Vido

Could someone explain me "OSHO"

6 posts in this topic

In Leo's book list, he mentions he's enlightened. However, he literally said, love cannot unite but only hatred can. I saw the documentary, although he seems to be a bit enlightened, how did all this happened. Could someone enlighten me about him?

Depends what a person means by enlightenment, The Buddha talks about many lesser enlightenments. https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/In-the-Buddhas-Words-Audiobook/B01J4IT7E8?qid=1577642251&sr=1-1&pf_rd_p=c6e316b8-14da-418d-8f91-b3cad83c5183&pf_rd_r=5Q1YJK1SJXGEWBBTW8ZF&ref=a_search_c3_lProduct_1_1

To me enlightenment can be either bound, or unbound. Having a Panentheistic model of reality, with includes Pantheism(Unbound).

True unity occurs only through love, and differentiates. A false unity would be putting two together in a master/slave relationship. Cybernetic causality(Self-Determinacy) vs Endomorphic causality (Intrinsic Self-Determinacy). 

Speaking in soothing tones, is playing on the cybernetic causality.

I watched a video from Aaron Abke one day and he mentions two ways of development - path of love (feminine energy) and path of wisdom (masculine energy).

Path of love is more drastic and faster, where path of wisdom is a slower one.

As Aaron mentions in one of his videos, Osho is "a corrupted guru", he chose full wisdom path, he spent all his life reading books, fucking spiritual bitches. But that's just an idea I got from a Youtube video, I don't know the full story. 

The fact is - when you look into Osho's eyes - he looks like he is dead inside to me. 

6 hours ago, Spiral_Wizardry_Fan said:

@Vido There is a lot of content here that can help you understand more about Osho

https://www.osho.com/read

Was just going through it yesterday & it turned out to be pretty fascinating.

@Spiral_Wizardry_Fan

http://oshoworld.com/e-books/

Check this out too. This is a whole library of E-books

Edited by Nightwise

Instead of trying to make the right decision, make your decisions right.

Let's get to your question, OP.

Be very careful when you start judging certain statements from certain people. ESPECIALLY be careful when that person is Osho. Osho doesn't care about contradicting himself. Osho doesn't mind offending or shocking people. In fact, that is a large part of his trade. He does that for a very deliberate reason.

When you feel a certain resistance against a certain statement coming up, start looking at yourself first instead of judging the statement or the person who made the statement. It may be the case that you misinterpret it. Or it may be the case that you are biased to believe one thing but not another thing. Look at yourself first, and ask yourself if perhaps there is something about this statement that I fail to understand or appreciate because my awareness is not yet high enough to understand what is actually meant.

This particular statement that Osho I said I find an interesting one. With Osho you never want to take his statements at face value, but you want to actually think about how this statement can potentially be interpreted in a way that is more in alignment with Truth.

When he says that hatred can unite is it instantly clear to me what he probably meant. Just look at war. In war, the hatred gets channeled and projected towards an enemy. There is a division between "our army" and "their army", but at the same time this intense hostility bonds together people who want to fight together and alongside each other for the same cause. Hatred divides larger groups, but unites smaller groups (against the larger enemy group).

You'd expect for instance that Neo-nazis can get along well and unite with other neo-nazi's as well. 

And love cannot unite? Well... I feel like in some context love definitely unites. But I feel that love cannot unite the way hatred can. I feel like true, deep love is more universal, not directed towards particular groups or parties or people. It's perhaps less interested to form something and rather wants to share something.

I think Osho is probably talking about egos here. Maybe what Osho meant to say was: "Love cannot unite the way hatred can". Hatred can unite egos very well. It is a very toxic, dark kind of unity, but a sort of unity is there nevertheless. Love can also unite, but it cannot unite in the same way that an ego can unite. It unites in a different fashion.

I've heard Osho say that true love is like a sun. It shines it love upon whoever comes into contact with it, but it doesn't choose or direct where to send the love to.

Anyway, as you can see, there are different ways to think about this particular statement. I don't fully understand either what exactly Osho meant with his statement, but there is so much I myself stil don't understand and there is still so much philosophy that could be delved into, that I'm not going to discard Osho's statement just because I don't fully understand it.

To appreciate Osho you have to be very much willing to not attach yourself to his words so much, and just see what he's trying to do: He's just throwing many different perspectives around in order to get you to detach from certain beliefs and idealogies you have attached yourself to. He's in fact very deliberately trying to trigger and offend people because the point where they get triggered is exactly the point where there ignorance is.

In order to appreciate Osho you have to be very much willing to not take his statements so seriously. Read/listen to him not in the way where you analyze and try to fact-check, but read him in the way like you would read a novel or listen to music. Don't let there be a wrong or right when reading him. Just try to have some admiration and wonder for the many different perspectives and possibilities he is throwing at you. Just marvel at it, wonder about it, but don't try to agree or disagree with hm whilst reading him. 

Because don't you see what you're doing? If you only can come to respect someone you absolutely 100% share their ideas and viewpoints with, you will literally find nobody on earth that you can respect and look up to.

But if for instance Osho shares 90% of what you consider to be great and significant wisdom, and 10% of what you consider to be "bullshit", then why not skip over the bullshit and appreciate the wisdom that you feel he does have to share, instead of discarding him as a person altogether just because there are a couple of points you felt triggered or offended by

Even better would be to question yourself and your own assumptions when you encounter a part where you feel triggered, but the next best thing to do is to just skip over that part where you don't feel comfortable with and get to another part in the book which you do feel inspired by.

Edited by Nightwise

Instead of trying to make the right decision, make your decisions right.