PlayOnWords

5-MeO & Trauma

18 posts in this topic

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with using 5-MeO-DMT to revisit old trauma/PTSD and to move through it and put it to rest? 

I have told my therapist that I want to try it but she has recommended against it considering my past drug use. 

However, more recently I have stopped using drugs with the exception of psychedelics. Psychedelics have given me many profound experiences and don't give me negative consequences. In fact, when I was using drugs I believe I developed some sort of PTSD from the negative things I experienced. Then after I stopped using them, I took a solo Lsd trip looking for some answers, used the Neti Neti method, and the next few days were amazing. No shakiness or intense anxiety and Paranoia until the old patterns eventually re-emerged after a few days. 

Can I use 5-MeO-Dmt to work through my trauma and break free or not? 

@PlayOnWords There is no shortcut. You want to unwire mental patterns built and strengthened across decades. It will take a few years.

unborn Truth

@PlayOnWords I've never tried 5-MeO-DMT, so I can't really say.

I guess Ayahuasca is what you're looking for, since it's strongly related to cases of people learning how to cope with trauma.

unborn Truth

5 hours ago, PlayOnWords said:

Can I use 5-MeO-Dmt to work through my trauma and break free or not? 

Yes, but be careful what you wish for. It won't necessarily be easy.

There are also better psychedelics for trauma healing than 5-MeO-DMT.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I would recommend Ayahuasca and psilocybin mushrooms, on low doses, for your case. But think realistically about psychedelics; can you maintain a readily accessible source of psychedelics, and how? Sometimes whoever you get psychedelics from won't be available all the time/might be shut down, or your finite energy and finance limit your access to these tools. I could only access these psychedelics from traveling, and that costs money and energy, at best once a month or longer. In my case, I had to research other ways that are faster and more accessible.

Also, check out NLP and hypnosis. Not as powerful as psychedelics, but more readily available and you could significantly reduce some negatives states in the meantime, maybe long enough for you yo use psychedelics. Good luck.

People can respond differently to 5-meo, yet for me it’s not the best for de-conditioning / releasing trauma. It’s too transcendent to that personal stuff. On 5-meo, the personal story dissolves and there is no “me”. There is no more concern for “me” than a beetle caught in a rainstorm in Africa. 

14 minutes ago, PlayOnWords said:

@Leo Gura @Serotoninluv would you guys also recommend mushrooms/ayahuasca? Any others potentially better than 5-meo for this type of thing? 

Both can be good. For me, Aya was my most profound personal trip, yet there are complications with Aya regarding preparation and purging. I’ve also had a few releasing trips on shrooms. 

Yet the vast majority of my trips have nothing to do with “me”. It is transcendent and that “me” is irrelevant. Yet I could see how that transcendence could be partially curative at the personal level, or it could complicate things at first. Psychedelics can be transformative, yet quite often there is a process of work, skill development, integration and embodiment. Or one can get lucky and have a facet of awakening that just happens. 

You might want to consider a relatively mild psychedelic like Al-lad or San Pedro. As well, Shamanic breathing can be helpful. From what you’ve described, I would start off cautious. 

Yeah, mild psychedelics are the best for fixing non-spiritual life problems.

Mushrooms or 4-HO-MET are easiest to source relative to how simple they are to use.

Skip the Aya for now. Ever notice how a lot of people who are into Aya, and have done dozens of ceremonies, are still fucked up? 

Read this What MDMA Therapy Did For Me and then How to Get Started with Planet Medicine Therapy.

Tucker Max is the last person I ever thought would write about Trauma so that says a lot. 

He's friends with Tim Ferris who is a huge supporter of psychedelic therapy, and MAPS.

Also, feel free to PM me if you're interested in trauma therapies. 

Edited by halo
Added words

For theraputic work I like psychedelics which are longer lasting. Anything that lasts 4-6 hrs should be good.

LSD, mushrooms, DPT and the like.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@PlayOnWords i had amazing results using 5-meo to heal trauma and uncover subconscious patterns of behavior. Same for mushrooms

Read about Ibogaine therapy.  It's like years of therapy In 24 hours. But do your research first. 

somatic experiencing therapy (peter levine), other kinds of body based therapies and breath work are much safer, MDMA as well through an experienced therapist is quite safe as well.

there are a lot of unforeseen problematic side effects when it comes to releasing stored up emotions with psychedelics. you can re traumatize yourself and cause psychotic experiences which only make healing more difficult. add to that a layer of existential stuff which from my experience only confuses when it comes to healing. stick to safer alternatives and be careful about people proselytizing their chosen medicine as a magic pill "1 ceremony is 10 years of therapy" "people leave completely healed". I fell for that once with people deep into Ayahuasca. while promising, psychedelics are risky (especially the really strong ones like any of the DMT based medicines. be very, very careful) and there just isn't that infrastructure and systems established to catch, treat vulnerable patients, and see them through to a grounded place with integration. It isn't just taking a medicine and ta da you're healed. MDMA is just starting to develop a safe and ethical healing approach system around it, not just 10 people taking a fuck ton in one room together with no screening or any sort of intake.

Edited by SunnyNewDay

2 hours ago, SunnyNewDay said:

somatic experiencing therapy (peter levine), other kinds of body based therapies and breath work are much safer, MDMA as well through an experienced therapist is quite safe as well.

there are a lot of unforeseen problematic side effects when it comes to releasing stored up emotions with psychedelics. you can re traumatize yourself and cause psychotic experiences which only make healing more difficult. add to that a layer of existential stuff which from my experience only confuses when it comes to healing. stick to safer alternatives and be careful about people proselytizing their chosen medicine as a magic pill "1 ceremony is 10 years of therapy" "people leave completely healed". I fell for that once with people deep into Ayahuasca. while promising, psychedelics are risky (especially the really strong ones like any of the DMT based medicines. be very, very careful) and there just isn't that infrastructure and systems established to catch, treat vulnerable patients, and see them through to a grounded place with integration. It isn't just taking a medicine and ta da you're healed. MDMA is just starting to develop a safe and ethical healing approach system around it, not just 10 people taking a fuck ton in one room together with no screening or any sort of intake.

THIS.

2 hours ago, 4th-jhana said:

Read about Ibogaine therapy.  It's like years of therapy In 24 hours. But do your research first. 

Please don't go this way. I know a lot of people who have come out really fucked up and haven't been the same since. I'm not against Iboga just that you shouldn't START with it for trauma.