Average Investor

Creating an extraordinary life

331 posts in this topic

@Amandine I definitely work on seeing things big picture even with someone getting something like that. Really all I had to do was pick up the item and it was mine. I just let them have it without checking it. There is a similar thing I go to that is pay by the pound and they unload the stuff in carts. I had competed with a person to get these wii consoles in there. They can turn a good profit at the pay by the pound because it is 69 cents a pound for electronics. The wii is probably about 2-3 pounds. There was two and we both grabbed the one and I got one. I just handed it to them later because it was not something I needed that bad. Even with it being profitable. I think that rewards come later on from not being selfish with stuff. I had found a lot of good stuff after giving that person that thing. And who knows that one wii could make them one step closer to being able to quit their job or something, That item in particular is not worth a fortune, but an easy flip. 

I had a really big haul of vintage posters that I still need to list. Genuine 27x41 movie posters. I was able to get them out of just being kind. I paid for them of course. But a local competing business owner who seemingly holds a grudge against me was buying part of their business too. She never gave him the opportunity to buy any of the posters. But originally she was going to even when I had waiting months to try to see these posters in person. He ignored me when I greeted him and I even helped him by lending him power tools and such because he was trying to remove counters and such for his business. Which he could not have got them without my help. He never thanked me and just seemed bitter. I was not really trying to help him to get them to want to just deal with me, but that is what my kindness brought me. I was okay with not getting all of those posters. I should turn a really good profit on them. I am not really sure exactly why the guy does not like me. I am sure I maybe stepped on his toes a little at some point. But to be upset at whatever it was is just childish. He has a well established business for over 10 years and I just buy some stuff to sell online locally lol. So whatever I did is irrelevant and I even use to shop in his store. He is a good guy I think, but he has always kind of acted like the towards me. I am not sure why. 

I would lend people product I made without having them pay. So I would give them stuff without having the return. But my cost in the product was very little compared to what they would pay. By doing that I really found that you cannot trust pretty much anyone. Even if people intend to pay you they always seemingly put themselves first even for frivolous stuff. I do not lend anyone money or really anything at this point of my life. I have lost some money on stupid stuff like that, but always learn something. My loss with lending product was more for the greed of getting money I did it I suppose, but not in a smart way. 

Edit: The guy who took the money was not homeless when he took it. He owned a couple cars and had an apartment and a job. 

Edited by Average Investor

I need to let myself slow down more and be in the moment. Less and less worry of getting to places at certain times or in a hurry. I don't do it as much these days, but it still happens. 

Very busy day for me. I did about 10 hours or so of work. But several hours of it were pretty passive just me bringing inventory into a store and letting them sort it for what they want to buy. It really helped me clear out some inventory. I hope my other place I sell to can take some tomorrow, so I can help condense this first storage unit. I should have it completely cleared out no problem. So that will open up $80 a month at least for a bit. Need to have the other one cleared out by the 12th and I can have the other $80 freed up to put into the business. 

I should probably forget about going to the thrift store everyday and just do it more for fun when I am in the area or just feel like it. I need to primarily focus on listing stuff for sale. I can spend one day a week and have more than enough inventory probably even with my sister working for me. 

I need to crunch out tax stuff, but thankfully I have been keeping good track of everything and I paid for the quickbooks to hook up to my bank and what not, so hopefully it goes smoothly. Then need to get everything in order to hire my sister. It will be quite a busy month, but I am really going to pace myself and do it as I can to not make it stressful. I am going at a good pace and getting it done. Tomorrow won't really be all that busy and I really hope that guy takes that inventory because I have been waiting for like 2 months for him to finish up with the old product to move this stuff around because it is taking up space. 

I have been finding it somewhat relaxing doing maintenance on my car. Replaced the gas cap, windshield wipers, and changed out the power steering fluid today. I need to change both differential fluids soon. Then hopefully get around to the fuel filter pretty soon. I see it as a good investment too because these things don't cost a fortune and really help make my vehicle last. It will be my first time really keeping up with all of the stuff as the owners manual recommends it. I hope it does last quite a while, but I seem to be getting my moneys worth with it. 

I don't want my work to get in the way of my good habits, but like today it kind of has. I am going to get this hour mediation done, then go workout for an hour. I would like to attempt to read for a bit. But at least I did get this post off so far. 

19 hours ago, Average Investor said:

He ignored me when I greeted him and I even helped him by lending him power tools and such because he was trying to remove counters and such for his business. Which he could not have got them without my help. He never thanked me and just seemed bitter. I was not really trying to help him to get them to want to just deal with me, but that is what my kindness brought me. I was okay with not getting all of those posters. I should turn a really good profit on them. I am not really sure exactly why the guy does not like me. I am sure I maybe stepped on his toes a little at some point. But to be upset at whatever it was is just childish. He has a well established business for over 10 years and I just buy some stuff to sell online locally lol. So whatever I did is irrelevant and I even use to shop in his store. He is a good guy I think, but he has always kind of acted like the towards me. I am not sure why. 

His behaviour stinks of passive agressiveness. I hate it when people suddenly become hot and cold on you, and expect you to read their minds because of some petty resentment or other. I just avoid those kind of people as much as possible, I find them kinda toxic.

It's inevitable in life you're going to be treading on people's toes, even with the best intentions.

You're not perfect, nobody is, you actually come across as a lovely warm and caring person who is respectful of others, so learning (like me) not to care so much will stand you in good stead. I've had to learn the hard way too, because I hate hurting or upsetting anyone, I'm always second guessing myself, did I say or do something to annoy them?, but with time, I've learnt to say F**k that, life's too short, I'm moving on, man, I can't keep tip-toeing and pussy-footing around others, kissing their ass, walking on egg shells all my life because other people's egos are so fragile and they prefer to hold onto grudges and resentments, that's their choice.

So thanks for sharing that @Average Investor I hear exactly what you're saying and have been through that with people, so F**k 'em all!! 

I remember once when I was getting a facial in a beauty salon, and was relaxing while the beautician was massaging my face. She said it was good I was so calm and relaxed. I asked isn't everyone when they're getting a facial?, she replied no, most women want to confide in her about their problems when they're there. She said 90% of her clients' problems are about worrying too much about how they come across to other people, how others see them, what others think of them. O.o

It really opened my eyes, I was surprised, I'd always thought only a minority of people-pleasing neurotics like me did that.

Her saying that actually helped me, and I kinda made a pledge to myself from that day on, not to be in that 90%. It comes to a point where that's it, one just has to stop worrying and ruminating about others and their fickle moods, tetchy temperaments and lack of a sense of humour. It's a jungle out there, man. Best to invest in peace of mind, and carry on looking after yourself with tender loving care, self-love and compassion. I now actually care more about what I think about myself, that's what counts the most.

Ha, even Leo has mentioned a few times having to struggle a bit with this problem, people-pleasing and stuff.

In the meantime, you can always try this quiz and see how evolved with "F**k It!" you really are: xD

https://www.thefuckitlife.com/hfiru-2-quiz/

The guys on this websit say "F**k It therapy" is therapeutic and even spiritual.

It doesn't mean "anything goes" or that we can be insensitive or act like anarchists, we still get to reflect on how we could have possibly done better and learn lessons from a given situation. Teach us to care and not to care - T.S. Eliot

But saying "F**k It!" to what others think of us is a key part of feeling freer. ? 

I actually also said "F**k It!" to the wine in December and stopped my daily aperitifs just like that. I did the same for cigarettes and just stopped smoking from one day (a packet a day) to the next (zero cigs) with a loud resounding "F**k It!"

It's powerful stuff. There's nothing like freedom, man, and no longer being controlled or a slave to something. :D :D

Capture plein écran 07012020 171555.jpg

Edited by Amandine

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

On 31/12/2019 at 8:18 AM, Average Investor said:

I climbed another mountain, this time a shorter distance one, but it was still quite brutal. 11 hours from start to finish. Definitely another big hurdle for me. 

I did a massive 24+ mile 17+ hour long mountain climb adventure that was life changing.

Awesome, man! ? ? 

I've actually read everything you've written already a few days back, but didn't have time to reply to it before, so just trying to respond a bit now.

I love watching climbing films, I've watched loads of them.

Some I've seen include "Everest", Touching the Void, The Dawn Wall, 127 Hours, Mountain, etc

Have you seen any of them?

Most of them are now available on youtube.  

Those guys never cease to amaze me.

Wouldn't like to be married to one of them though, lol. :oO.o:S

Edited by Amandine

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

On 01/01/2020 at 8:28 AM, Average Investor said:

I don't spend enough time allowing myself to be creative

What would doing something creative look like to you? More climbing or anther sort of activity?

My mediation habit is now very strong and I can get into an amazing state much easier

Well done! ? ? 

What's it like to be in an amazing state with meditation? What does it feel like? I honestly can't even imagine it yet. 

Edited by Amandine

On 01/01/2020 at 11:03 PM, Average Investor said:

I become sick from eating lower quality food anymore it seems. I believe I might be ready to completely remove oil from my diet.

Do you classify oil as low quality food? If so, what kind of oil do you use? And what will you replace the oil with (and still get the healthy fats in)? avocado? Or just reduce the quantity of oil a bit to solve the "pore problem"?

On 01/01/2020 at 11:03 PM, Average Investor said:

But when it comes down to listing it for sale it is very tedious it almost attacks my mind putting so much energy into it.

Ha, since I discovered Leo's videos and this site exactly a month ago, I have still not got around to a pile of stuff (clothes, shoes, bags, jewellery, etc) I have to put online to sell (equivalent to ebay or Craig's list), it's been the next thing on my Priority To-do list for a month now, but I haven't got round to it yet cos I've been so frigging obsessed with everything on this site, lol.

My stuff is all in a respectable tidy pile in the corner of my bedroom (thank God hubby is a good egg, the patient sort), but it's still a frigging mountain pile of suitcases and shoe boxes that's eyeballing me everyday, I've been procrastinating with it cos I can't stand the idea of all the tedious listing, taking photos, etc (groan). And cos I'm a perfectionist, I will of course have to write attractive ads with eye-catching, flattering photos, all time-guzzling as hell. ¬¬

Ha, if you see me writing less on here, at least you'll know I've probably started dealing with the crap! I'm just dying to tick it off the list so I can get on with the rest of the stuff that needs doing, lol. Like the Good stuff! Personal development, etc 

I really suck at time-managment and am really good at procrastinating.

That's why you inspire me, you seem to get things done! ? 

What I'm going to do is just pick a day soon and just get the listing done before anything else and make sure it all gets done on that day, so zero distractions. Just say F**k it!, let's just do this!" That's how I get my stuff done usually. xD 

Edited by Amandine

12 hours ago, Amandine said:

It's inevitable in life you're going to be treading on people's toes, even with the best intentions.

Yeah, I have a little bit of OCD, so I do try to let go, but it is not always easy. I am not too bothered by as much stuff like that now. I've really been pushing into not caring what people think though. Pushing the boundaries of it more and more. 

12 hours ago, Amandine said:

I actually also said "F**k It!" to the wine in December and stopped my daily aperitifs just like that. I did the same for cigarettes and just stopped smoking from one day (a packet a day) to the next (zero cigs) with a loud resounding "F**k It!"

That's awesome! I quite nicotine after 5-6 years and it was a pain at the start. Best choice I ever made. Same with a lot of other bad habits I removed. 

10 hours ago, Amandine said:

Have you seen any of them?

I do not watch movies, besides some recommended in like the life purpose course. I have seen some pretty amazing youtube videos of mountain climbing though. I want to try to do Mt.Rainier, which is definitely a more difficult one. Are they like paid movies on there? 

What would doing something creative look like to you?

I'm not really certain. I like to make creative solutions to my problems I suppose and ways of doing things. I have made some stuff like youtube videos and things like that. But not really sure what I would do. I would need to explore it more. I thought about trying to write a book possibly too. 

What's it like to be in an amazing state with meditation?

Very blissful. I purse sense of just joy from being would be the best way I can describe it. I have had a hard time getting in good session for a few days, but I hope I can have a good one here shortly. It will take you some time. My main suggestion is really just consistency even if you feel like it is not going anywhere. It is one of those habits that starts paying off big when you put a big investment of time into it. 

9 hours ago, Amandine said:

Do you classify oil as low quality food?

There are plenty of nutritionists that say there is good oils out there for you. Of course there are oils better than others. In my direct experience I have never felt good eating it or being around it cooking. I just simply do not add oil to anything to cook it. I make things like homemade sweet potato fries for example and they come out great on just a glass cooking dish. Things like an air fryer (high recommend a stainless steel rack type one) would also help not wanting to add oil. I just use water or sauces if the thing I am cooking might seem to stick. 

Don't just take this guys word for it. But there is a few other very well educated nutritionists that show it is not good. 

I discovered Leo's videos and this site exactly a month ago

You have stumbled across some very good stuff. Life changing. It's going to take time though to integrate. Expect highs and lows doing this kind of stuff. I would be happy to lend some advice if you ever need it on something in this domain, but there are definitely a lot more advanced users here than me too.

What I'm going to do is just pick a day soon and just get the listing done before anything else and make sure it all gets done on that day, so zero distractions. Just say F**k it!, let's just do this!" That's how I get my stuff done usually. xD 

That's how it goes for me sometimes too. It piles up and up and you have to take down things one at a time haha. 

Another busy day, but I did manage to get the storage unit completely cleared out. So that will be $80 a month freed up. I looked in with the other unit and I really don't think it will be possible at all to get that stuff out of that one by the 13th. The items need climate control and if I did move all of them I would need like $600 worth of tubes that I would ship them in to get them sorted and stacked enough to bring them home that soon. So in sort that is not going to happen that fast. I am just going to have to keep eating the $80 a month for a while. I lucked out and one of the stores I supply took in 21 boxes of inventory I had in the first storage unit, so that really gave me a boost on space. The half garage I use as part of the business is totally maxed out right now though. I had a bunch of stuff I need to sell. I usually refer to this as "selling my way out" to get some much needed space back. It will be alright though be some extra money in my pocket and have it taken care of. 

I did try and focus in a bit and slow down with things a few times today, but it was not super easy. I did kind of build up too much work onto myself for the sort period, but I really want to get that stuff out of the storage unit and start processing stuff as soon as I can. I need to get some more cash together to keep things going well. It seems like I have just been spinning the wheels for a bit. While I keep gaining really good inventory I don't seem to get ahead as much as I need to. 

In a heavy workout last night I noticed I do have some negative subconscious motivators to work out. While they are not all bad of course my motivations on myself are definitely negative in some aspects. I need to work to eliminate these more and more. But identifying them is essential. 

I am working more on identifying anytime I see or feel any sort of jealousy. I know that this will not allow me to live a good life. I want to integrate more and more love and compassion for others. I want to accept more and more seeing others succeed and become their best selves. These feelings are more rare, but want to tackle them more as they are toxic. 

I am going to start adding 3 things a day I am thankful for here. I am working on having more gratitude. I want to be happier without 

I am thankful for the freedom I have with my schedule. 

I am thankful for my ability to be persistent. 

I am thankful for my suv. It is such a nice vehicle to me.  

10 hours ago, Average Investor said:

Are they like paid movies on there? 

No, the movies in their entirety are freely available for anyone to watch. :)

Things like an air fryer (high recommend a stainless steel rack type one) would also help not wanting to add oil.

I bought an Actifry this Summer and want to try creative recipes like no-fat donuts, churros, samosas, falafels, etc. I've never in my life owned a deep fat fryer, and like the idea of reduced-fat recipes. 

I would be happy to lend some advice if you ever need it on something in this domain, but there are definitely a lot more advanced users here than me too.

Thank you, it's great this forum is so active, when we throw a question out there, we're sure to get some great replies. Don't hesitate to ask for my help on anything either, although I'm like way down below where you're at self-actualized speaking! :D

It piles up and up and you have to take down things one at a time haha. 

Yeah, at least then I'll be able to get into my frigging wardrobe that's behind the pile, lol! Just gonna put the whole lot on Vinted. xD

Edited by Amandine

I did manage to get the storage unit completely cleared out.

Well done! ? 

one of the stores I supply took in 21 boxes of inventory

Good news! ? 

The half garage I use as part of the business is totally maxed out right now

Must be a huge garage though to have stored 6 cars at one point, lol! xD 

11 hours ago, Average Investor said:

I really want to get that stuff out of the storage unit and start processing stuff as soon as I can.

my motivations on myself are definitely negative in some aspects. I need to work to eliminate these more and more.

I am working more on identifying anytime I see or feel any sort of jealousy.

Good luck with your progress on these goals. ? 

@Amandine

I might give the movies a try sometime. I have watched a fair share of Everest stuff for awhile lol. 

That's awesome. Yeah, oils are very calorie dense as well. So a lot of fat and calories in just a little bit of liquid. Compare like a whole cantaloupe calorie wise to a little thing of oil. 

2 hours ago, Amandine said:

Must be a huge garage though to have stored 6 cars at one point, lol! xD

They were at a friends place and etc. It took up a lot of space lol. It is just half a of a two bay, then I have a fair big shed, my room is quite filled with inventory, and then the one storage unit. 

2 hours ago, Amandine said:

Good luck with your progress on these goals. ? 

Thanks going to tackle them as I can! Just trying to bring more and more awareness to them. 

3 hours ago, Amandine said:

Thank you, it's great this forum is so active, when we throw a question out there, we're sure to get some great replies. Don't hesitate to ask for my help on anything either, although I'm like way down below where you're at self-actualized speaking! :D

Everyone is at different stages with everything in life. I am sure you are quite intelligent around relationships and other facets of life. Just remember it is a marathon and not a sprint. Progress can seem very slow sometimes. 

Going to allow myself to take it a bit easier today, but still going to get a good amount of work in. I need to sell a bit more of this inventory. I am actually doing really well this month coming up with the needed capital for bill and essentials. I am a week ahead of rent right now, so that is good for me. I need to get on top of stuff and keep selling more though. I would love to get so ahead at some point this year and maybe take a train or a plane somewhere and take a little vacation. Or maybe go on my first meditation retreat or something like that. That would be really good for me as I have not really had some sort of vacation in over a year now. 

I am going to focus in on a bit more life purpose course today and getting probably two chapters of think and grow rich in today. I have been really enjoying that book it seems to have a lot of solid information. I am learning more about redirection of sexual energy. I was surprised to find that most men have their most successful years in their 40s onward and a lot of it is due to chasing sex and getting wrapped up in it. I have got a good chunk of that stuff out of the way, but it is true that is one of the most powerful desires by the brain. I need to learn how to put this energy into my work. I do not want to get wrapped up in just chasing sex. I find a lot of this stuff to not have that high of value in my life at the moment. I enjoy having sex, but at what cost will it come? 

I kind of wonder a bit if I try to make some of my friends by buying them out in a way with sharing stuff with them. I noticed more in the past I was kind of like that and I feel like a lot of people are attracted to freeload off of you or just use you for whatever you are offering. It is hard to distinguish a genuine friend it seems like to me. But I think part of it may be that I need to offer less and not try to just give people a lot of things if is knowledge or actual things. I think just doing that will make it easier to tell the difference. I just notice with myself I have a tendency to try to offer people stuff  as if just communicating and spending time with them is not enough. Like I have to offer something to get their time. That of course is not always the case, but sometimes I feel like that is subconsciously what I am doing.  I need to give people more space as well. I feel as if I bombard people with communication, so as to where they may get tired of hearing from me. It is things that I need to work on and be more conscious of. 

My marathon training is going quite well. I am jogging 3 miles straight and walking 3 every other day. And filling in that other day into a 40 minute elliptical and right into and intense 10 minute full body workout. Having a bit harder of a time keeping the elliptical training some days lately it seems like. But I am going to stick myself to it and try to keep more positive motivation towards it.  

My meditation has been pretty difficult the last few days, but I feel like it is because I am trying harder and harder to press into a deeper meditation. I was having no issue going a whole hour without moving maybe besides swallowing saliva to like 20 minutes. I am going to keep powering through it.  I think a lot of it is if I let my money mind control I totally forget about even itching and the sensations of that go away. Without the mind being occupied it becomes much stronger of urges to notice the discomfort. 

Some stuff I am grateful for today: 

My computer with access to unlimited information

The home that I live in

The friendships that I have

56 minutes ago, Average Investor said:

My meditation has been pretty difficult the last few days

Just completed a nice 50 minute session. I probably could have went longer, but oh well. That was really refreshing after struggling the last few days. I think a big chunk of it was the amount of pressure on myself or the feel of the need to work. I also did those at the end of the day aside from earlier in the morning. After cramming all the habits in later in the day to try to keep them together. I have not broken my fast yet either. I need to put higher importance on getting this done earlier in the day. 

@Average Investor

14 hours ago, Average Investor said:

I think a lot of it is if I let my money mind control I totally forget about even itching and the sensations of that go away.

Ha, nice lapse of the tongue there, I'm sure you meant monkey mind. xD

I kind of wonder a bit if I try to make some of my friends by buying them out in a way with sharing stuff with them. I noticed more in the past I was kind of like that and I feel like a lot of people are attracted to freeload off of you or just use you for whatever you are offering. It is hard to distinguish a genuine friend it seems like to me. But I think part of it may be that I need to offer less and not try to just give people a lot of things if is knowledge or actual things. I think just doing that will make it easier to tell the difference. I just notice with myself I have a tendency to try to offer people stuff  as if just communicating and spending time with them is not enough. Like I have to offer something to get their time. That of course is not always the case, but sometimes I feel like that is subconsciously what I am doing.  I need to give people more space as well. I feel as if I bombard people with communication, so as to where they may get tired of hearing from me. It is things that I need to work on and be more conscious of. 

Ha, it's crazy how every day on your journal I find something else I can really relate to. I hope you don't mind me saying, but we seem very much alike, lol! This over-giving/over-sharing to others describes me to a tee, I'm a people-pleaser and much too generous with others, but it makes the relationship unbalanced and a bit one-sided, because I invariably end up giving much more, too much.

It could be to do with boundary issues and the unhealthy co-dependent relationship I developed with my mum as a kid. But by being conscious of how I behave compulsively like that with others and trying to change it, I've actually been making great strides and learning a lot on how to improve all that little by little. My hubby helps me a lot in that department, he gives me good advice.    

So because of my over-giving nature, as well a being a bit of a perfectionist, I prefer not to encourage or nurture relationships with others too much. I prefer my own time and my own company much more anyway, it makes life much easier and I have more energy. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually great with people, chatty, sociable, happy, charming, friendly, entertaining, etc, people seem to love me, I can even be the life and soul of the party, and people seem attracted to me and my personality, but I feel a bit drained by them sometimes, probably cos I feel compelled to give so much of myself, I definitely always put myself in the Giving role, but I overdo it, I always give too much, I can't help it. But I'm definitely learning to improve.

I like having people around though, I could never go off to live in a hut in the woods by myself or a big house with no neighbours, I love being in the hurly burly of life, but the fewer social obligations and people I have "sticking to me" in my life, the better. I like people, but at a distance, lol. I really cherish my freedom, man.

I've answered the Briggs myers test on the Personality Hacker website twice now and both times I get the same result : ISFJ (Introversion (I), Sensing (S), Feeling (F), Judgment (J)

I'm definitely a loner, but I love being one, I never feel lonely, I much prefer to be by myself than with others, I just find other people sometimes not worth my time, and find relationships even a bit complicated and time-wasting. It might seem strange for you to hear this, but all my life I've only ever had one real friend (a good quality one), and that's always been enough for me. I've always preferred to spend my time growing and learning and developing my self. Now I'm married, my hubby's more than enough for me, I don't need anyone else, any girl friends, I just can't be bothered with people, and much prefer animals, they're so much easier for me, lol. I don't care if anyone here judges me when they read that, I'm an introvert type and I know what I like best. Even here at home, I've got my own room and hubby (introvert type too on the Briggs myers test) has his man cave, haha. xD 

What I think is good @Average Investor  is that a lot of your toxic past relationships and old freeloaders have left you alone and don't hassle or bother you now, even though you're still in the same town, and they seem to respect that you don't reply to their calls, etc without putting pressure on you or "stalking" you. 

I feel as if I bombard people with communication, so as to where they may get tired of hearing from me.

I feel I could chat to you all day till the cows come home haha. xD

I love though how you're becoming more and more self-aware each day of different things.

I understand the workaholic mindset, I've always been like that too.

I think it's really practical and pragmatic you're able to live at your mum's too at the moment, especially if you get on ok together, that'll save you a big chunk, I don't see anything wrong with that, so many young people are doing it today. You actually chip in too which is more than others sometimes do.

You seem to be acquiring quite a few strings to your bow, that'll come in good use when you need them, and you come across as autodidactic, willing to learn and passionate about stuff at the same time, like the cars, climbing, personal development, etc, you're not easily phased by the hard graft. Life coaching could be a really interesting avenue for you, with the possibility of integrating business coaching, dating coaching, nutrition/fitness coaching components, etc.  

By the way, well done on the meditation and the fast today, you're doing great. And good luck on the reading and getting things done next. ?

I love the 3 daily things you're grateful for. It's true we're lucky living in awesome times with all this knowledge at our fingertips on the internet. ? 

Ha, and I can even have some virtual friends where I don't even have to get dressed first and do my make-up and hair to be able to chat to them, I'm still in my PJs, lol. xD xD

Geez, just realised I'm writing more in your journal than mine, sorry about that, I get bloody carried away each time, I'm gonna head over to mine now. :D

Edited by Amandine

Just discovered this guy this morning, he's so smiley, I loved listening to his meditation youtube video, he's inspirational, and has come such a long way, he started off flipping burgers!

https://www.iamcreator.com/mastersriakarshana/

Edited by Amandine

I just had an epiphany of why are most are not successful in business.  Most will not choose a domain they are really passionate about, but as something that they see will be able to easily generate a profit. For example with weed stores or vape shops. Now a small percentage of those shops will make a fortune.  But especially in those types of industries expensive regulations or restrictive regulations can easily wipe out all of the smaller businesses. But if they were to choose a domain that they were really passionate about and actually aim to achieve mastery in that domain it would be really hard for them to be removed. Especially if they aim to be on of the best in their field. But what happens to the average guy is they just keep hoping from business to business. Maybe they do hit some big successes every now and then, but ultimately what happens is by not putting in the work they end up having to restart and restart. Which in the long term actually consumes ever more of their efforts and time as a start up is a lot more effort and work. 

I am really focusing in on core self help fundamentals and making sure that I do not pass up important concepts and start to master them more and more. I need to make sure that I am not skipping by stuff and just focusing all in on advanced material. I still think there is a vast amount of basic information that most will skip right past and not really fully embody it. I am really putting extra knowledge into habits I want to build and working my best to insure that I get the most amount of results for the stuff that I am working on. I think I might do the life purpose course a few times this year to really get the best results. Because I think this is going to be massively important for me to not make the mistake of what I mentioned above. While it is still definitely possible to make some mistakes and I am sure that I will. I think insuring that I have chosen the best path for myself will negate most of problems in the first paragraph. While I still do see value in starting a business in something you simply just enjoy too. 

One chapter left of my first book for the year. I did have a bit of a head start with this starting a bit into last year, but oh well. I really want to work into this habit as I can see myself improving more and more. I just need to make sure that I maximize the benefits of all of the content I read by intergrading a better NOTES system for myself will be a huge priority. And really making sure that I am actively doing all of the strategies and really reviewing the notes more than I am. I am just writing them down in a paper journal which is good, but if I invest into a good system with a back up I can really improve the quality and retention of this information. 

I am really happy with myself from getting in just a bit of a work yesterday. I set up my little photo booth and am beginning to take pictures of items semi professionally again. They look excellent in the set up I am using right now. I am really happy with the result of the work towards it so far. This is something that is a bit of an emotional effort to get through for sure. I am doing pretty good at welling stuff out of the way to get it cleared up and putting organizing into full effect. Things are looking good and if I keep adding to this structure it will become a lot more efficient. I need to picture all of the large items and move them into my shed for storage and that will free up quite a bit of space. I think I need to start moving more storage into there as well even though it is more of a pain to grab inventory from there. 

Today I am grateful for being in a tranquil mood

Today I am grateful for the business opportunity that I have

Today I am grateful for space I am able to utilize for my business

19 hours ago, Amandine said:

I'm sure you meant monkey mind.

I did mean that lol.

Ha, it's crazy how every day on your journal I find something else I can really relate to. I hope you don't mind me saying, but we seem very much alike, lol! This over-giving/over-sharing to others describes me to a tee, I'm a people-pleaser and much too generous with others, but it makes the relationship unbalanced and a bit one-sided, because I invariably end up giving much more, too much.

Yeah, I have set myself up to be taken advantage of a good bit in the past. But not to say that I never had things I wanted or needed from other people too. I'm probably bias, but when I look back it seems like I get the short end of the stick pretty often. Or I try to justify why someone did me wrong just because they did something nice for me in the past. I would never take advantage of someone just because I did something nice previously, so I am sure that is not a good way to look at it. I enjoy having people around, but it is really hard to dermine if someone is genuine.

I know the friend I climb the mountain with is not really looking for anything from me. I actually feel guilty if he gives me a ride or something to whatever it is we want to do, so I make sure to chip in etc. But I would not really ask him for anything. I usually try to just maintain whatever I am doing by myself if possible. 

I would debate on moving out of neighborhood, but I suppose I never try to talk with my neighbors. I might help the next door neighbor with things every now and then, but that is really about it. 

your toxic past relationships and old freeloaders have left you alone

They try with stuff every now and then. I genuinely feel bad for just not talking to them. The last ones just assume I was really mad about them just disregarding my car stuff they agreed to help with. I was, but I took responsibility that I trusted them to do that for me in return for helping them out. It was mostly their character is why I stopped talking to them. I don't just cut off a relationship and stop talking to people over a couple hundred bucks. But I do have a history of friends taking me for a ride. One of my last friends actually stole the battery out of my car, which was the absolute last straw, but I caught them in a scheme to try to get money out of me before. I seriously mean they stole the battery out of my car lol. 

I feel I could chat to you all day till the cows come home haha. xD

I'm a good talker for sure lol. I have ideas and such running all the time and it makes me want to share a lot to friends. I am starting to just focus in on keeping things to myself. I have a hard time in person not sharing a lot with people. Usually in the time the do not see me I am changing and improving things all the time. So I have a lot to share about my activities and stuff. But in regards to messaging them I am trying to limit it and not annoy people. Finding outlets like the journal to get some of it out of me. 

I think it's really practical and pragmatic you're able to live at your mum's too at the moment, especially if you get on ok together, that'll save you a big chunk, I don't see anything wrong with that, so many young people are doing it today. You actually chip in too which is more than others sometimes do.

She has really allowed me to transform my life by staying her with these years. I feel like I missed many years of healthy development in my life and this has helped me reach even beyond the average person. I mostly just feel that I am not as independent as I could be at this age.  That and society here looks down upon it a bit. But it is what it is. If I suck it up for awhile longer I will be doing quite well. 

It is really essential in this work to become more observant of your own thoughts, behaviors, and bias. It is really hard to do, and the mind loves distracting you from it. I imagine I am just scratching the surface for improvement. 

You seem to be acquiring quite a few strings to your bow, that'll come in good use when you need them, and you come across as autodidactic, willing to learn and passionate about stuff at the same time, like the cars, climbing, personal development, etc, you're not easily phased by the hard graft. Life coaching could be a really interesting avenue for you, with the possibility of integrating business coaching, dating coaching, nutrition/fitness coaching components, etc.  

I appreciate that. I am thinking of some sort of route like that, but I want to be 100% certain it is the route that I would want to go. So I am going to study a lot and put in the research and testing it before I really decide. I really want to create something good for the world. I want to find a way to improve the lives of people. I like 1 on 1 connection with others as one of my higher values. So it is something I could enjoy. It makes me happy if someone is able to improve because of what I have to share. If I decide to go that route I will spend the $10,000 to get the certification and classes to do it. I just want to make sure I want to do it because I really want to. Not just because what I think would be great. I want to become a master at the craft I do. I want to get to a level where I am world class if I want to put large chunk of this life into something. Either else the reselling would be scale able enough for me to just sit back and have the average life. 

Ha, and I can even have some virtual friends where I don't even have to get dressed first and do my make-up and hair to be able to chat to them, I'm still in my PJs, lol. xD xD

That's always the easiest friends to maintain. lol

Geez, just realised I'm writing more in your journal than mine, sorry about that, I get bloody carried away each time, I'm gonna head over to mine now. :D

I've enjoyed talking to you. You seem like a pretty awesome person. You're more than welcome to post here anytime. I am happy to see your progress too. It will be nice to see how you evolve with this work as well. 

15 hours ago, Amandine said:

I subbed to him I will check out what he has to say. 

5 hours ago, Average Investor said:

Finding outlets like the journal to get some of it out of me. 

Yes, it's great for that. ;)

6 hours ago, Average Investor said:

I just want to make sure I want to do it because I really want to. Not just because what I think would be great.

Good analysis. ? 

I've enjoyed talking to you. You seem like a pretty awesome person.

Thanks buddy. :D

I subbed to him I will check out what he has to say. 

He loves his cars too (check out his lamborghini, lol). I love the way he's got this huge beaming smile when he talks. How does he do that, lol? He even manages to smile in the morning routine video when he's taking an ice cold shower!  xD

Yeah, I have set myself up to be taken advantage of a good bit in the past.

Google's your friend here. ;)

The good thing is you've identified a pattern within you that seems to be attracting this kind of behaviour from certain people.

As you change and work on yourself, you will naturally start to attract a better class of people into your life. 

It requires strength and consistency in keeping the bad ones, the users, (especially the thieves!) out. Don't feel bad. 

You'll probably find useful articles on the net by googling things like:

* how to tell if someone is genuine?

* setting boundaries in relationships

* building-assertiveness

https://psychcentral.com/blog/building-assertiveness-in-4-steps/

I like this site psychcentral, I was doing some tests on there yesterday (they've got loads) and scored really high on the ADHD quiz! I'm so ditsy! :S

But I scored really well on the "sanity score", showing that my mental health is very good. :D

It's clear you have good organisation skills. Well done on reflecting on improving your study/learning organisation and getting some good inventory photos done! ?

Hope your meditation went better yesterday, and good luck on the fasting! ?

Edited by Amandine

On 08/01/2020 at 5:01 AM, Average Investor said:

I thought about trying to write a book possibly too. 

Like little old chatterbox me, I feel like you too could talk the hind legs off a donkey, lol! 

We probably all have a book inside of us waiting to be written.

https://podcast.mindvalley.com/tucker-max-writing-a-best-selling-book-in-record-time/

I've just discovered this Mind valley site (Leo's always said to vary your sources), and just signed up for 2 of their free masterclasses, I've never done it before so have no idea what to expect. I programmed one for 4pm on Sunday and one for 4pm on Monday.

Edited by Amandine