Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trancedreamer

Joseph Beuys

4 posts in this topic

What is your Opinion about the artist Joseph Beuys, his works and his theories and concepts of Society.

I think he made a huge impact on contemporary artists, the way we see and understand art and its correlation with politics, activism and even Personal Development.

I also think that he had interesting Ideas about how everyone can change Society and Humankind for the good.

Maybe some of his concepts, ideas and motivations could help people who are doing Personal Development and / or want to leave an impact on Society.

If you have not heard of him I'll post some useful videos, material and quotes of him down below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Beuys

http://www.art-quotes.com/auth_search.php?authid=818#.XgaW4_wxlPY

Art alone makes life possible - this is how radically I should like to formulate it. I would say that without art man is inconceivable in physiological terms. (Joseph Beuys)

Here my idea is to declare that art is the only possibility for evolution, the only possibility to change the situation in the world. But then you have to enlarge the idea of art to include the whole creativity. And if you do that, it follows logically that every living being is an artist - an artist in the sense that he can develop his own capacity. And therefore it's necessary at first that society cares about the educational system, that equality of opportunity for self-realization is guaranteed. (Joseph Beuys)

Art is, then, a genuinely human medium for revolutionary change in the sense of completing the transformation from a sick world to a healthy one. In my opinion only art is capable of doing it. (Joseph Beuys)

I'm really conviced that Joseph Beuys is a good example for being a truely creative and influential artist.

When I think about the advice that Leo always mentions in his videos that " You should see yourself as an artist in life." I really think Joseph Beuys was one of the first modern artists and visionarys who spread this message of everyone being an artist in its own way.