StarStruck

During trips: Illusions of not being able to breathe

9 posts in this topic

I did a mushroom trip couple of months ago and at a certain point I thought I stopped breathing and breathing wasn’t going automatically anymore. I believed I had to force myself to keep breathing to stay alive. Did anybody have this too? A friend told me it was an illusion. This didn’t help me to calm down. 

In Tate we trust

I've had this in my earlier days of cannabis edibles, never on mushrooms though. Definitely an illusion, breathing isn't going to stop under conscious control unless its physically obstructed. 

What was the dose and type of mushrooms?

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Yes, I experienced. In that state all you can do is let go. Don't worry your human body is too smart to stop breathing just because your mind is hallucinating time hehe

@StarStruck was there a need to breath? I’ve experienced this while tripping, but I also felt no need to xD

I couldn’t tell you why because there was no me, maybe breathing itself is the illusion 

Edited by DrewNows

There's probably a part of you that feels it needs to control the breathe all the time. Even when sober.
Mushrooms can show you how this is no longer serving you, by greatly enhancing the illusion and then putting a spotlight on it. So to speak.
Sit with this in meditation to see where you are still holding on, and let go.

On 30-12-2019 at 8:11 PM, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

I've had this in my earlier days of cannabis edibles, never on mushrooms though. Definitely an illusion, breathing isn't going to stop under conscious control unless its physically obstructed. 

What was the dose and type of mushrooms?

It is called Mexicana truffels. 

In Tate we trust

On 30-12-2019 at 9:17 PM, DrewNows said:

@StarStruck was there a need to breath? I’ve experienced this while tripping, but I also felt no need to xD

I couldn’t tell you why because there was no me, maybe breathing itself is the illusion 

I concentrated on my breathing because I was flipping out. I have issues with relaxing. 

In Tate we trust

By the way, yesterday, the second last day of the year, I took 15 grams of Mexicana Truffels. Within 30 minutes I was in full panick mode and I tried to puke and failed. Then I just calmed myself using meditation techniques realizing that there was no return. It was a heavy night but good at the end. It wasn’t even that bad. It was just the fear in the beginning and not being able to relax. I was already aware this was going to happen and I went in prepared. It still shell shocked me but as explained I very quickly I turned the tides. At the end it was a very good trip. No trouble with not being able to breathe.  I had some mystical experience too.  When I was breathing my surroundings (the universe) was breathing with me!! No loss of self though. I had some great insights in my personality though. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust