Scholar

Leo more advanced than any available teachings?

55 posts in this topic

I've been wondering about something Leo said a few times now. He claims he has reached levels of consciousness or aspects of awakening that he has read in no book or heard any teacher speak of.

What exactly is he referring to? So far what Leo is communicating to us does not seem to me like it is something books and other teachers do not talk about. And if he cannot communicate these levels of consciousness, why then does he expect other teachers or books to communicate these levels of consciousness?

Glory to Israel

Certainly, "Levels of Consciousness" Cannot be communicated in this format if we're referring to highly rarefied states.

However, as for "aspects of Awakening", I'll state that from personal experience, there are a great number of bodies of profound mystical knowledge, which spiritual teachers simply do not or rarely teach or speak of to their students. The domain of Consciousness is Vast. Usually, you derive it yourself, after genuine Awakening.

In most cases, this is because the primary concern of a spiritual teacher is trying to get his/her students to Awaken in the first place. And some of these more subtle and highly complex, and often structural areas relating to Consciousness, do not directly contribute to that cause.

I believe Leo does not expect in any way, for other spiritual teachers to communicate these areas. Although from personal experience, I was rather surprised on numerous occasions to hear spiritual teachers state word-for-word something I had derived independently and not told anyone.

"Advanced" is a highly relative notion.

Do you measure a teaching by how effective it is in Awakening beings?

Do you measure a teaching by how far it comes from along the path?

Assuming that a teaching is coming from way further along the path than the one receiving the teaching, can that one even receive the teaching to begin with?

Of course also, to make a more obvious and mundane point, I would assume that Leo as a content creator wants to save the best for last, and he does like to tease.

I certainly do believe he's gone deeper than most. I love Leo's in-depth work.

I still do believe that the best teachings are silent through transmitting energies. 

It's not that they don't talk about the deepest level that they aren't there, it's just that they understand it's pointless to teach this since most seekers haven't even awakened once.

It's useful for the ones that are extremely wise and woke, but totally useless for most people, because what most people need is first to become conscious.

When Leo says that he has gone where few teachers has gone, he has no way to know that, it's at best intuition, at worst arrogance.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 hours ago, Scholar said:

And if he cannot communicate these levels of consciousness, why then does he expect other teachers or books to communicate these levels of consciousness?

This does't exist in reality.

Leo expects what of other teachers? To communicate that which is uncommunicable?

6 hours ago, Scholar said:

I've been wondering about something Leo said a few times now. He claims he has reached levels of consciousness or aspects of awakening that he has read in no book or heard any teacher speak of.

What exactly is he referring to? So far what Leo is communicating to us does not seem to me like it is something books and other teachers do not talk about. And if he cannot communicate these levels of consciousness, why then does he expect other teachers or books to communicate these levels of consciousness?

Leo is in a very awkward stage where he is building up a confidence due to the amount of experiences he's had but in particular phase he's in right now is a very volatile one because at the same rate understanding is growing so too is the imagination and if he's not careful which I'm afraid he's not very careful in his imagination will become the most powerful decision maker in his mind and he will spin off into La La Land to put it simply. Now this isn't anything against him because everybody I would think has to go through this phase of Awakening the problem and this situation is though that he is popular and having thousands of people directing their thoughts towards him and their emotions will greatly affect the decisions he makes as well as the decisions other people make because he is an influencer.

As far as him experiencing things that no teacher has written about in any book I'm not sure what he's referencing to but in my own experience after you go through the confusion then the searching then the lost and hopeless then the Hope regained and then re-establishing beliefs and then the knowledge and understanding phase (I'm sure I missed several but you get the idea) after you've gone through those General emotional roller coasters you get to a point if you kept your mind clean enough to where you will start to experience things and understand things that words were not made for or at least I haven't figured out how to put words to them and they are experiences that I have the slightest clue and how I would even formulate trying to explain it and it makes you realize just how crippled we are by language because when you experience something that you've never learned the word for it's extremely difficult to share that experience with others so perhaps he is talking about that? . 

Personally, I think that once one has awakened to Truth, there is no reason whatsoever to teach, as you are alone in the universe and all is you, so why would you teach to yourself? It's like trying to teach your finger to wake up. 

18 minutes ago, MAYA EL said:

Leo is in a very awkward stage where he is building up a confidence due to the amount of experiences he's had but in particular phase he's in right now is a very volatile one because at the same rate understanding is growing so too is the imagination and if he's not careful which I'm afraid he's not very careful in his imagination will become the most powerful decision maker in his mind and he will spin off into La La Land to put it simply.

Say that in one breath.xD

9 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Jed Vassallo Where would seekers be without any teachers or teachings?

The teachings are there. They've always been there. Unless there is a huge apocalypses and every scrap of human knowledge is gone, there will always be the teachings. So it is only a matter of seekers actually doing what is necessary to wake up. Essentially most of Leos (and most every other Nonduality teachers) videos are saying the same thing. Whether a seeker does what he is teaching is the real question. No amount of teachings, reading or videos will awaken someone. Only a leap of faith into death will one know Truth. 

19 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Personally, I think that once one has awakened to Truth,

Truth is there is no one to awaken to Truth. :P

15 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Truth is there is no one to awaken to Truth. :P

Oh course. True true. 

6 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Unless there is a huge apocalypses and every scrap of human knowledge is gone, there will always be the teachings. So it is only a matter of seekers actually doing what is necessary to wake up

It's even past the seeker waking up. It's consciousness awakening for infinity.

8 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

It's even past the seeker waking up. It's consciousness awakening for infinity.

Indubitably.

42 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Oh course. True true. 

Instead of saying true it might be better if we all just say i actually don't know. 

3 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Personally, I think that once one has awakened to Truth, there is no reason whatsoever to teach, as you are alone in the universe and all is you, so why would you teach to yourself? It's like trying to teach your finger to wake up. 

Bingo this guys got it! 

@Scholar Most of the non-dual teachers are doing it in sober level. Leo brings psychedelics to his work, also he has spent so much time using it that he just penetrates deeper than anyone else. It's not like Leo is better than any other teacher, but he just went further and he can say that there are way way more stuff to explore in this work of consciousness.

Mahadev

6 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

If full,embodied realization has happened,then there's no one to "decide" to teach. What has awakened has it's own will, and if teaching happens, it's not the will of an individual or person who decided to do it. It was decided for them. Just, as an example, Ramana never sought to, nor ever left the mountain to go out and teach the world, yet he's one of the most influential teachers of the 20th century. Truth has it's own way of getting itself out there whether it's the will of the one who's teaching or not. If they are fully realized, odds are, they didn't choose to do so.

As Jesus said, "not my will,but thy will be done".
Would he have gone out and spread the truth by his own will,knowing what the cost would be ? As realization deepens and gets further integrated,one very much observes the falling/fading away of personal will. It can be very trying on the so called "personal" level because one's desire and drive to pursue what was once considered of significant importance and meaning, starts falling away. Once the "new" energy or drive starts taking over,"you're" no longer in the driver's seat (well,there never was a "you" driving), Now there's just "going along for the ride" to where it wants to go.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

@MAYA EL @Jed Vassallo I’d like to put a counter argument here.

I get the teachings are there, but for a lot of people they won’t help that much, there’s so many out there who’ve been seeking for 40-50+ years and still don’t get it.

I would also argue once you awaken to The Self, and realise all are you, you want nothing more than to help people in any way you can, and what greater way than to help them end their suffering? 

while I also agree a limited amount of people can make videos and write books etc, I feel a more efficient method exists in working 1-1 with people on their unique awakening process and then also using transmissions as part of this teaching.

that is what worked for me, and without the 1-1 intervention I’d still be a hardcore seeker for sure, stuck in my mind.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi