• unleashed an existential crisis 
  • made you laugh/cry
  • were thought-provoking / shattered your belief systems
  • helped you grow
  • can be described with "utter mindfuck"
  • you can remember to this day due to your amazement of them
  • need to be shared

All of the above for me ?

@Pacific Sage I just finished the film. Blown away. One of the most powerful end scenes I've ever seen. Goes to show. A lot of the reviews complained it was too slow but for me it was super intense. Thanks for that. Literally buzzing now!

3 hours ago, Bill W said:

@Pacific Sage I just finished the film. Blown away. One of the most powerful end scenes I've ever seen. Goes to show. A lot of the reviews complained it was too slow but for me it was super intense. Thanks for that. Literally buzzing now!

The ending totally is!! Goose bumps.

I also liked the part where she explains that we are similar to the earthworms that are not able to experience light all around them. In a way we too have teotl all around us and not experience it.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

6 hours ago, Pacific Sage said:

The ending totally is!! Goose bumps.

I also liked the part where she explains that we are similar to the earthworms that are not able to experience light all around them. In a way we too have teotl all around us and not experience it.

Yes! That was super powerful. Basically saying that because the worm doesn't have the sight sense, it doesn't mean sight doesn't exist, and therefore just because human's don't have the spirit sense, it doesn't mean spirit doesn't exist. Great way of looking at it. As far as the worm is concerned there is no such thing as vision, just as many humans believe there is no such thing as spirit.

Oh man, I can't thank you enough for this, seriously. I watched the ending again late last night and nearly cried. I felt like I really, really loved that little Indian girl. Like she was my daughter or something. 

@Pacific Sage

For reality bending movies: Shutter island - DiCaprio movie about a detective who is investigating in a psychiatric hospital, this movie will play with your mind ;) 

2 hours ago, Bill W said:

Yes! That was super powerful. Basically saying that because the worm doesn't have the sight sense, it doesn't mean sight doesn't exist, and therefore just because human's don't have the spirit sense, it doesn't mean spirit doesn't exist. Great way of looking at it. As far as the worm is concerned there is no such thing as vision, just as many humans believe there is no such thing as spirit.

Oh man, I can't thank you enough for this, seriously. I watched the ending again late last night and nearly cried. I felt like I really, really loved that little Indian girl. Like she was my daughter or something. 

@Pacific Sage

Exactly!! As far as the worm is concerned there is no such thing as vision or light. I have watched this movie multiple times ?

Spoilers ahead-

If you notice the correct answers also have a pattern like love was correct and universe and yoga too.

So glad you enjoyed the movie as I did. The lift scene is where it got a whole lot heavy for me too! Oh man.

Edited by Pacific Sage

Big Fish

Run Lola Run

Good Will Hunting

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Waking Life

Matrix

----

I'll edit if I think of some more 

2001 A Space Odissey
Into The Wild
Life is Beautiful
Waking Life
Fight Club
A Clockwork Orange
Lynch's art
Matrix
Big Fish

These are the first ones that come to mind

I watched a Beautiful Mind last night, really liked it.

Parasite is a classic for 2019

•The Holy Mountain

•Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring

The fault in our stars? ; this is the only movie that made me cry the most. It has very deep, touching story. And I felt that the depth of the love in it despite very difficult life-circumstances is what affected me the most. 

Cloud Atlas is amazing!! that sextet <3

• Black Swan
  • Moonlight
  • Green Book
  • Glass Castle
  • Captain Fantastic
  • Pay it back
  • K-PAX
  • Vanilla sky

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Haven't seen these couple mentioned yet.. (shout out to Walking Life!)

I Heart Huckabees

Inner Worlds, Outer Worlds series - On Youtube

Samadhi series - found on Youtube  

Kymatica - Found on Youtube - starts out with more "spiritual" stuff and then heads into government / society 

Zietgiest opening on religion recycling was powerful

Aeronauts - highly recommended impossible deeds of felicity jones.