Average Investor

Creating an extraordinary life

331 posts in this topic

@Average Investor Your Youtube channel is awesome man, well done! Thumbnails are looking clean and in order, and the videos are top-notch. Just subscribed. Good luck on your journey. :)

@fridjonk Thanks so much. I am really spending a lot of time trying to learn new skills for it. I spent a couple hours working on a thumbnail in photoshop last night and had a big improvement. Luckily I have a buddy who is helping me learn it too. I just pulled out the old green screen and all sorts of stuff. :)

I feel like I am starting to get on top of things that I need to do more. I am going to try to not push myself so much to constantly be doing stuff either. I need to learn to relax a bit more. But I do like a lot of the work I do, so it is hard not to relax. I did skip the toast masters this morning and slept in. I don't really want to do that again, but I think some rest and reset was good for this morning. I am going to a different one Thursday too, so not the end of the world, but I do want the practice. I am going to become a member at both soon too, so I will start to practice even more and more difficult things. 

Not going to be able to do a whole lot of work today. I am going to be helping my little sister out for her birthday with stuff. Not ideally what I really want to be doing. But I know that she will enjoy her day at the least. I am sure I will figure out how to get some work in at least today lol. I want to get some reading done as well. I think it would be fun to do some work in Photoshop again too. I had a lot of fun learning some new stuff in it least night and I can't wait to see how I will improve more on the next imagine. It is actually enjoyable to sit there and edit stuff like that and it is crazy how much better I can make an image look. 

I just started doing concentration and I do think this will be really good for my meditation. It is going to take awhile to get good at it, but I am glad I had the audio for that on the podcast app and it came up yesterday. I think that will really help me get even more out of my meditation. I have not been having the best meditation, but I am okay with that. I think I will get better and better at it. I am still doing it early in the day and that causes a lot of itching and stuff. I do try for the whole hour though too. 

By 12/24/2020 I will have $20,000 in savings. I will acquire this money by selling assets and through my reselling business. 

Today I am thankful for

Reset day

Photoshop

Good friends

My top 9 values are

Personal Development

Knowledge

Honesty

Creativity

Connection

Contribution

Adventure

Fun

Productivity

Took the day off yesterday and did some bowling, go karts, and all sorts of stuff with my little sister. It was actually a really good time. I would never really make time to do stuff like that anymore. It is strange to watch in a setting like that how much stimulation people are getting. Light flickering everywhere and all sorts of sugar, alcohol, and bad foods. But I do see most of the being happy. Especially kids in that type of environment. I would wonder what it would be like to remove most of that stuff from children up bringing though. Interesting to see things from a different perspective that I would have use to. 

Got some really good meditation in today. I am getting really good at doing the posture mediation. I did 20 minutes with a small reset, then 42 minutes straight. I am quite pleased with that as that has been hard to do. Especially without taking a shower first because I will get itchy from oils or whatever leftover on my skin. I did do the concentration beforehand today again too, so maybe that was a help with it. I do kind of notice I get into a meditative sate a bit faster even with just the two minutes of concentration. Granted the concentration is not that strong yet. 

I have actually been making repeat customers locally for my reselling business, so that is pretty awesome. I probably need to set up some social media and stuff for it as I have not really done that. I am not sure what route I really want to go. I mean I have been doing the life purpose work, but I still kind of have been debating on finishing what I started with this too. I could have this reach a level where it is working without me. But I am not sure how deep I want to go into it really. I am sure it would make me financially secure though. I will keep thinking about it. I have thought about doing other businesses as well because I do really enjoy just having a business. I think with making youtube videos and stuff I really enjoy it. If that makes me income, or not though I guess it does not matter. I could hold my own with businesses I feel like either way. 

By 12/24/2020 I will have $20,000 in savings. I will acquire this money by selling assets and through my reselling business. 

Today I am thankful for

Mediation

Concentration

Feeling refreshed from a day off

My top 9 values are

Personal Development

Knowledge

Honesty

Adventure

Fun

Connection

Contribution

Creativity

Productivity

I just joined one of my toast master groups. In two weeks I will do my first 5-7 minute speech. It will just be about me, so not really going to be a big challenge in that regard. But I am excited to push my limits a bit more from the usually 1-2 minute speech that I have been doing for about the past month or so. I am excited to keep progressing in this skill. I want to find some other ways to improve it though besides the groups, but so far this is definitely helping me. 

I have been a little off on my routine a bit and I did wake up a late a couple times. I am working on not being hard on myself for any of that. I am trying to add more time to just relax in, because really it seems like I am always doing some besides, when I am meditating really. I want to be able to give myself good times to reset and come back in full force. I suppose a little part of me is worried about slipping into older habits, or something. I feel like I am really moving about that stuff pretty far though as I have been into this work for a few years now and have been making good progress and keeping it. 

I am really putting in a lot of time into photoshop right now. Just this week I invested almost 5 hours of learning into it. I am really liking it. It feels cool to be able to think of how I want something to look and be able to make that. It is an interesting form of expression. I thought about trying to just do some painting or something just for fun. I always spot some cheap painting or drawing sets for really cheap, so I think I should just pick one of them up and do that a bit. Not really wanting to pursue it. But just more of something to do to work on my creativity a bit with stuff. 

Today I am thankful for

Finding much needed specific inventory

Toast masters

Taking it easy

My top 9 values are 

Personal Development

Knowledge

Honesty

Creativity

Connection 

Contribution

Productivity

Fun

Adventure

Meet my mom's friend today and got the opportunity to sell her car. I think I should be able to make $1,000 profit off of it. I basically just am going to list it and do all of the negotiation to sell it. Granted I am not really big on selling cars anymore this seemed to be a good opportunity that just came up. I am not a big fan of it because no one really likes a car salesman. No matter how many details you point out, or anything it seems they are unhappy about something. But that is not to say that every buyer is like that either. There is only so much control you can have over when a car is going to need something. I have to admit it is probably one of the easiest ways to make hundreds or thousands of dollars reselling. I would not do it with the intention of hurting someone or not being honest. It just bothers me that people ignore obvious things that you say about a product and just assume that you coned them. I have sold a person a car where the ad stated the issue and I told it to them multiple times in person before they purchased. Then the care broke down from the issue and they were mad at me. Granted this car I am selling is way nicer and has 60k miles with no issues. It still bothers me that people are always looking to blame someone else. I sell broken stuff all the time because there is still value in it, but I let the buyer know obviously what the issue is from items to whatever. 

Starting to pick back up on my physical training a bit. I think I want to start doing more core workouts again and more intensity work outs. Then just do the jogging every other day. I think this is going to help me fully recover from this injury a lot better and will keep me on less impact. I do enjoy getting outside more, but this way is a lot more beneficial from a workout and impact stance. Plus I would like to keep working on some other muscles that I had been attending to there for awhile. It seems they did not lose their strength even though I did not do those workouts for maybe a month or two. 

Probably just going to spend more of this weekend doing more life purpose course related stuff. It is a lot of work to get through. I don't want to half ass it. I want to put everything into it and get the best results that I can. I already feel amazing on how much I have found that I want to do and really starting to see a much happier future for myself. I really enjoy working on my skills and just doing the things that I think are meaningful to the world. I don't like that reselling is not as impactful. I notice a lot of people in that become envious or spiteful for no reason once they see you doing well. I am sure it will be the same with anything I do. I suppose I just can't see things as much through that kind of lens anymore. Life is too short to put other people down.

Today I am thankful for

Opportunities

Creative visions

Little successes 

My top 9 values are

Personal Development

Knowledge

Honesty

Fun

Adventure

Connection

Contribution

Creativity 

Productivity 

Edited by Average Investor

Did some good cleaning today for part of my day off. I felt pretty scattered around today. I am going to focus in on reading most likely tomorrow and invest my time into that. I really like this biography. One of the more enjoyable reads I have had in awhile. I am going to buy a good amount of these. I have been hoping to find more just looking around at goodwill, but I have not found too many. I picked up a story of the pope who was there during Hitler's reign, so that might be an interesting one. 

I want to keep making some extra money to fund as much personal development as possible. Not really putting as much emphasis on saving up for my money goal. I am putting everything into the best quality food, knowledge, etc. That and funding my businesses as best that I can. I want to be able to put out the best work possible and be as efficient as possible. I don't want to worry about how much I save or not to do that. Granted I want to increase my income to account for all of the things I want including the savings.

I am going to prep to trip again soon. I really enjoyed what I was able to do last time. I really want to invest the time to make sure I get the most out of this as possible. I think these tools are incredible. I am shocked at how much society puts these off as something negative. I think this is going to be pretty big for my growth to keep expanding into this. I do want to do some more practice in contemplation before next time though.

Today I am thankful for

Getting to chat with old friends

Good cleaning session to motivate me to work on Monday

Good opportunities

My top 9 values are

Personal Development

Knowledge

Productivity

Adventure

Fun

Creativity

Contribution 

Connection

Honesty

Sales are starting to pick up! I think this summer will be good. I think I should be able to find the best items during the summer. Granted I am probably taking a month off the garage sale season is pretty long. I want to get everything in order and moving as much as possible. I need to clear out old inventory as much as I can. I have a ton of stuff to still go thorough. But it is getting there. I have cleaned out part of the garage to get stuff rotated and blow out inventory that needs to move. 

It seems like I have just been getting really lucky lately. But I am always looking for opportunities. I was at Fred Meyer yesterday at night and I noticed someone dumped some wicker chairs there in the parking lot. I went and did my business, but they did look decent when I drove past. When I was done I checked them out and found out they were handmade peir one exclusive chairs. They are worth about $200-$350 each. I did not know the value for sure when I picked them up because I am out of data. But I knew that wicker chairs do good and that little badge under the seat that said they were handmade sold me on them pretty fast. They looked to be in really good shape. I am going to take a better look in the light today. I am going to see if I can get $400 for both locally or $750 for both on ebay and ship them. This is a really good time to sell them with spring starting up too. It really pays off the passive research I do on items. I have never even flipped furniture before. I do know of some pieces that go for thousands on ebay that I have been wanting to try to find. Most of the big heavy things people just toss out or sell really cheap. 

Going to prep myself for a trip next weekend I think. I am excited to see how it goes. I want to really prepare this time and set up a lot of questions and things to work through for myself. I am trying tabs this time though, so it would be a new experience altogether from what I have had before. I look forward to it. I might not do it if my testing kit does not come in time though. I want to make sure it is what I was told.

Today I am thankful for

Good sales! 

Feeling good enough

Great mediation sessions 

My top 9 values are

Personal Development

Knowledge

Honesty

Productivity

Adventure

Fun

Connection

Contribution

Creativity 

Decided to just give the chairs to my mom for her birthday. I think that will be a good way to put them to use. I think they look really awesome. I am going to have to find a cushion for them, but that should not be too big of a deal. I can probably come up with some. I think that will be a good use of them. I did want to get the money out of them, but I suppose not that big of a deal since I found them. 

I am going to work on recovering a bit more this week. Not sure why it seems like I keep getting sick. I have been taking care of myself well, but I suppose it is that time of the year. I am not getting a flu shot anymore currently either, so maybe that is the reason. Although, from what I gathered so for in information that seems like the better choice. I see it contain mercury and some other stuff that does not seem that good. I will look into it a bit and really decide what is worth it. I don't want to get it without doing enough research. I think it would be wise to avoid it. Granted I still feel in pretty good overall shape fighting off any sickness. I feel energetic for the most part. I feel as if I have a light flu or something. I still went and did toast masters. But I took it easy for the most part.

The leader of my toast masters is awesome. He is about 70 and seems really relateable. He has read a lot of the books that I read and all sorts of common interests it seems like. We talked for a couple hours today and it was really enjoyable. I think that I am definitely going to ask him to mentor me with my speaking. His speech skills are next level. Not only that I think we possibly could form a good friendship. He seems dedicated to a purpose and all sorts of stuff. I think this will make this club a lot more enjoyable. 

I think I might be moving out this state sooner than later. I am not sure when I would or when. But I want to try to explore the US a bit more and decide where I really want to go. I have nothing really holding me down to stay living where I am at. I enjoy the friend I have here. But to be fair I see him like once a month if that usually. I would still keep in contact if I left. But I think there could really be some opportunities out there in the future for me. 

Today I am thankful for 

Going to toast masters

Allowing myself to sort of rest

All of the abundance that I have

My top 9 values are 

Personal Development

Knowledge

Honesty

Creativity

Productivity

Connection

Contribution

Fun

Adventure 

@Average Investor Have you given any thought to ordering bulk of something you're interested in selling from Alibaba. And end up creating a brand around it. You seem to have good sales skills for it o.O:) 

@fridjonk I have purchased stuff and resold from Alibaba. Never made my own brand around the stuff. Not really too big in that kind of merchandise. I know there can be good money in it though if you are able to keep up with trends and such. I found more enjoyment in learning about unique items and going to search for them. 

Let myself sleep a couple extra hours to heal up a bit more. I actually feel a bit better today. Not quite as fatigued from being sick. I imagine if I give it another day or two I will pass it completely. I managed to almost finish up some tax work I had been working on for awhile. I am happy to have that just about done finally. That has been a big headache. But I know a lot more for next time, so I suppose I always learn something new while I am going doing this. I kind of want to just hire someone for next time I think lol. It just depends though. If I have two businesses operating at once it might be too much for me. 

Going to do some video editing work tonight. Then I feel like I have got a few big tasks off my list this week. That is something I have been trying to get to for a few days and just never really got around to it. Being sick and just not having the energy makes it a bit hard. I hope I can maintain better health coming soon. I do kind of suspect some of the issues is from doing too much work and causing myself to get sick in some way. I get some exposure to more people as well now too. 

I had a really good idea today. I think I want to start working on this project a bit. I am not sure 100% what route I want to go. I do find some importance in helping people with business stuff. I think that is something I can put more efforts into and get really good at doing it. I like knowing that I have really made an impact with a few peoples businesses so far. I think that is probably one of the more meaningful things that I could do right now. I think having a business is one of the best experience this life has to offer if you love what you do. That and if you can get away from something that is sucking your energy out of you that you do not like. 

Today I am thankful for

More energy

Rest

Finally getting this tax crap done

My top 9 values

Personal Development

Knowledge

Honesty

Fun

Adventure

Productivity

Connection

Contribution

Creativity

Starting to build up energy and momentum again. It sucks having so many tasks that just suck up time it seems like. I think that is one of my larger issues with not getting as much done sometimes. Granted I do get quite a bit done in a single day. It just seems like I waste a good chunk of it on useless stuff. I am going to try to see what I can do to cut out more that stuff. I imagine if I have to I can just pay for stuff like taxes and things like that. I will see how it goes, but honestly that seems like the best route. 

I want to focus on the quality of my work. Not only that, but really lay out what I want for it in the future. I want to build goals that I am going to reach. I want to set things up to be the best that I can do. I don't want my work to be half ass. I want to learn to produce the highest quality that I can. I know it will take me some time to improve, but I want to improve at least a little each time I do something. I think that is the right mindset for me to stick to for getting the best results. 

I am starting to get really good at the toast masters from going so much. I mean sure I have a lot of improvement to go, but I hardly have much of a hang up at all speaking lately it seems like. I am excited to see how it goes in the future. I am a member of both of my local clubs now, so I will be doing longer speeches now as well as the shorter impromptu ones. I am excited to see how I progress. I can't even imagine how it would be if I kept this up for a year. I would be quite the speaker I imagine. 

Today I am thankful for 

Feeling better

Making progress to LP

Finding a good mouse for my laptop

My top 9 values are 

Knowledge

Personal Development

Honesty

Productivity

Creativity

Fun

Adventure

Contribution

Connection

Almost done with all of the tax stuff, so that will be a big relief. I am going to be able to put all of my energy into more important tasks. I think I know how to do it well enough, that next time it will be really fast. It just annoys me how much little things are there and just different terminology. I am happy I did put the time into learn it though, so it will not be too big of a deal. Now it will just be plugging in some numbers and I will not have as much headache. 

Really happy with how much I have been able to accomplish in the last month or so. I am surprised I have got this far. I am really getting so much growth doing this work it blows me away. I can't believe how lucky I am to live this life that I have been given. I want to make the most out of it no matter what hand I get dealt. I want to make a lasting change to this world. I think that I can have an impact and help many people. I just need to make sure that I stick to my goals and not let the negative thoughts get to me.

I am going to be tripping on LSD later. I am excited to see how this experience goes. This is going to be my first time giving it a go. I did not fill my mind with too much of other experiences. I am going to ask myself questions that I think will be interesting to answer. I have some good music picked out that I am going to give a shot while tripping this time. I think is going to be a great experience. I did test my tabs and make sure that everything was legitimate too. I think I am ready to see where this will take me. 

Today I am thankful for

Getting the tax stuff mostly done

Making progress

Feeling better!

My top 9 values are

Personal Development

Knowledge

Honesty

Creativity

Connection

Contribution

Productivity

Fun

Adventure 

I feel so recharged and motivated after my trip! I read 100 page today of Steve Job biography and it was great! Normally if I read that much I would feel strained, or tired. I felt great and could actually read some more if I decided to. I am going to take it easy on it though as I don't want to burn myself out on it. Instead I am going to do some NLP, then I am going to head to bed. 

I got some really good work done with photoshop today. I am working on a whole new graphics layout and going to start a facebook page and a group for my reselling business. This is going to help me drive a lot more traffic as I will be able to retain customers that are local and get them to look at my online listings. Not only that, but they will have more chances of being repeat buyers. I am going to design my own business cards as well. I am going to set all of it up and make it nice. I am going to follow through with more of my plans with it. Set up more platforms for cross listings. Then I am going to still aim to hire. Once I set up all of the systems and make it more efficient it will really help. As I keep growing it I should be able to work a bit less on it and focus more on my LP work I am doing. But it still does excite me and I think it is worthwhile for me to advance further in what I started for the experience, money, and enjoyment. 

I am really really recharged it feels like. I am really excited to start working more on my LP stuff. I feel like I am starting to carve out more of a direct that I want to go now. I am finding it really interesting to work on. This trip really gave me some more clarity on it and I was hoping that it would. I am really enjoying the process of building up my skills. I really like the process of it. I want to get in the habit of going the extra mile and make my work top notch. There is really unlimited ways that I could get better and improve. It has only been less than two months and my growth has exploded in that domain. I know that either way I look at it I am not going to regret doing it. There experience and enjoyment are well worth it to me. It will be really interesting to see where this leads me. 

Today I am thankful for

Feeling much better! 

Reading

New ideas! 

My top 9 values

Personal Development 

Knowledge 

Adventure

Fun

Creativity

Connection

Contribution

Productivity

Honesty

I really need to stop sleeping in as much. A bit harder coming off of being sick, but I do not want to waste the say. I will be up early for toast masters tomorrow though, so it should be easy to help reset it. I am pretty excited to be a member in both clubs now. It is going to add a lot more challenge for me. Doing my first 5-7 minute speech this week in the other group, so that will be a great start into that. 

I really want to work hard on this reselling business and get it as proficient as possible. I want to maximize the earnings as much as I can. That and I really need to get old inventory moving. I have had so much stuff and a lot of it is even costing me money from storage. So I really need to get on top of everything and get to selling. I am actually still selling pretty well even with the scares of the virus going around. So that makes me think I could do well even if there is more economic uncertainty. I think will help me to diversify around more on the platforms I sell on. But really max out my returning clients through facebook and ebay. I don't care as much for amazon or the others, but I am sure Amazon could bring me some great money as the platform is lager. I just think with what I sell it will not be as efficient. 

I still feel quite motivated after the trip. I really need to buckle down and put my feet to the fire a bit though. I have a lot of plans of stuff I want to do and I want to go through with them. I want to work as hard as I can and produce the best work I am capable of. I am so thankful to be in this work. I am not sure what I would be doing right now, but I cannot imagine I would be living even as close to a good life as this. 

By 12/24/2020 I am going to have $20,000 in my savings account. I will acquire this money by selling assets and through my reselling business.

Today I am thankful for

Finding good books and keyboard

Stocking up on bulk groceries

Feeling better

My top 9 values are 

Personal Development

Knowledge

Honesty

Creativity

Connection

Contribution

Fun

Adventure

Productivity

I might be going to a Zig Siglar event with my new friend from my toast masters. That sounds like it could be really cool. I have never really paid to go to a self-help seminar type of deal. I would be interested to see what it is all about. I think that could be really fun for me to. I have a lot of projects going on with both groups it seems like. It is really going to keep my busy. I am adding that in on top of the business work and my days seem pretty filled up. I am not to worried about it though as I seem to be really enjoying a lot of time with what I do.

I still need to work on maxing out my positive thinking. It is strange how I can be so excited for ideas, then feel like I am not sure if I want to continue with what I am doing. It is not really a sense of doubt in myself, but more of like what I really want to fully enjoy doing. I am not sure how much more I can enjoy the things I do, than I already really do. I feel like that is mostly just a feeling of doubt though. I like the stuff that I learn and do. I am going to do the stuff regardless, so why not build something and help others a long the way. I think I finally figured out Napoleon Hill's master key to success. All it is is to just help others that are worse off, than yourself. Which honestly makes so much sense. The most successful people I see are usually doing that. People that you actually would aspire to be like are usually that way. Who knows maybe if I help enough people I will find what I am looking for that way. 

I do need to set more clear and accurate goals of what I intend to achieve. I suppose that is really my main issue with going through on my stuff. I know I could grind out anything really and be successful in it. But that is not really the point. I suppose I enjoy helping people a lot with business stuff. I find that really enjoyable. I think it is really cool to help someone else out and give them a hand in their adventure. I am not sure what I want to do to add all of this together. I want to make something original and make an impact on people. I know once I pass all of the survival needs that I will just want to enjoy all of the stuff I am doing. I am not really sure what I want to do. I have a lot of time to think about it I suppose. I want to commit to all of this for at least a year and see where it goes. Really put in my best efforts and just enjoy the ride.

Today I am thankful for

Getting a lot of organizing done

Setting up to get more stuff done

Learning new skills! 

I notice it does change the thinking I have from doing LSD a bit. I have been thinking a bit more about more big picture questions. I am not sure if that is a good think or a bad thing. I definitely want to take it at pace and see how things go. I have the feeling this can go much much deeper, than just the bit that I have picked up so far. I will see how it goes and how I change a bit with just this one for now. 

Focusing mostly on reselling right now. But I am still going to keep doing my other stuff. I am going to try to make sure to keep my positive thoughts at a max while I can. I guess most of it is trying to find out what I want to make the most. Deciding what would be worth mastering the most. But I suppose I like the idea of just sharing the things that I learn and that makes a big mix of stuff. I have a lot of speeches to come up with soon too and a lot of projects. 

Feeling fairly good today and motivated to move some inventory. I need to clear out some space and I feel like that will make me feel more relived just with stuff I have to do. I don't feel really overwhelmed, but I just know how much is in there and I need to get stuff moving. I want to get stuff cleared up to start getting more garage sale inventory and stuff. But this is going to take quite a bit of time to really move all of this. Ideally I could at least get rid of the storage unit sooner. 

Today I am thankful for

SUN

$45 music cd found

Sold a big thing of hand creme/cleaner I assume because of the virus thing and them taking regular hand clear off ebay. 

I have definitely let these entries slip by for a few  days, but I have been busy. I got some really awesome footage done this week and I am really learning adobe premier now. Really trying to step up my game and get really good at it. I am trying to step up my game with the photoshop too. I had my first 4-6 minute speech and did really good with 6 minutes this week. I have another one coming up next week, so that stuff has been keeping my really busy. But I got some really good results from practicing so much. People in my group thought I was a natural, but I am not sure they know that I am in two toast masters groups for almost 2 months and shot 17 youtube videos in that time to practice lol. I would not say that is quite natural, but I am have been working my ass off to get good at it. 

I am hopefully sealing the deal to sell that car tomorrow. That will earn me $600 off of it, which I am really happy about. I had a bit of slump with online sales and worried a little. But I think everything is going to be fine. I am seeming to find ways to stay afloat fine. At this rate I might actually make more than last month possibly, but online sales have dried up a lot. I really do need to list in some new inventory though. I am going to be on the lookout for really good deals while I am at this too. I think with the "panic" some deals should be pooping up more. If not I will just invest in the market or crypto I think. Probably crypto though, because I understand that the most. 

I am starting to build up a lot more energy again. It seemed like I had been sick for like weeks. I seem to have passed the fatigue part though. Kind of annoyed that I lost access to some organic items I was eating. I was eating almost entirely organic. But since everyone raided the stores I have not had that luxury fully. I had to admit that is huge part of where my money goes. But it seems like I just feel fucking awesome, when I am only eating good organic foods. 

Today I am thankful for

Car deal

Detailing my car finally! It looks spectacular 

Having a nice weekend of rest and reset.