c

535c left for the rest of the day. (They'll probably get gobbled up with just a piece of the chickpea cake, but at least if I die tonight I'll die happy). 

* 6pm Tea-time (1/8 chickpea cake) 513c I really love that cake!

Recipe: 400g jar cooked chickpeas (119) 476 + 7 (355g) organic eggs (146) 518  + 1 cup (125g) ground almonds (658) 822 + 2 (16g) sachets baking powder  (76) 12 + salt/sucralose = 1,816 whole cake (800g/8 parts = 227 cals 

200g (2 parts) chickpea cake (227) 454 + 100g forest fruits/berries (55) 55 + 6g soy cream (68) 4 

Total cals so far today: 87+347+631+513=1,578c ?

Indoor bike (90 mins) burned 500 cals ?

Oh no, I had a taste of my homemade aubergine gratin as I was putting it away in the fridge (it was really delicious), so I'd say I probably consumed about 200 cals more, but it's not dramatic, seeing as I've burned 500 cals anyway today, so it probably still evens out to a 1,600cal day. I'll just not weigh myself tomorrow, don't want to get disappointed in the morning.

Edited by Amandine