Chumbimba

Drop Shipping/Amazon FBA resources

16 posts in this topic

I’ve hit rock bottom recently. I’ve been homeless and I am tired of being a victim and fucking around with my life. I want to do dropshipping/amazon fba so I can escape wage slavery and really be able to pursue my life purpose like I want. Does anyone have videos/courses/ resources where I can learn about dropshipping or online business as a whole ?

Ebay is a good avenue too. You can get a storage unit pretty cheap and run your business out of it. I make a full time living with mostly ebay, supplying local stores, and facebook market place. I am not knowledgeable on amazon. I have a few thousand music cds as potential candidates for fba soon though. If you are serious you can message me and I can help teach you. But don't waste my time if you don't really want it. 

Jesus I dont understand this obsession with Amazon FBA.

Why dont you build a semiconductor company? Or a health insurance provider? Or a car supplier? Or some chemical engineering company?

All I am saying is that building an Amazon FBA business is not a great, innovative idea and being successful in that is not particularly easier than being successful in any other field. It might even be harder because so many people do it.

Try to find a job that pays you 20$/h and then strategically build your skill set.

But dont waste anymore time now with trying to build some business in the body (and PLEASE dont waste money on some online products that teach you to do amazon FBA)

Edited by Ferdi Le

@Ferdi Le There is a ton of bullshit delusion that there is not a ton of work involved with sourcing and what not. I had a relative tell me I was able to work 80 hours a week because it was easy. You're right though there is a lot of other options out there. But for someone who is getting the ropes and wants to be independent reselling is fine. Not to mention start up costs are quite low and it has a low barrier to entry.All of that other stuff is pretty costly to get into you mentioned. I just got a $300 pc set up for free the other day because I knew it was worth money, but looks like junk. People can dumpster dive and get inventory to sell if they want too. Most people do not understand the learning curve and work required to actually make any good money though. 

The drop shipping is mostly bullshit. The platforms don't really allow it either. So you would need your own site shopify etc. There is people who make big money on it though. 

Yeah I’m not really trying to get rich quick I just want to make some side income and eventually make enough to not work a 9-5 job

On 30/12/2019 at 6:47 PM, Chumbimba said:

I’ve hit rock bottom recently. I’ve been homeless and I am tired of being a victim and fucking around with my life. I want to do dropshipping/amazon fba so I can escape wage slavery and really be able to pursue my life purpose like I want. Does anyone have videos/courses/ resources where I can learn about dropshipping or online business as a whole ?

Jeff Bozo did it already. Its called amazon. 

Be creative. Learn to be resourceful. Homeless and trying drop shipping is ridiculous. Get a job at McDonalds and side hustle after. 

Get a job and stable income first. Once you have money coming in, you could try building a business on the side. Realistically, most people won't be able to build a business which generates them more income than a stable job in the long run.

Been dropshipping for around 1-2 years, i could not recommend Gabriel St. Germain more. His 400$ course is worth it, but you have to know the basics first. His Youtube channel also has a lot of value. 

Edited by fridjonk

I know the topic is a little old, but I have a question that doesn't give me peace for a while. How to make money online? I've heard that it can be done on Amazon, but I'm not sure. Don't you know?

On 31/12/2019 at 8:17 AM, Chumbimba said:

Establish a purpose in a service or product through which your skills can be reflected. Don’t focus on trending business styles, such as e-commerce. Use Amazon to sell your products sure, but don’t just sell some random house gold rubbish for cash, there’s far too much of that already.

Create an innovative tool which far exceeds any money you will get from it. Craft a powerful idea that will serve humanity and it will equally end up serving you.

E Commerce is just an attractive field.

Placing a product on the marketplace is like 2008 Google or Youtube SEO.

But now with added complications of product fullfilment, liabilities and reviews.

And

Its fucking boring. 

If you cant get majorly excited researching the niche of mosquito nets for 20 hours to come up with a good product placement on search,
well thats your business..

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

Very good idea, each of us gets tired at a certain time of working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and so on for a lifetime. It would be good to have a flexible program, to work for us. So your idea seems like a good idea. I'm still starting with the Amazon FBA. Honestly, at first, I like that, I feel free. If you need help then you can contact me, or you can read more at  https://yourmoneygeek.com/retail-arbitrage/  It's a pretty good article.

Edited by OwenMackay

On 12/30/2019 at 7:17 PM, Average Investor said:

Ebay is a good avenue too. You can get a storage unit pretty cheap and run your business out of it. I make a full time living with mostly ebay, supplying local stores, and facebook market place. I am not knowledgeable on amazon. I have a few thousand music cds as potential candidates for fba soon though. If you are serious you can message me and I can help teach you. But don't waste my time if you don't really want it. 

what kind of things do you supply to local stores and why do they buy from you instead of big distributors? 
Also what is the main purpose in running the business out of a storage unit? Is it to put stock in there?  
thanks

@Nak Khid Mostly DVDs for stores actually, but I have cooled off on that right now. I can provide that stuff cheaper than anyone who would mail say a big thing of 2000 dvds to them. Plus they can pick through my inventory and take what they want. I will go back to doing this more in the winter though.  No longer using any storage units, but I was storing excess inventory there. 

Since posting that awhile ago my business has expended quite a bit. Just started selling on Amazon and several other platforms. 

1 hour ago, Average Investor said:

@Nak Khid Mostly DVDs for stores actually, but I have cooled off on that right now. I can provide that stuff cheaper than anyone who would mail say a big thing of 2000 dvds to them.

You get the DVDs locally by psychically collecting them?  And what is more profitable for selling them Amazon or Ebay?