Cocolove

Books on health & food, looking for recommendations

9 posts in this topic

I currently eat a fairly healthy diet, lots of fruits and vegetables, meat, nuts, etc, with few exceptions. I do intermittent fasting & OMAD(One meal a day) often.

However, I know there is much more to this, and I want to really optimize my health with things like  fasting especially, heavy metals, I have thought about going vegan, probiotics and stuff.

Online there is just so much information, and it's hard to really implement anything. It is disorganized. What books do you recommend?  The ones on Leo's book list don't really resonate with me much. 

18 minutes ago, Arzola said:

the premise of the book is: eat real food, mostly plants.

hmm, I guess I feel like I already have this kinda down.

What I think I'm really looking for is how veganism works, and how to do it properly, maybe something about permaculture, and heavy metals and other topics of that nature. 

I will and have done my own research on this, just hard to tell which books are 'good'

Healing with Whole Foods might help. It's a bible. ;) 

Edited by UnbornTao

2 hours ago, Cocolove said:

just hard to tell which books are 'good'

Sometimes other people's comments (like on Amazon) are a good guide :)

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

On 12/30/2019 at 10:17 AM, Arzola said:

Then, Healing with Whole Foods could help in those specific areas. It is a bible ;) 

Wow! After more research, that book looks amazing. I ordered it!

I think it is always a good idea when learning about health the implement some good old anatomy and physiology of the human body. Helps to understand how nutrition impacts the health when you can pinpoint it to individual systems. I see that a lot of people who make big claims about health hardly understand the physiology of the human body.  But that's just a personal opinion :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

How to eat move and be healthy by Paul Chek is what made it for me. Comprehensive, practical with questionnaires to help you determine your priorities and clear action steps and recommendations. Then you apply it for a few weeks, retake the questionnaires and keep iterating until you are happy with your health.

Tip you might come in wanting to fix your diet or exercise routine only to realize you first need to improve self-care and rest. This book helped me identify a yeast overgrowth in my gut which was critically hampering my progress and completely outside of my attention.

https://www.amazon.com/How-Eat-Move-Be-Healthy/dp/1583870067/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=ow+to+eat+move+and+be+healthy&qid=1578030296&sr=8-2-spell

@Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj Thank you for the book recommendation 9_9it seems to be following the same thread as Weston A Price's research: https://www.amazon.com/Nutrition-Physical-Degeneration-Weston-Price/dp/0916764206/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=weston+a+price&qid=1578030805&sr=8-1