Yannik

Feeling out of control.. sometimes

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I have an issue I am dealing with for quite a while now. I am quite deep into my spiritual journey and I've done a lot of inner work already. Cleaned up addictions, co-dependency behaviors, judgments and developed a high level of self-love.

However, there is one thing I seem to never let go of. It's instant gratifications as food.

In the past, I was very strict with my diet, I've tracked all my calories, been to the gym 6x a week but now I am not doing that anymore. 

Whenever I start eating, I just cannot stop. My head just goes wild and I never feel satisfied as a normal human being. Especially when I am around people, there just becomes the point where "normal" people would stop eating and that's where I tend to stop even though I am still exactly as hungry as when I started. 

Yes, I've tried to just let go of the restriction but then I just eat as long as I cannot move anymore and I am still hungry. Then, the next day I could eat that much again but I eat almost nothing because I now I would be fat in one instant if I did. 

Did anyone of you overcome such behavior patterns?

PS: I had a testosterone deficiency recently and I don't eat away pain because I am very very happy with how my life is going. I also have great friends and I am earning good money with my business which I love.

And when I heard Matt Kahn talking about his story, I was thinking if something inside me just wants me to eat more and put on body fat, or if it is just my higher body fat set point that leads to the brain sending out more hunger signals (my family is quite overweight). And Paul Chek talked about the body screaming for food (especially animal or high fat foods because the body needs it)

Any advice is highly appreciated!

Hi,

Just wanted to say this applies to me as well. However I do have a very obsessive and addictive personality (haven't we all to a degree I guess?).

Anyway, I'm clean and sober from alcohol and sleeping pills for 15 months and in that 15 months I have put on 2 stone of fat as I have been binge eating and often high carb content and sugar content.

I don't have a great solution right now. It's a bit like insomnia advice, there are many suggestions but you got to find what works for you. 

For me right now I am intermittent fasting for about 18 to 20 hrs a day and then consuming about 1500 to 2000 calories in the other 4 to 6 hrs. I know this sounds a lot. I'm not counting calories right now but have done for years so i know roughly how many calories I am having.

With the intermittent fasting it has given me great benefits on focus and a feel good factor around self discipline. @tsuki once wrote fasting is meditation for the stomach and that helps with my motivation. Problem I've had is fasting has just led to bigger binges lol and I've defeated the point of fasting to a degree! 

My usual success rate with the 18 to 20 hrs fast is really low. Less than 10% but I'm currently running at about 80% success over the past week and it feels good and only a couple of times have I over binged in the 4 to 6 hour window. 

Hey Yannik. I'm no expert on eating disorders (which is what I think you may have)

but I found this site that has some information on various ones that you may or may not have

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/eating-disorders/symptoms-causes/syc-20353603

I would reccomend researching the bejesus out of and pinning down your exact disorder in all its detail and recovery methods. Buy books on it, research websites, seek medical help, whatever it takes.

Also agree with @Bill W, intermittent fasting is a fantastic diet strategy for not just weight loss, but having a lot more energy, focus and discipline. I do 12pm to 8pm and skip breakfast which works fantastic for me.

it turns out millions of Americans have food disorders so this is not uncommon at all. The good news is, is since the problem is so abundant, solutions and support for these problems must also be abundant. You just gotta find the right sources.