aklacor727

Should I go deeper into this work?

15 posts in this topic

I'm interested in the concept of enlightenment,  the nature of reality, etc which is why I follow all of the content here. It's a conceptual understanding, have not had any major direct experiences.  Recently purchased the Book of Not Knowing to fine tune my understanding and possibly take myself to the next level as far as direct experiences. However, I'm a little scared because of all that I hear about how this path can trigger depression. (Dealt with depression pretty badly only 2 years ago, and have been in a happy place since then.) Should I be afraid, or go deeper into this work? I see it as unlikely I will actually become enlightened. So should I avoid the direct experiences to stay on a happier path? Maybe just see how I feel about it after a while longer? What would be your advice here... 

You can't half-ass this path and expect to get enlightened. You can have lots of direct experiences of Truth into a lot of different facets. It's not that after these experiences, boom, you are enlightened. You have to integrate them and allign your experience with them. If you don't go all out, there can be lots of mind impurities left causing things like depression. They are just residues of your ego. Enlightenment is trancendance of your ego. You have to go all out. The spiritual path isn't for everyone I think. Ego is sneaky, and will not let itself get killed that easy. You'll have to put the work in. Believing that enlightenment is out of reach for you is a trap.

Up to you, what if I would advice if you really want to go that path is to start by contemplating on some topics one by one that could make you break, like strange loops, free will vs no free will,meaningless vs meaning , if you can't mentally accept such things , then you should probably stay away from this until you can, as it can get very uncomfortable.

Look for topics in forum , it can help you get trough them faster.

My advice, altough probably looked down upon here, is no. This comes from my direct experience of having gone full circle.

You are in sleep right now. But you say you are happy. Stay happy.

Going out of this sleep is an intense thing.

Enjoy being in sleep.

It's in sleep that we enjoy a sunrise as it is. It is in this supposed sleep that we literally see another as they are. It's in sleep... That we are alive.

While the one having awoken permantly, sees himself in all. Instead of enjoying a sunrise as it is, he sees even it as himself. He is not alive, he is literally dead inside. His ego, the most precious thing in existence, has literally died.

And so has his very precious life... The very life God created for us. Exactly as it is right now, as it IS.

Your choice of course. Just giving you my advice ?

@aklacor727 If you feel like you're completely over your depression and dealt with the patterns that caused it, you probably will be better suited for this work than someone who haven't had a depression. But if these patterns aren't completely resolved they are going to resurface once you have your awakening and you have to deal with them then.

@aklacor727 You might be better off doing 5-10 years of basic self-help work, until you are ready to go deep.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thank you all for your input. 

@Leo Gura maybe you're right.  Its just tough because on my free time I like to learn and my interest is of the type of deep content you talk about, it just feels odd putting it off on the back burner as just an idea. I do want to be smart about whether I go further though,  because I don't want to get trapped in a sort of limbo depressing half awakening or something of that sort 

@WelcometoReality not sure if they're completely resolved but I do feel like I've become very conscious of alot of the dynamics that lead to it, leading me to change those dynamics and be in the happier place that I am. If they aren't resolved though, I would actually love nothing more than to resolve and deal with them. Which now that I'm thinking through this,  will possibly lead to depression or at the least extreme uncomfortableness. So I guess I am more open to the idea of somewhat suffering through things than I thought, if it ultimately leads me to be a more free happier being.  

@aklacor727 I'm in a similar situation as you I think. I would start a meditation practice, for as a long a duration as you think is realistic. Then examine why you want to pursue enlightenment in the first place. Maybe the why can be accomplished without going through the enlightenment process.

All roads lead to the truth so you will get there eventually, so just focus on taking care of yourself first. There is no rush to be enlightened imo.

Edited by Raptorsin7

@Raptorsin7 I think this is probably best too. I think when I'm ready I'll know

Just the fact that I posted this actually tells me I'm not ready lol. I'll just see how I feel about it after a while ? 

@aklacor727 make a Archive of what you can improve on and the situation.

Make sure to add The Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How. Among anything else you can ask yourself.

It will be a great tool for whenever you drop into Enlightenment.

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

@aklacor727  Enlightenment is simply recognizing what is already true.

There is no you inside the human body... take a look around try to find yourself in the body... where are you?

Where is this sense of ME?

Turn within and ask yourself who am I?  where am I?... is this sense of ME located in the head? Are you in the neck or shoulders? Are you in the arms or the legs the stomach or the chest? Are you in the feet or the hands ...where the heck are you?

Keep looking see if you can find yourself..

Enlightenment isn't seeking or gaining of knowledge. It's the falling away in the belief of a ME.

Nobody becomes enlightened because there is nobody in the body.

Keep looking for yourself within... you will find the answer!!!

I can possibly save you years... just try to find yourself ❤

There's nothing else to seek... just try to find yourself in your body.

Good luck ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@aklacor727 It took many years for my intellectual and metaphysical curiosity to develop into a serious pursuit of awakening. You don't just start serious spiritual practice overnight. You gotta mature into it through learning, study, and basic self-help. So your desire to learn is all good. It's just the early stages of this process.

Start by making your life the way you want it to be, before you go chasing enlightenment. Learn how to survive well.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@aklacor727 you're done, you already know there's a thing called 'Enlightenment', you're gonna star meditation any time soon. ?

@Jonac lol yes I feel blessed to even know of such a thing ? 

@Leo Gura thank you, absolutely. No sense in rushing this stuff. I've been really into the basics for prly about 5 years now, and the deeper stuff about a year and a half when I discovered your content. Before that read a couple Osho books but they didn't resonate much at that point lol. Still alot more to incorporate with the basic things though, just being more mindful on a daily basis is a huge one I always try to stay aware of. I'm sure when I'm ready to dive further it will feel right at that time. Thank you and happy holidays ?