OBEler

friendly AL-LAD alternative for beginners?

18 posts in this topic

Hello there,

since AL-LAD production stopped worldwide and on top is prohibited in germany this year I ask me if there are some good replacements out there for AL-LAD which are as friendly as this psychedelicum and also have short durations for about 6 hours. My first thoughts were shrooms in low dose area. I never took them. Can you compare this to AL-LAD? Or are they not so friendly even in low doses?

Too bad AL-LAD is history :(

Could be mescaline a good substitute for ALLAD? Does nobody miss this great psychedelicum? I just know ALLAD and LSD. LSD is not so friendly and takes too long time

10 hours ago, OBEler said:

Could be mescaline a good substitute for ALLAD? Does nobody miss this great psychedelicum? I just know ALLAD and LSD. LSD is not so friendly and takes too long time

At some point you gotta bust through the "friendliness" and face the things you have to face. Start with lower doses. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@TrynaBeTurquoise I feel not ready. I still want to test the waters. 

Had 10 AL-LAD  Trips and one LSD high Dose. I look for something friendly like AL LAD right now, my girlfriend too

I dont want to go too deep into existential issues right now

2 hours ago, OBEler said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise I feel not ready. I still want to test the waters. 

Had 10 AL-LAD  Trips and one LSD high Dose. I look for something friendly like AL LAD right now, my girlfriend too

I dont want to go too deep into existential issues right now

Why not a low dose of LSD then? Filling your mind with all the bad trip reports and things that could go wrong is wise and cautionary to a certain point, but also adds a negative overlay to your own experience that wouldn't be there otherwise. Maybe the LSD will feel like heaven with no fear at all. Maybe it will confront you with existential terror, but not in the way you think, but rather in an uncomfortable way you can still at least handle in the right set/setting and with a sitter perhaps, and afterwards will be the most clarifying experience of your life. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@TrynaBeTurquoise LSD doesnt resonate with me. It is too forceful, it last too long and is too much mind fuck. I needed to sleep with lights on in the room after 15 hours tripping on LSD, was too scared. Next morning my body looked like it is not a part of me. Scary movements of body parts I saw like in a horror movie. The hand of my girlfriend looked like that from a whitch, I thought it was alive. 

Too much mind fuck. On AL-LAD everything is smooth and in control. LSD is too much surprise for me.

Nevertheless I will try 80 microgramm LSD to see if I can resonate with it again. Thanks for the advice. But still, is there a AL-LAD alternative out there? I want to experiment with yoga and short lasting psychedelics and AL-LAD had perfect body load for this

Maybe some of the 2c-x compunds?

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

4-ho-Met. I posted a short report on it recenty. It's considered a great beginner psychedelic and simialr to AL-LAD in that it can be very visual and lack too much difficult headspace. Considered the most recreational psychedelic by most because of those characteristics. Its for those same characteristics that others don't like this substance. People will call it "hollow" or "lacking spiritual depth". With that said. I highly recommend it. I find it's one of the best psychedelics for microdosing as it has a low threshold. That's if you are into microdosing. Either way its fantastic for someone getting into psychs. 

@TheAlchemist @RickyBalboa Thanks for your recommendations!

4-ho-Met is too new and unexplored so it can have unknown risks. This makes it unattractive for me

2c-b sounds really comparable with AL-LAD. Are there some people here who took both and can compare these psychedelica?

20 hours ago, OBEler said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise LSD doesnt resonate with me. It is too forceful, it last too long and is too much mind fuck. I needed to sleep with lights on in the room after 15 hours tripping on LSD, was too scared. Next morning my body looked like it is not a part of me. Scary movements of body parts I saw like in a horror movie. The hand of my girlfriend looked like that from a whitch, I thought it was alive. 

Too much mind fuck. On AL-LAD everything is smooth and in control. LSD is too much surprise for me.

You're mixing up your trip experience with the compound itself here. The experiences you had on LSD were not produced by the LSD, they came from your own mind and were amplified by the LSD, which is a generic mind-expander. The fear etc that you experienced are not an inherent quality of LSD, it was something that was going on in yourself, and the LSD magnified it.

That being said, AL-LAD is more happy-go-lucky than LSD, and AL-LAD doesn't last as long either, which makes it easier to manage. And LSD is more forceful and ego-orientied too (paradoxically both dissolving and amplifying). On the other hand AL-LAD actually gets more confusing and out of control when you go to higher doses. 

LSD is extremely "in control", as far as psychedelics go it might be the most in control psychedelic considering the magnitude of effects.

Of course this is all just my opinion, bu this is speaking after a couple hundred trips on a wide array of psychedelics, and nerding out for decades on psychedelic information. As with all things, but especially psychedelics, YMMV!

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

43 minutes ago, outlandish said:

You're mixing up your trip experience with the compound itself here. The experiences you had on LSD were not produced by the LSD, they came from your own mind and were amplified by the LSD, which is a generic mind-expander. The fear etc that you experienced are not an inherent quality of LSD, it was something that was going on in yourself, and the LSD magnified it.

That being said, AL-LAD is more happy-go-lucky than LSD, and AL-LAD doesn't last as long either, which makes it easier to manage. And LSD is more forceful and ego-orientied too (paradoxically both dissolving and amplifying). On the other hand AL-LAD actually gets more confusing and out of control when you go to higher doses. 

LSD is extremely "in control", as far as psychedelics go it might be the most in control psychedelic considering the magnitude of effects.

Of course this is all just my opinion, bu this is speaking after a couple hundred trips on a wide array of psychedelics, and nerding out for decades on psychedelic information. As with all things, but especially psychedelics, YMMV!

Why is it that you think the AL LAD is friendlier at lower doses but paradoxically is more out of control in higher doses? Maybe its missing a key element that makes it seem friendlier at first (whereas with a classic one would get into uncomfortable territory) but then that same mechanism is what puts you into bliss with the classical one at higher doses?

7 hours ago, OBEler said:

4-ho-Met is too new and unexplored so it can have unknown risks. This makes it unattractive for me

4-HO-MET was first synthesized by Shulgin more than 20 years ago. It's very explored and at least as popular as AL-LAD. 

@Girzo Well, to be fair 4-ho-met is lesser known and less popular than al-lad over the last half decade. Calling it too new is similar to a 36 year old calling a 23 year old "too young". Which is respectively the ages of the two substances. The two seem so similar in their profile of effects compared to others that it seems it would be the perfect for op's purposes. I have never had any negative symptoms from 4-ho-met but OP can make his own decisions I suppose. 

Edited by RickyBalboa

12 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Why is it that you think the AL LAD is friendlier at lower doses but paradoxically is more out of control in higher doses? Maybe its missing a key element that makes it seem friendlier at first (whereas with a classic one would get into uncomfortable territory) but then that same mechanism is what puts you into bliss with the classical one at higher doses?

Yeah it could be something like that - maybe it's missing some of the edge of LSD, which makes it more approachable, but when it gets higher dose territory you need that edge to stay sharp and not loose your shit

I was thinking about it in a different way though, that AL-LAD just has a bit of a silly, fun quality to it, and that when you turn that up to 10 it gets very discombobulating.

Back to the OPs question though: some of the 2C drugs are very beginner friendly. 2C-D is probably the mildest psychedelic that exists, and 2C-C is reputedly also extremely easy access yet also rewarding to vets.

Mescaline is hard to ingest from cacti and unobtanium in synthetic form, but is very kind.

MDMA is slightly psychedelic, and is very easy, but also some risks, and for many people is less rewarding than actual psychedelics. 

The 2C, mescaline and MDMA molecules all belong to the phenethylamine class. Phenethylamines often have less edge and more rounded quality than the tryptamines

10 hours ago, outlandish said:

Yeah it could be something like that - maybe it's missing some of the edge of LSD, which makes it more approachable, but when it gets higher dose territory you need that edge to stay sharp and not loose your shit

I was thinking about it in a different way though, that AL-LAD just has a bit of a silly, fun quality to it, and that when you turn that up to 10 it gets very discombobulating.

Back to the OPs question though: some of the 2C drugs are very beginner friendly. 2C-D is probably the mildest psychedelic that exists, and 2C-C is reputedly also extremely easy access yet also rewarding to vets.

Mescaline is hard to ingest from cacti and unobtanium in synthetic form, but is very kind.

MDMA is slightly psychedelic, and is very easy, but also some risks, and for many people is less rewarding than actual psychedelics. 

The 2C, mescaline and MDMA molecules all belong to the phenethylamine class. Phenethylamines often have less edge and more rounded quality than the tryptamines

When you say "edge" are you just referring to mental sharpness/clarity/"sober mind" so to speak?

On 1/1/2020 at 0:38 PM, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

When you say "edge" are you just referring to mental sharpness/clarity/"sober mind" so to speak?

Yeah mostly, but I think I also mean something of a seriousness or depth that certain psychedelics posses. Some psychedelics come more sugar-coated and some are more raw and badass.

Some of the psychedelics that have a bit of this edge I'd say are: LSD, 4-AcO-DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, magic mushrooms. I'm sure ayahuasca and DMT have it, but haven't personally sampled them. DPT has a lot of edge - almost too much! 2C-E is edgy despite being a phenethylamine.

Less edgy, IMO, are 2C-D, 2C-B, 4-AcO-MET and the other ones I mentioned in a previous post about beginner friendly ones.

This is all really just psychedelic nerdery though. It's not 100% relevant to the trip you have. Individual differences, dosage, set and setting all are probably a lot more important than the nuances of the different compounds' flavours. But it's pretty interesting to explore!

I think what I'd call the less edgy compounds are probably more beginner friendly in general, and the more edgy ones are probably more revelatory and transformative in general. And like anything there are exceptions, and there's really no reason a "beginner" can't start out with a mild dose of an edgy compound like LSD

do the shrooms. i found them even more friendly than al-lad.

Edited by Display_Name