Average Investor

Creating an extraordinary life

331 posts in this topic

Working a bit this weekend, but trying to get some extra mediation in. I am probably going to take Monday off though I think. I am getting an a ton of stuff done and really being a bit more strategic with how I am going about my reselling business. I am still enjoying this it feels like. I think that I could enjoy whatever I put my mind into though. I think this is going to help me transition with going into my next adventure and discovering more. There is so much stuff out there to discover and learn about. I think this time is pretty crucial for me to keep developing myself and building a skill set. Not to mention this is probably the best time for me to be into reselling currently just given the current circumstances. 

I think that I want to develop something unique for my next business. I am going to keep working on my speaking skills and building knowledge. I notice even with the youtube it was hard for me to sustain my full engagement with it. In reselling for example I do have those dips I suppose too. Summer time is always the best time to be in reselling for sure. I am getting more of a feel for things though. I think there is a lot more to discover and learn though. I paused for a bit and through that I do have a good amount of time to really 

Forgot to post the above, but it saved it. Adding a little more to it. going to take tomorrow off from working extra. Going to try to be mindful about making more for each hour that I work and avoid too much of the heavy service stuff. I seem to be averaging it higher and higher though. There is so many facets of things to learn and discover. I feel like business and finances are something I really want to tackle, so I can have a good foundation to work from. The ability to make high level distinctions and be creative seems to be the best route to making the most money and doing what like. 

I notice that I have lost most of my friends just from being busy for a few months. To be fair I had not really had that solid of relationships. The watering and cultivating of relationships is quite difficult while being busy a lot. I think a lot of this is for the best for me. I am starting to evolve quite a bit with my development and I don't need anything holding me back. I have out grown most of these relationships, or in one case not had enough time to really cultivate it. I notice I never feel lonely anymore like I use to like a year or so ago. It does not bother me although I do message people and talk and such. Just the idea or feeling never comes to mind. I have really worked through a lot of that stuff and I think that mechanism within me was keeping me in toxic relationships. I do have to admit I do the toast masters and stuff too, but I don't really connect with those people at all on a personal level. I no longer talk to the person outside of it. I feel as if I am just building a skill there. I actually find myself kind of distracted a lot even in the meetings on there. 

$1,256.00 out of $6000 IRA contribution

$2,400 out of $3,000 savings 

22 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Doing some hard work 

Adding a side gig 

Found a way to save $40 a month 

Definitely getting close to the end of the season for sourcing. I have serious made some major moves in terms of the quality of stuff I am getting. I have cut out getting most items worth under $50 with some exceptions in certain categories. My organization and such has allowed me to bring in a massive amount of stuff. I managed to find a rare 15 year old subwoofer worth $600-$700 for $30 and a set of speakers worth $800+ for $10. Some really good quality stuff coming in with good margins. 

Spending a lot of time studying a stock again. I found a really good position that I am going to start building in a company. I am likely going to take $1,000 out of the savings I saved and put it into the roth ira towards that company over the next month. I am starting to get pretty good at picking out good stocks that are beat up from bad conditions. Although, I have read some books and just been practicing it seems to be going well. I think this knowledge and experience will really make this an amazing portfolio in the long run. 

Really sticking with a lot of foods that are getting me to detox. I notice feel like crap sometimes after the smoothie that is loaded with stuff to help me detoxify. I am also showing symptoms of detoxification. I will see how I feel from doing this for a few weeks. Hopefully this will be well worth feeling like crap. I am also spacing out my meals and not doing short 4 hour eating periods right now due to not feeling as well from this. It is just not sustainable right now. 

$1,256.00 out of $6000 IRA contribution

$2,400 out of $3,000 savings 

22 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Getting a good amount done with a few hours of work.

Making progress on space 

Finding great items 

Almost ready to wind down the season for sourcing. Probably going to go another week or two. I am pretty full with really good inventory. Not just need to put the focus into getting all of it up for sale. Going to be a grind, but I am going to work on getting 1,000+ items listed. It will be some work, but I think with the system I have set up it will not be that taxing and hopefully would just take a few months. 

Definitely dipped into the savings a good chunk. Bought quite a bit of a stock and this month is quite slow for reselling because people are buying school stuff. That and just buying hundreds of dollars of inventory a week is eating up a lot of my free capital. I am feeling really good about the research and the moves I am making with this stuff. I have been contemplating a bit more on what I would like to do after this or what the next chapter might look like. I really want to get the finances in order. I have thought about moving eventually too. 

I am working in on some stuff with the radical honesty book so far. It is strange how much we hold back from others to not hurt their feels etc. There is still some stuff I can see I need to work on though. So far the results have been going doing this though. 

I did go visit my dad for the first time in many years. It went pretty well. It is nice to have him as a part of my life again. I notice that I don't really have hardly any relationships anymore with relatives or friends. I can't complain to much since I could work on that. One piece at a time though and honesty I do enjoy keeping to myself a bit more these days. 

Revisiting a good chunk of Leo videos and I can see a lot of stuff that I still should work on. I am going back on the fear videos right now and I am going to start working on taking better notes of these and really applying myself more to the information in them. The spiral dynamics stuff is really starting to click a lot more since I have researched it deeper too. Still want to spend more time taking notes though and actually sitting down and watching the video. 

$2,001 out of $6000 IRA contribution

$2,400 1,200 out of $3,000 savings 

22 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Day off

Relaxing

Clean room 

Really need to work on breaking down more of my product. Going to try to go sourcing twice more before the season is over. I am making some major progress. I am $600 shy of having $20,000 worth of items listed, which is great for me. I am still aiming for breaking $30,000 before christmas. This will likely be difficult to do as sales pick back up going into fourth quarter. I am crushing it though. No way for me to source tomorrow with the amount of stuff I have backed up in my car. Really need to dedicate a solid 5 hours or so to getting stuff from it pictured and organized. 

Did really good on a speech today in my toast masters. I have literally been not practicing and just going in for it. I did have about an hour to come up with it before hand and I did look at notes on this one. I did an inspiring speech and I did it about my journey with diet so far. I got some really good feedback and people were inspired without knowing that was my intention for my project. I still see value in continuing this pursuit. I really wish it was in person though as I feel like this would give me more skin in the game in terms of the actual stage freight feeling. 

I have been debating on going sky diving. I will probably not do it while the virus is a big deal though, but this is one of those things that has had me scared and I notice I even get sweaty and a bit nervous even reading about it. I am going to do a more comprehensive and updated fear list and start working through more of it. I have re-listened to the fear videos from leo a few times now too. That and the life advice part 1 and 2 seem to be really good for what I am working through right now. I do need to get back on track with the life purpose course, but it seems like I have lost the time being so busy with reselling. I will have some time once I stop adding in the sourcing soon. I will have a lot more energy to pursue it as well. By the time I hit the weekend I am usually tired now. 

Going to work on a reading a few of Warren Buffets book recommendations. I enjoy learning about the stock stuff and learning stuff about the market. I feel like this is a very worthwhile skill to build up and the fact that I enjoy it is a plus. There is so much to learn in any domain it seems never ending. 

Items listed: $19,000 out of $30,000

$2,001 out of $6000 IRA contribution

1,200 out of $3,000 savings 

22  23 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Resting 

Being more strategic 

Sales picking back up 

Seem to have some sort of pain in my joins today it seems like. I am kind of wondering if this is the result of detoxing something. Not sure. It seems like my hands are irritated too. I am going to explore this a bit further, I did not follow the exact protocol or anything from what I researched. Going to refer back to the notes and try some other things as I go. 

Found a rare piece of furniture worth $900 today for $20. I have been looking for this brand for a bit now and had it in mind. I am really starting to draw a lot of new distinctions with stuff especially now with all of the training I have done. My bit of time of facebook a day seems to pay off well with stuff like this. I have been using it to watch videos to laugh a bit every day too and it seems to be worth it for that. I will probably go on another few month break again from it though eventually as it seems to take up more time that I want occasionally. Not that I can really complain. I don't feel like I waste a lot of time on stuff like that. 

It seems so strange lately like if I help some other it seems as if I get an abundance of help out of nowhere. I am running into a lot of good things lately and it seems as if I am bringing them to me. I notice if I am positive I seem to get a lot better stuff too. I feel like this is in part from kriya yoga, but I am not sure. I am not aiming to get anything from helping anyone either. It seems that just the instance will arise to help others. I notice I am more compassionate to someone who would be homeless and I feel like giving people food or something when I see them. I definitely feel less concerned with a bit of money like I use to be.  I feel more how valuable it would be to build a life purpose around helping people more. The world is so complex and there is so many things I could go and do. So many things that I can learn and discover.  I have reached a point where I can make good money and position myself to search more of what is out there. I am enjoying this a lot right now too. 

Items listed: $20,000 out of $30,000

$2,129 out of $6000 IRA contribution

23 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Rare furniture find!

Feeling more positive 

Finding a good read 

I notice more of where my dad is still at and hasn't changed too much. Not that I am really all that surprised by that. I imagine he still has a bit of a mix of red to him, but still deep into orange and blue. I mean there is nothing wrong with him from how he was raised. I can see how his life style has not really created anything meaningful for him besides having a lot of money. I thought about sitting down with him and telling him all of the reason why I did not talk to him for those years. I know he knows why, but I can tell he would just deny it. It would be more for me to just move on from it. I enjoyed talking to him again, but to be fair I would not really care if I had a relationship with him or not. 

Hit a really nice buffer in sales that will pay off all of the upcoming expenses. It is so tempting to keep sourcing as much as I can. The quality of the stuff I am finding is just incredible and it seems steady with $50-$100 of consistent items. Although, I can see the amount of what is coming in is starting to die off for sure it has been great. This has been an awesome season for sourcing. Hopefully I can fit in a few more runs of a really good stuff. I have a good chunk of stuff to work through and great ready for 4th quarter still too. It will be nice to have set myself into a good position for this year. I can imagine that I will have an excellent amount of sales. I want to save up a good amount of money and crush through these goals that I have! 

I have a lot of different possibilities of stuff that I can pursue for a life purpose. I really should try to narrow it down for something higher on the spiral though. I know things like stocks and stuff are tempting to a degree because of how much money can be made. It is fun too, but I know that does not go quite deep enough. I think that I do want to teach people stuff, but I am not too sure. I know like lately I am excited to teach my toast master group about eating better and stuff and if I did benefit them that would cool. I see maybe something like that. It dawned on me today while I was thinking of what I would do if I lived near this goodwill bins that I travel an hour to get to. I would be capable of learning a good amount of every single category of stuff, which most people are not capable of doing at all. I am already kind of starting to do that to a certain level even now doing furniture stuff, a bit of art, etc. Actually finding big ticket items in these categories just by making newbie distinctions and some memory. To me that makes me think of how much I could achieve with learning about anything I want. I am very capable of storing a lot of knowledge on subjects. But to fill my mind about various items that I don't think are super meaningful is probably not a good long term approach. For right now I want to make a lot more money to explore these options and I am already well positioned knowledge wise so it makes sense. Plus this stuff is pretty fun. But it is something where I know that I am not pushing myself to my highest capabilities. 

Items listed: $20,000 out of $30,000

$2,263 out of $6000 IRA contribution

23 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Found a lamp likely worth $950 for $5!

Good sales

Meeting bills ahead of time 

MEANT TO POST THE OTHER DAY

Seem to have some sort of pain in my joins today it seems like. I am kind of wondering if this is the result of detoxing something. Not sure. It seems like my hands are irritated too. I am going to explore this a bit further, I did not follow the exact protocol or anything from what I researched. Going to refer back to the notes and try some other things as I go. 

Found a rare piece of furniture worth $900 today for $20. I have been looking for this brand for a bit now and had it in mind. I am really starting to draw a lot of new distinctions with stuff especially now with all of the training I have done. My bit of time of facebook a day seems to pay off well with stuff like this. I have been using it to watch videos to laugh a bit every day too and it seems to be worth it for that. I will probably go on another few month break again from it though eventually as it seems to take up more time that I want occasionally. Not that I can really complain. I don't feel like I waste a lot of time on stuff like that. 

It seems so strange lately like if I help some other it seems as if I get an abundance of help out of nowhere. I am running into a lot of good things lately and it seems as if I am bringing them to me. I notice if I am positive I seem to get a lot better stuff too. I feel like this is in part from kriya yoga, but I am not sure. I am not aiming to get anything from helping anyone either. It seems that just the instance will arise to help others. I notice I am more compassionate to someone who would be homeless and I feel like giving people food or something when I see them. I definitely feel less concerned with a bit of money like I use to be.  I feel more how valuable it would be to build a life purpose around helping people more. The world is so complex and there is so many things I could go and do. So many things that I can learn and discover.  I have reached a point where I can make good money and position myself to search more of what is out there. I am enjoying this a lot right now too. 

Items listed: $20,000 out of $30,000

23 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Rare furniture find!

Feeling more postive 

Finding a good read 

I can see how I am back to doing a bit more stage orange stuff and my focus is all on that mostly. I feel like I need to work through having a good amount of security, which will then allow me to explore and grow much easier. I am not going into a lot of the shadow of orange, or at least that is what I want to believe. It is strange how I can go from wanting to be done with reselling to enjoying it again. I guess I did not stop enjoying it. I took on a lot of what Leo said as it not being a good life purpose, which to be fair I agree it isn't. I just took it to a level where I wanted to get out of it now. With how everything is positioning me and my knowledge I already have with it I think this is the best route for right now. This pandemic has made this work much more valuable and I am very well positioned to benefit from it. Not only that I will be able to step away more from this business whenever I want. It can be on the side and bring in income. I can basically turn it on and off. So much exploring to do, but I know that this is what I need to tackle. I am going to be more mindful to make sure this does not drag me down and slow my growth. 

I am really maxing out my space of available inventory. It is seeming more and more feasible that I could even reach 50k of items listed. To me that is just unbelievable going from 10k just a couple months ago. Of course I want to meet my goal of 30k, but I am getting close to reaching it 3 months ahead of time! Sales will start to take it down faster though, so I suppose it will likely be harder than I think. I have made some very well positioned moves for this season. It has easily made up for any slack that I gave it earlier in the year working on yotuube and stuff. 

I am reading the book the great crash of 1929, which lead into the great depression. It is almost identical to the stuff going on in the world and the scenario, with obvious differences too. It makes me wonder how it will be best to position myself. I could see the stock market taking a big plunge once it meets reality a bit and the prospects are not looking as good. I still have some stocks and stuff and I am not getting out of the market, but I would like to make a good cash position to benefit from such a scenario if there is one. I feel like I am doing really good with the researching of stocks and companies. I know that I will get a lot more experience as I go though.

Items listed: $22,000! out of $30,000

23 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Make better use of my space

Building a better strategy 

Getting back on track with my intense workout 

Really spending the extra money and getting foods that I really enjoy that are really healthy. I am changing things up a lot from normal too. I found at least 4 new items to try today. I think this is really boosting my energy and keeping me on top of my game with energy levels. I feel quite good. I have really ate a bit at that savings I had, but I am buying a lot of inventory and investing into my business. I mean really all I need mostly right now is enough cash on hand for a tow if something happened to my car. I do have business funds on the side I can get into and liquid assets if there is an emergency though. I don't even need a car to run my business right now technically. I do plan to buffer it up here again soon once I get this quarters taxes and stuff sorted. I just need to see how much more I can pay myself at the moment. 

I did quite good sourcing today. I did not find anything spectacular I actually left most a $600 set of blow molds in a bin, which I should have taken. I did grab 3 and I found a $300 item for $30 plus a suv full of pretty good items, so I really have no complaints. I am really overloaded with inventory, but I am wanting to push the limits on my spaces as much as I can. This is going to really raise my income coming into 4th quarter. I am going to work towards getting my inventory on close to 10 different platforms this up coming month. I am going to work on having a really effective cutting edge system for managing this. 

I might climb a mountain again this weekend. Not sure if I will go for that, but I did talk to the friend who does that today. It is strange I had basically just accepted all of these friendships ending and not worrying about it. I will admit I feel I have far surpassed this friend in terms of this kind of work especially considering he has minimal interest in self improvement. It is a strange feeling to come to that. It feels good to not be as needy in relationships in general, but for me this is just flat out leaving all of them. I am not trying to make a limiting belief that I can't make more friends into this type of work or path, but I also don't really look. I had just stopped talking to my friend who I have been friends with for 6 years and I almost feel guilty just for not just being honest to them of why. I don't think they are a bad person and I actually have enjoyed our friendship a lot over the years. I guess I just really want to be around people who want to improve. I realize even with this relationship I feel is hollow a bit just from the fact of how different were are in terms of a growth. I have had this friend for over a decade on and off though. I don't try to rely on anyone as much of a need for them now at all. I had a lot of relationships in the past the had a benefit to them or factors that could benefit me. I try to be more aware of that now. I do see for this relationship I do enjoy having someone to go hiking with as I would not have access to this otherwise I would have to go solo, which I have considered. 

I feel like I will need to come to a good break from working here sooner or later and really invest in some time to self reflect. I feel like there is so much stuff I need to reflect on more. I feel like I am having some ego backlash after a year of doing psychedelics every two months and a lot of personal development for the last year. Not that I have not had some serious backlash going into this either lol. I feel a bit of an urge to play video games as I am pretty sure I actually did hit the one year mark without them. I am going to keep going until the new years that I wanted though. Even then I rarely even have time to consider playing them now if I did. It has honestly been such a relief to remove them from my life. I find it strange that I even had as much time for them as I did. It seems more fun now to grow and do stuff in real life. 

Items listed: $22,000 out of $30,000

1,200 $700 out of $3,000 savings 

24! out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Good finds! 

Making some major progress with my business 

Feeling motivated 

Surprised sales are still picking up well with all of the extra benefits and stuff ending. I think if we do enter into a larger recession it likely would not be as bad as the great depression just because of the fact we understand more how to control and manipulate the economy. Not to say we could not enter one at all though. It would just require a larger catalyst. I suppose depending on how long covid goes for and if reinfection is possible this could draw out into something like that. I will still take bets on solid companies impacted though. I'd be sure to get them more as they continued to drop off if this persists even longer. Funny thing with the covid is I had already pretty much been training to live like this. 

Going to start reading more book the pair with the life purpose course. I am going to keep mixing it up though. I am quite far off from the goal I had with books. I read so many 500 page books though and learned a lot. I know if I stopped reading big books I could probably hit it. I think it is wiser to chose what interests me though. The fact that I have even read this many books is great. Averages out to a few books a month. Several biographies and all sorts of good stuff. I have much more knowledge retained now. It does suck that you lose information though.

I take for granted how incredibly far I have come even since just starting this journal. Everything about my life has drastically improved. Everything I do anymore it seems like I do well at it. My life is so radically different, but I imagine this is just the start if I keep going with this work. I can still see a big path for change and development in my life. So many things to discover and work on.

Items listed: $23,000! out of $30,000

$700 out of $3,000 savings 

24 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

New breakfast option! 

Finding really good stuff

Good health 

I think that I am missing a good amount of balance with stuff. I have been really wrapped up in chasing success lately that I had even contemplated ending friendships. I actually just had a call for an hour and a half with the friend and it went well. I see that I do this type of stuff with food and such too. Cutting out the video games and such for a year has been great for me to try new things. The food stuff has been amazing for my health too. I just need to work on a balance for my happiness. I am going on a hike tomorrow, so that will be a nice way to blow off some steam and get out and actually do something different too.

My sales are blowing up today and yesterday. I am selling over 50% more this time of year than last year, which is great. I am thinking that I have a shot of selling $10,000 worth of inventory in December, which would be amazing. I based this on how my sales were going last year and with how things are moving this seems doable. I am going to keep at it, but still give me self some room to relax a bit too. I feel like I don't over work, but I do fill almost my entire day with a routine. 

I have almost made 25% on my investing since I started in march. I mean I could have bought some tech and probably done better, but that is really good. I did not buy anything I felt was overvalued either. Just businesses that were hurt by the pandemic that I see a bright future for. I am getting quite a bit better at this. I also put in nearly half of the investment this month, so that is really good considering I grew that much on the money I put in. We will see how this stuff fares though. I am not really worried about short term profits with it in a ira, but it is fun to watch it grow and learn. I still think a harder recession is likely coming. It really just depends on how much money is given out. I do need to lay out a more intense plan and I am thinking about reading another large book from Benjamin Graham on investing that is 700 pages lol. I am getting a lot better at spotting high quality deals since the beginning of march for sure. 

Starting to fork out more money for my health for sure. It is a big step for me, but I don't really fell stuck in a scarcity mindset with stuff like this as much. Although, I do value saving money and such I probably can strike a better balance here sometimes too. I spend almost $50 a month on goji berries right now lol. I do love them though. 

Items listed: $23,000 out of $30,000

$2,330 out of $6000 IRA contribution

24 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Talking with my friend 

Laughing 

Hike tomorrow 

Got 10 miles of hiking in today that was great. I am going to start hiking more again and this will be a good start to climbing larger mountains again. I am planning to do a more intense one this winter, but I am not going to do any of the rope climbing stuff.

I am thinking about still doing the sky diving, but I have to admit my stomach sinks a bit just thinking about it. I have been thinking about death with this a bit and honestly the though of dying does not seem to really matter. I think about what it would feel like to actually die and I imagine that this would all just disappear. I mean in a sense it is kind of a relief as if whatever is done here does not really matter. So by looking through that lens it seems a little less scary. 

I do need to work on taking more time out and hiking and stuff again. I have been way too cooped up with the virus and not talking to people. It is really easy to start cutting off everyone it seems like and just get sucked into work. This is something I need to fine tune a bit. That and taking more time for mediation on the weekend. I have had a difficult time carrying out my mediation days recently. 

Sales have absolutely on fire this weekend. Over $1,000 in sales! I am not going to reduced the listed value, but just updated it once it progress to the goal as it would be annoying to re-update that with each post. 

$2,330 out of $6000 IRA contribution

24 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Awesome hike

Great sales

Mind reset 

Was so busy with shipping today that I did not get the chance to do much else. I did sleep in a little, but even then I was not able to do much else today. I can see this is going to be persistent this holiday season. I am up 50%+ in sales from this time last year, but I am mostly just getting better items. I am working a good bit, but I think the system I have in place plus the good items is really what is making this go so well. Also, those sales do not consider the extra money coming in from my second platform, so I would guess up at least 60%. Going to work on getting the shopify set up and start expanding onto more platforms. I did find a niche for me on Amazon I can do a bit too that should bring in some good money. 

I think using this pandemic to capitalize on my reselling skills is well worthwhile right now. I still ponder what the next thing will be. Money seems less important, but only because of the security I have living here. I imagine that if I were to move out it would be much more of a grind. I suppose that is why I want to stack up so much money. I am good enough now though that I could probably make it fine with this business. Really need to work on this and I am going to get it down. Money is such an important thing for me to knock out in this phase of my life. I guess my main thing is the fear of being too far sucked into making money that I won't pursue something better. I guess just thinking that will help me avoid it, but it's on my mind a lot. I thought while packing stuff today that this isn't exactly what I want to do, but I do like a lot of aspects to it. I would much rather do this than a job. I am going to work on building an even better mindset around making money. I am going to keep improving this to get where I want to be. 

24 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Sales so good I spent the day packing 

Progress 

Improvement so far 

Getting quite a bit done with just a few hours of concentrated work. I want to try to find ways to squeeze in a bit more though. I am working on getting up on time daily, so I am going to keep track here of how many days in a row I get up on time. I think this is going to make a huge difference in the amount of stuff I get done. I do notice if I am not consistent with it, then it is hard for me to feel like doing much right when I get up. This wastes a few hours of time I could be doing anything really. I still want to have a good amount of time into prepping food, reading, meditating, and I have to ship stuff of course. 

I am glad that I am working on my relationships a bit more. I think this is better for me to do. I do want to surround myself with more and more optimistic and driven people as I move forward though. I don't think have a variety now is a bad thing. I need to realize that everyone is not just going to do hardcore personal development all of the time either lol. \

Skipped going to get items this week. I really need to get a handle on all of the crap that I have right now. I have so much stuff to picture, list, organize, etc. It is literally to the point where I am always steeping of stuff and breaking stuff. I have even hurt some muscles getting around some of this crap. I need to get this under control. A good thing too is that I should have about $500 to invest into poster gear soon and that will actually give me a lot more floor space and room to actually move around a bit. I am going to take it more serious this week and really get as much as I can done. I need to stop worrying about if I will be able to keep consistently getting good things or not. I have so much stuff right now that I could easily go a whole year without going and getting something if I wanted to. I do plan to town down the newer inventory soon though. This stuff is very ideal for christmas time and it gives my store a really diverse amount of stuff in it. I think this will help hold me over in a recession as well. 

Days of waking up on time in a row: 1

24 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Getting a lot done in 3 hours 

Getting up on time

Getting my intense workout in 

The ego development stuff is really interesting. This is going to be another really useful model to study. I am going to put in the work with the one again like the spiral dynamics. I think this is going to pair so well. It is so strange how complex reality gets the more and more that I study this stuff. There is so many ways a person could form a view on the world that is not obvious at all. I notice my interactions and perception of people is much different even with spiral dynamics. I have a much easier time understanding why people do the things that they do. The potential growth from this seems unreal too. I can't imagine how much I will change in 5-10 years. 

Getting a lot more mindful on emotions just after one day of having a timer to remind myself. I had seen amazon is coming out with a band that actually monitors your tone of voice and tracks your mood that way. I might consider something like that in the future even though I am not super big on tech stuff like that. That could potentially be a useful tool for me. 

I am really killing it in sales this week. I almost sold $2,000 worth of stuff in 7 days! I am starting to have a good amount more cash flow, but I still have a few big things I want to get for the business. I still want to get some more inventory to coming into winter. I am really excited to see how this 4th quarter goes. I am getting everything set up the best that I can right now to be best positioned. I am going to make it a top priority coming into next week to start migrating my items on to more platforms. I want to be active on at least 5+ at a time with all of my items. I know this is going to be huge for me not just being on ebay. Not to mention the available amount of inventory that I have available. 

I have done really well getting up on time a few days in a row. It is having a really good impact on my day. The main reason I struggle so much is because I meditate right when I get up and that has a good amount of resistance at that time and more so if I am tired. Not that I will not ever sleep in again I just want to really build out this habit. I have not focused on building a strong habit in awhile and I want to really nail this one down. This is very powerful for me to make use of every hour of the day. 

Days of waking up on time in a row: 2

25! out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Finishing another book

Having more time

Not feeling as rushed 

Didn't work as hard today on the business, but I did get some cleaning in. I am really going to work on the organization and cleaning as much as I can for a bit. I sold over $600 worth of stuff today, which is quite good for a single day. I am having a hard time replenishing stuff available to get ahead of my 23k, but I will get there soon enough. I am debating on getting a virtual assistant and trying to crank out as many listings as I can. Definitely have a lot of stuff that will bring my base costs higher, but I do want to get some good stuff going for my business. I did manage to drop my business reoccurring expenses $40 a month for now too. 

Going to work on making my room less available to mold. I do not really see much now, but I am going to work on preventing it in more ways. I plan on reading a book and studying it a bit more. It seems like a likely cause to many issues. I don't really have an issues I know of, but I can see that I have some stuff in my room that could allow the growth. I am going to work on setting up the new air filter too. 

Really like this new book so far it pairs with the emotion tracking I am doing right now. I notice that when my alarms go off to record my emotions every 3 hours I notice that I usually do not have really a strong emotion to record. It seems like for the most part the emotions are quite positive though. 

Spent quite a bit of time today reading stock stuff and some of the new book. Was a good fairly laid back day. Starting to get a lot closer to my 6k goal for investing too, which is just awesome. I am starting to have more money to contribute. I am working on building a decent income for dividends, so I can pick stocks regularly to buy with it. Learning a good amount about reits as these seem super advantaged to be in a roth ira. 

Days of waking up on time in a row: 3

$2,530 out of $6000 IRA contribution

25 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Getting to spend time doing stuff I enjoy

Relaxing a bit 

Awesome sales 

Had a good streak of waking up on time, but things went upside down for a minute it seemed like over a pretty minor incident. Shows how vulnerable I would still be to unfavorable circumstances. Something I still need to work on is keeping my cool more in higher stress situations. I can't say I am bad though. I usually can make fairly good decisions under stress. I can see how a bad streak of luck could really tear me down. I recall when my house had flooded it really took me down a lot for months. Not that I have developed much more it would not nearly be as bad. I guess I would like to get to the point where things could be "terrible" and I am able to be content. 

My mindfulness work has been going well. I am notice that I am more aware of my emotions throughout the day. It is really helping my curb more of my OCD type tendencies. I feel like if this is something I can really break out of I will be very powerful. This is something that has held me down for so long. I have definitely broke out of 70% of this, but I mean the full thing. This has been life changing. I take it for granted sometimes, but I have fixed so many issues that I have struggled with for many years. I am really making some serious progress. 

I notice I am actually becoming a pretty good speaker. I notice that I am not able to express emotion all that well and it is something that I am working on in general. I feel like working on the sedona method is going to help me be able to do this more. 

It is unreal for me to look at my performance selling right now. I have sold over $5,000 worth of stuff in the last 30 days! That is touching my record month for all time and this is usually a slow month because of school starting. Even the market is down 3% on ebay from last month. I am up a lot now that I have some traction. I have a good amount of capital to spread around now. I am going to invest a good portion of this into the business to get everything that I want for this 4th quarter. I think this will allow me to be in very good financial standing soon. I can imagine that this trend will only go up as I continue into 4th quarter. I am still finding really good inventory and I am going to focus in this week still on trying to get everything active on multiple more platforms. I am investing $200 for a year subscription for item pricing research to, which was a big steep. I am going to put at least $500 into poster mailing tubes too, which is going to be a real game changer. 

Days of waking up on time in a row:  0

Items listed: $23,000   $24,000! out of $30,000 Replenished all of my inventory and exceeded the total! 

$700 $1,000 out of $3,000 savings 

25 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Easy Monday

Making good progress to my goals 

Awesome weekend 

Outside where I live is completely smokey. The air quality is now at unhealthy levels. I am extremely lucky that I can run my business from the house totally. It is unbelievable how much this helps me and allows me to have better choices and outcomes for stuff. The flexibility is worth any extra work. I am running a few air purifiers, but I think it will be alright in the house. 

Doing a lot of work with the sedona method. I am almost able to just forget the thing that was bothering me with this technique. Small things though. Not really sure if that is just my memory though either. I notice a little bit that I do tend to forget stuff that is small. I would wonder if that is an issue or not. I think in this case though it is a good amount of actually just clearing my mind. Of course the thought to bring this thing back to my mind arises too. It is a work in progress, but I can see that this will be super powerful if I perfect this. 

I kind of slacked off the last couple days on the business it feels like. The smoke thing is going to put a bit of a damper on it, but I am going to pool together a few projects. I am going to knock out some of the stuff that I have been putting off for awhile like cleaning the garage space and stuff. Going to stick to projects I can do mostly in the house or garage to keep the smoke away. 

Days of waking up on time in a row: 3  0

Items listed: $24,000 out of $30,000 Replenished all of my inventory and exceeded the total! 

$700 $1,000 out of $3,000 savings 

25 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Working from home 

Sedona method 

Still holding up good sales

Getting more of a grip with things going on around me. I am handling situations with a much more level headed approach. I am taking more caution and not letting the situation get the best of me. I am so lucky that I don't have to go out and do anything for awhile. I can sustain my business without going outside. I am going to be resting more on this up coming weekend though. I feel quite a bit of fatigue right now and I have noticed it creeping up on me the last few days. I have been working my ass of the last few months, so it is time for a bit of a down cycle. 

I have been thinking quite a bit on what I want to do with the reselling business. Right now I am going to keep expanding it and getting all of the cutting edge techniques to implement. I want to try to grow my listed inventory to 75K and higher I think. I know this is totally doable within the next year if not more if I keep doing really well. I am just not sure what comes after it. It does not bother me really to think what if I only do this for another year. I am having fun right now and I am extremely thankful for this opportunity to do this. I can see myself meeting a lot of my financial goals in the next year with this too. I just wonder what I want to do with this gift I have here. This is really serving me well right now and I am good at it. It's going to really get me to the next step of doing whatever I want. I probably need more time for introspection and I would like to trip again and maybe work through this stuff a bit more. 

Making some really good progress with letting stuff go and really identifying all of the different feelings I have. It seems like it would be really simple like happy and sad, but emotions are much more complex than that. I can see how this method will really build up from little things and I can be able to work my way up to letting go of big stuff. I was working on a bit today with the stuff going on. I noticed that I was not really as scared if I lost all of my stuff again (I would be on much better footing this time around). Even if I lost all of my inventory I feel like I am plenty capable of getting this business back on it's feet with a bit of capital. 

Really dropping the ball on getting up early, but the fatigue is not helping the last few days. I am going to try to tough it out in the morning. 

Days of waking up on time in a row: 3  0

Items listed: $25,000 out of $30,000 

$1,000 out of $3,000 savings 

25 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Having a home

Finding a high end air purifier at a garage sale a few weeks ago

Having enough stuff to get by 

Feeling much more energetic today. I feel like I wasted a good chunk of this week, but I am making a little progress here and there. I suppose it feels weird to not just be working as much like I was. I put together all of the stuff today to get everything cross listed to depop and it seems to be working well. I moved 20 items onto etsy and I will have to see how things sell there. I am going to work next week on getting all of my items onto facebook marketplace for shipping and depop. I will have all of my items active across five platforms then and I might able to get them cross listed to one more making it 6. I tried the shopify thing this week and I am not really sure there is enough benefit to run my store on it right now. I was happy to get business insurance this week and I did actually get all of the tax stuff done ahead of time. I am hoping the air quality clears up so  I can start doing a bit more stuff like I was, but if not I have some stuff coming, so I can start picturing items that are inside. 

I am going to get my sleeping schedule back on track. It sucks getting thrown off it, when I really had the ball rolling for a bit. A big part played into the fact of so much stress and worry it seems like in the last week. Although, I did not go overboard with those emotions I can see that it has a domino effect on my days. I can imagine in the future if I keep practicing letting go it will get easier to overcome them. I mean in theory I could become invincible like Leo had mentioned. 

I did over $5,500 in sales in the last 30 days, which is amazing. I have done such a good job getting this business into shape within just a few months. I am excited to see where this will take me within the next year. I would like to make more money, so I can start making a good cash savings in this time, so I can start looking for new opportunities. I should be a bit more strategic with my money and cut out a little bit more of the pleasure foods stuff and strike a better balance there. I am pretty good at not really spending my money on much extra stuff though aside from some of that. I actually have saved a ton of money on food this week because I have not wanted to go outside with the smoke lol. I do need to have a good variety though to keep myself healthy. 

Days of waking up on time in a row: 0

Items listed: $25,000 out of $30,000 

$1,000 out of $3,000 savings 

25 out 44 books 

Marathon 

Today I am thankful for:

Getting a good deal on a stock 

Cross listing 

Good sales without listing