Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoothedByRain

Stage Purple / Red Examples - 2019/2020

17 posts in this topic

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

Add other videos that you have seen, when and if you care to

Add others as 2020 goes on

Edited by SoothedByRain

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

I know Leo has advised not to apply the spiral on fictional characters, but this example is very accurate. 

In the Warhammer universe, from the famous board games and the total war franchise, this race of 'Ratmen' aka the Skaven represent stages purple and red society perfectly. @SoothedByRainPlease do check them out because I think this is very very accurate, especially the first video I linked. 

Society and psychology:

Stage Red individuals:

Edited by Derek White
Emboldened and colored some words.

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

Look at what Trump has just done. Epitome of stage Red.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

I love a good fight.

Get on your fucking knees, bitch!

Edited by CreamCat

Genghis Khan was arguably one of the fiercest warlords to ever live. He raped and pillaged his way through Eurasia, but also paved the way for Blue to eventually emerge.

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

@Husseinisdoingfine "I've died everytime I carried a child in my arms. Better me, then them"

There is a lot of modern stage red tribal behavior in this heartbreaking movie.
The story is made up, but the historical context is quite true.
It touches topics like Macedonian-Albanian and Christian-Muslim conflicts in the region.
I've watched it many times, it brings me to tears every time.

Edited by Yog

In Russia we have A.U.E. - it's a very widespread criminal organization, I wouldn't call it well hidden as wiki says because they're everywhere and people know about it. It consists mostly of teenagers. It's hidden in plain sight, basically. Also, it's not like kids stop going to school after they join it, so parents may not know that their children are part of this gang. I think it's a good example of stage red behaviour.

There isn't much information on this stuff in English, so I hope one day VICE will make a documentary about this thing. They covered very well a lot of stuff about Russia in the past.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.U.E.

Just an update to this thread. I'll add in the extra context because it seems I wasn't clear enough.

My intention was to garner real life happenings that had taken place over 2019 and were unfurling Now, during 2020. All my links in the first section of this thread are from 2019.

Post what you like, I'm not bothered. Just thought I'd define what my intention with starting this thread was. 

Warhammer and poorly crafted prison movies weren't what I had in mind :P Since we're on fiction and old clips here are a few goldies . . .

Seems like Red, one of its positives, might be telling the truth raw.  Being brutally honest.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

19 hours ago, Johnny5 said:

Healthy purple (from Leo's blog):

@Johnny5 This was filmed by that Belgian ethnographer Duttilex and his assistant cameraman in the early 2000s, correct me if I am mistaken. It's been 20 or more years I hope that the Toulambi are still around and doing well as a tribe and cooperating and getting help and assistance from the locals and the government since the awareness raised from the doc to at least preserve themselves as tribe while healthfully and steadily integrating to the rest of New Guinea contemporary society.

I watched it whole as a side project for my former anthropology class earlier in the semester, it's beautiful exposure to see in footage how animistic beliefs and magical thinking operate real-time in people's behavior and perception of phenomena they experience in reality with little or none knowledge and outside influence of the working's and stories we tell ourselves in the modern world. And also, in my opinion, it demonstrates in real-time how in this human interaction how racism amongst white colonists slowly developed and took root in developed colonial and later industrial societies as means to exploit these people and use them as free labor with no rights. Since a lot of tribes earlier in human history around the world like the Toulambi today in New Guinea who haven't seen an alive white man in person before, immediately, as it is natural in their small community dependent on the immediate natural surroundings view of reality and inter-generational transmitted tales, origin myths of their tribe, and ancestral beliefs, associated their white skin appearance with the white bones of their dead ancestors and saw them through the only lens they knew as a small tribal community as the immortal living dead who with the technology they brought with them must have magical powers of creation of the gods and are maybe equal in power as the gods who control the natural world themselves. And the red, blue and maybe even orange stage seized this opportunity of the powers of advanced technology and equipment they at the time acquired and possessed that these people associated with their skin color and started using it to justify racial oppression and exploitation against them (primarily to get free, subservient and disposable physical labor from them) and started after setting up these systems of segregation and oppression to keep them out of all possible free time privileges, educational and personal developmental opportunities reserved for the whites when keeping these slaves out of the wealth that with the use of their labor they generated for themselves wondered why are they not on the same level as they are while barring all opportunity for them started believing their own racist bullshit - that these people are not the same human genus as them, that they are doomed to be stuck in a child-like state of development so exploiting them is fine and is the only useful thing to do with them and that since they are doomed to be inferior to whites, and some went so far to think that maybe they have even different primate ancestors, therefore their human life is not the worth the same as a white man's life. So you can see the potential for the tragic and atrocious history of racism unfolding through the doc by manipulating innocence and misunderstanding for selfish and closed-hearted personal gain - that's the real-time lesson I got from it when watching it.

Sorry I hope didn't bore you and that I am not too intrusive with this whole paragraph of comment since you shared that clip I spent in awe watching that documentary and thinking about it for a while after wanted to share some of my input since deeply got ingrained in my memory and those beautiful humans in it.

Edited by Milos Uzelac

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

This is in Hindi but this is such an amazing example of Stage Red!! It's a crime show episode which shows white-collar crime and rapacious con-artistry. Also shows how Red can exploit the compassion of Green.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOSnxGrqROM

How Stage Red thinks : 'If I steal $100 from you, that's $100 more in my pocket. Therefore it's not wrong!! The law don't apply to me cuz I don't follow it.'

Edited by Parththakkar12

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

More examples of Stage Red :

1. The character 'Ugly' in the movie 'The Good, The Bad and the Ugly'
  2. The Joker in 'The Dark Knight'. Dialogues : 'I don't make plans. I just DO stuff. I take everyone's plans and turn them on their heads for fun!' (Impulsive egocentrism as opposed to Stage Orange's ability to be goal-oriented and strategic)

Edited by Parththakkar12

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee