Umar

The Witcher 3 Spiral Dynamics Stage?

16 posts in this topic

Where would you peg the whole story line of The Witcher 3 Videogame and both of its expansions?

What about Geralt?

Ciri?

Yennefer?

I,  considering myself as an Orange, feel like The game is somewhere between orange green. 

What are your thoughts? 

Edited by Umar

The World is between Blue and Red, with Orange at best in the cities.

Some people are higher, with Gerald reaching into yellow

Greetings

@Umar Dude, it's a fiction.

Spiral Dynamics is a scientific model that is created using questionaires of actual humans in the 21st century.

Don't think you can now apply it indiscriminately to things like Mickey Mouse.

Have an appreciation for the limits of scientific modeling.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thats goofing arround in my mind. Models get better the more one plays with it.

Maybe someone will discuss in 2 weeks on which stage spongebob squarepants is... ahaha^^

It's an amazing game series made from a lot of love so the developers who created it we're operating from the green paradigm ;)

@Leo Gura Haha, you used Spock and The Vulcans as an example in your Stage Yellow lecture. You sacrilegious fiend.

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

@SoothedByRain

Wasn't Star Trek, at least the newer ones, build with Spiral Dynamics in mind? He said that, but I find no evidence in the fookin' interwebs, maaan.

@SoothedByRain Star Trek races were designed to match Clare Graves' stages.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

lqib6.jpg

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

As Leo said it's a different system, but still there is a evolution going on in witchers world, in other words here is my theory; overall more you help there is higher chance of survival. In very harsh conditions  it's hard to maintain darwinian type survival. I suggest to read Kropotkin - Mutual aid if you interested. 

Witcher 3 has some amazing story plots. Geralt's assessment of a situation feels a little bit nuanced. I thought it would be fun to discuss on the witcher series. It might be fiction but i think we can get something useful out of it. 

What about the writer of the witcher book series, Andrzej Sapkowski? Seems like he is in Stage Green.

@Umar

I don't know the Author, not even listen to an interview or something like that. Why do you think he's in Green? I don't find green values in the stories, even though the Orm obviously flew through the author.

watched some of the episodes yesterday...interesting the talk about chaos channeling but then again the paying equivalent and everything has a price - kind of bad spell and not green at all, in my perception, unfortunately too much dusty paradigm and sadly enough therefore a trashing of symbolism, like the mentioning of vortexes and chaos in a superficial concept. don’t know how the game is... for someone who never had any awakenings to chaos vortexes and witchery it might be more appealing. although somehow it’s interesting that how did you say the orm flew through the author.

Edited by remember