traveler

This is funny asf

11 posts in this topic

I've been casually reading all of these enlightenment quotes saying to myself "oh yeah so true, I definitely get what that means." But I went through the quotes on the forum and something in me wanted to deconstruct what it actually meant. I starred at this picture for so fucking long trying to actually get what the fuck this simple ass quote meant but it just did not make any sense, and I found that funny asf and very liberating. Stop looking for answers. The joke is on you.

20191223_013538.jpg

Maybe it means: What you're after (what you seek) is to be searching (seeking) yourself

idk, it doesn't really make sense to me either

@Autumn

You are what you're looking for.

But you cannot find it like you do an object lost in the world out there. You can only discover this or realize this. 

It's like if your eyes were trying to look for themselves... 

Turn inwards...

@traveler yes. The stopping off the search is liberating indeed, especially when the futility of that seeking is seen, which actually is simultaneous to when the seeking truly ends... After finding whatever you're looking for, why would you continue looking for it? :D

Edited by SoonHei

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

I understood it first as the Law of Attraction.

And then I saw it was deeper than that, that you're only ever looking for yourself.

Edited by Amandine

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

What you seek, is seeking you.

My rough understanding of this quote:
I search for Truth, Love, my True Nature.
And Truth, Love always wants to help me to realize that I am It.
The only problem is my resistance to it.

In other words, what you seek is always here to help you, just stop resisting :) 
You are the only obstacle to this realization.

@SoonHei any feedback on my quick contemplation? ;) 

Edited by dimitri

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@dimitri hmmm

Dog chasing its own tail ?

Also, the seeking/quote used here refers to the spiritual seeking... Not really about helping...

But yes. The seeking is what results when there's ignorance present. 

The seeker/you ARE the resistance... Not the one resisting.

I like this one aswell, the fish in the water can never find the water if it's looking for it.

if the fish is searching for water... It means there's ignorance for the fish about what water is... As it is never not in the water. The search/seeking implies ignorance. The seeking ends once it is realized what is being looked for was always here/now...

4 hours ago, dimitri said:

You are the only obstacle to this realization.

Indeed. 100%!

And what is this "you"? It is the seeker.

You = seeker. You is the fish looking for water.  

And when would a seeker be present? When there's a search.

Doesn't mean to just drop the search... That would be quitting. Search truly ends with the realization that nothing was ever lost = finding/discovering what's being searched for. (Yourself) 

Eyes don't suddenly find themselves. They realize they are themselves

Edited by SoonHei

Love Is The Answer

8 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@dimitri hmmm

Dog chasing its own tail ?

Also, the seeking/quote used here refers to the spiritual seeking... Not really about helping...

But yes. The seeking is what results when there's ignorance present. 

The seeker/you ARE the resistance... Not the one resisting.

I like this one aswell, the fish in the water the fish in the water can never find the water if it's looking for it.

if the fish is searching for water... It means there's ignorance for the fish about what water is... As it is never not in the water. The search/seeking implies ignorance. The seeking ends once it is realized what is being looked for was always here/now...

Indeed. 100%!

And what is this "you"? It is the seeker.

You = seeker. You is the fish looking for water.  

And when would a seeker be present? When there's a search.

Doesn't mean to just drop the search... That would be quitting. Search truly ends with the realization that nothing was ever lost = finding/discovering what's being searched for. (Yourself) 

Eyes don't suddenly find themselves. They realize they are themselves

The problem then is how to bring the realization about

@Blissout there isn't a how.

There is only increasing the likelihood of the realization to happen. But still no guarantee.

Like trying to get struck by lightening. Going on top of a mountain with a metal rod during a thunderstorm increase the chances but you still may not get struck... Vs a random passer by on the street can be hit :)

Another way to understand the no "how" is picturing someone who wears glasses. Let's say Harry Potter. Now harry Potter is searching for his Glasses all over his room. He has been searching for them for 5 hours. Under the bed, in the drawers, behind the cabinet etc etc... No luck. Then he finally sits down, tired from the search when it's finally clear... So very obvious... His glasses were on his face the whole time... In the ignorance of this fact, he had been overlooking and looking right thru them while searching for them. 

Where is the HOW? there's no how. There's only the realization. Sure, a mirror can help in the Harry Potter story... But not with self realization... Because there is no mirror which can show you your face... Because the mirror is also your face. 

Teeth cannot chew themselves

Finger tip cannot touch itself

Eyes cannot see themselves

REALIZE. RECOGNIZE

No how.

How to increase the likelihood? Meditation. Quiten the mind/thoughts... Distractions... 

Like Harry Potter... When he was too busy looking thru the glasses he overlooked them but when his focus turned front and very immediate, he saw the lens. That's the "how"

And that "how" is infinitely varied. 

Love Is The Answer

2 hours ago, SoonHei said:

I like this one aswell, the fish in the water the fish in the water can never find the water if it's looking for it.

@SoonHei nice, thank you.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x