Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Felli

personality whilst dissolving ego

6 posts in this topic

Is there a balance in creating + picking up personality traits that you feel comfortable with expressing and then not identifying with them, and if so, how? would it obstruct the faster way into becoming the enlightened being?

5 minutes ago, Felli said:

Is there a balance in creating + picking up personality traits that you feel comfortable with expressing and then not identifying with them, and if so, how? would it obstruct the faster way into becoming the enlightened being?

The person is precious, a way of expressing yourself. 

Don't get identified with it. It's just a character you are playing out, like in a video game.

Be a nice character. 

You have no idea what it requires to become this "enlightened" being. I would rather be non-enlightened. 

I like money, sex, red bull, weed, stimulus. 

I like my body, mind, emotions, sensations. 

The idea of transcending my body, my ego and mind, be in utter silence in some cave - that doesn't resonate with me. 

The idea of seeing everything as One Absolute, seeing my unique self in all, love all, become some kind of sadhguru super human - that insanity doesn't resonate with me. 

3 hours ago, Highest said:

The idea of seeing everything as One Absolute, seeing my unique self in all, love all, become some kind of sadhguru super human - that insanity doesn't resonate with me. 

Fair enough, thanks for the response

@Felli Drop the desire to be player 1 Rigby and enlightenment isn't far away. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

8 hours ago, Felli said:

We learn from an early age to be someone we are not to satisfy other people. If that's what you want to do go ahead but it won't lead to happiness love acceptance.