dude

Overthinking And Overthinking Overthinking

8 posts in this topic

What's up!

When I discovered meditation I did it I just flipped the swich and did it because I saw all the benefits. Mainly I thought it would help me with overthinking things. Now one year later after I meditated every day for 20 minutes before I go to bed (and yes I skipped like 15 days in one year but lets not talk about that:). ) I still overthink a lot espicially in social interactions and business.

This for my business it means that a lot of the time I spend my time thinking instead of doing and with social interactions I feel disatisfied. I know that it is not good that I think overthinking is a problem and this just makes it a problem but,

Does anyone do the same or does anyone have any tips for me, do i need to meditate more or is that not the thing?

Thanks in advanced

peace Y

Try to bring your the stillness of your meditation into your everyday life. While you're going about your day, notice that your mind wanders and bring it back to the present moment. Badically just merge your "everyday self" with your "meditating self."

I figured that out already, from time to time I have long streches where I feel very present but a lot of the times I forget and judge my overthinking. I shouldn't judge it I should be mindfull of it but let it flow I think..

In my experience with this sort of thing I have found that noticing when I overthink is the key factor. When I notice this tendency in myself i find it best to label it, let it be, and move back to what is going on right now. Minds are very conditioned to judge things. Why is that necessarily a bad thing? It is just information you gather as long as you believe it may not be accurate.

suggestion: the next time you notice your mind wandering... focus on your breath... try consciously to hold your breath and breathe in and out for longer periods... this will bring you back to the present moment.

I have problems with overthinking too, really helpful advices here.

I found the meditation exercise that leo uploaded on youtube, where you have to focus to the outside without thinking, just note the object, then name it with the sense that you are using (see, hear or feel) and then observe it without judging, without analyzing it and then save it on a part of your memory. It helped me to be more focused and not to think so much...

this is the link to that video:

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

I already watched the video but didn't use the technique. I will watch it again and use it thanks

you can agree with your mind that you might have to much thought. but you cannot have to much noticing that you have thought. Tell yourself to do nothing. For the next 5 minutes write down anything that emerges. After 5 minutes try to make sense of anything that happened