MNR Mackey

Epistemology

4 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura

Heeeeyyyyyy, Leo there!

Been reading a few books based is philosophy lately such as Epictetus' The Art Of Living, Marcus Aurelius' The Meditations and Plato's Republic

You've mentioned in your videos that you studied Philosophy, particularly Epistemology in University and I was wondering if you could be bothered to point me toward some texts and/or other resources so I can be better educated in this field. Anything at all would be very much appreciated. 

Merry Christmas

A very appreciative fan

What you’re looking for is the book list.

There's an Epistemology section with gems in there. Totally worth it.

Edited by UnbornTao

@Arzola

Omfg...

I have the book list (huuuuge fan, highly recommend) and didnt even notice there was a section on epistemology. I must have seen "Metaphysics" and unconsciously glazed over the "epistemology" bit. That's awesome, thank you. But also, I was wondering what material was assigned to Leo in his University education in the way of text books. 

Ive heard Leo mention that studying epistemology opened up a whole new world for him and helped him sort of get to the root of understanding for everything (makes sense, since it's the theory of knowledge (how we know what we know)). I believe this was mentioned in his episode "The Ultimate Model Of Human Knowledge" 

As an addition, Leo's list of books is truly a masterpiece. When I first bought it, there were a lot of books that appealed to me (the entry level basic self help stuff; (productivity, emotional mastery, etc.) but as I read these entry level books, then later came back to the list for more reading material, I noticed there were other categories that I was now interested in that previous I wasn't.

If you haven't bought Leo's book list yet, it's worth every penny and more. 

Edited by MNR Mackey
Edit

@Arzola

Thanks for pointing out what was right under my nose. Now that Im perusing that section of the booklist, I'm seeing that there's a gold mine of material there. Merry Christmas!

Edited by MNR Mackey