Spiral Wizard

spirituality made me an Introvert WTF

13 posts in this topic

Will this go full circle?

Last year I definitely identified myself as an extrovert. But now I feel like the more I got into serious personal development, spirituality & meditation the more I became an introvert.

Leo mentioned that this is a normal process and after you go through this phase introversion goes full circle and you become extroverted again. He didn’t explain it in detail but I think he also said to solve this you should double down. Is that true or is this just caused by me working to much and can be solved by getting back into my “social/dating game”?

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

@Spiral Wizard Sounds like you simply don't have a deep understanding of what introversion and extroversion are. With a surface level understanding of those terms it can seem like you're shifting when really you aren't. Make sure you understand what those terms mean.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Spiral Wizard I don't think it is becoming introvert or extrovert. When you focus on Sprituality there is different reality than materialism. If you do meditation and other Spritual practice you will become non reactive and will lose interest of some of the old things you do before. 

Edited by Conscious life
Missing word

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Spiral Wizard Sounds like you simply don't have a deep understanding of what introversion and extroversion are. With a surface level understanding of those terms it can seem like you're shifting when really you aren't. Make sure you understand what those terms mean.

^ What Leo said.

But I actually was thinking of making a similar post around this topic. Honestly I find that I tend to be less social when I focus on spiritual practices and listening to advanced topics. I think its just mainly the fact that I start to focus inwards and occupy myself with deeper thoughts rather than focusing externally.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

I'm experiencing the same thing. Before getting this serious in personal development, I was so out going, enjoyed spending time with friends and many other activities. But now I prefer being alone, reading book and be away from other people. I don't see my both phases as being negative or positive, but I am enjoying this phase as I enjoyed the other one.

Don't you enjoy being introvert as you say?

@Elham it is hard to say. It’s quite confusing to be honest. I am currently trying to figure out how to balance this because there are pros and cons. 

@Spiral Wizard How old are you? Because if you're young, your personality and perception of your own personality is even more malleable. Also, are you sure you even have an understanding of the concepts of introversion and extroversion alongside an understanding of yourself to judge what such things mean? Because to conflate being spiritual with being introverted might indicate an error in both your perception and conceptual understanding (not saying that you do, or that it necessarily does). 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao 

11 hours ago, lmfao said:

if you're young, your personality and perception of your own personality is even more malleable

An interesting factor to consider

11 hours ago, lmfao said:

are you sure you even have an understanding of the concepts

I guess I know what these terms mean but after you and Leo stressed this point I think it is possible that I underestimated the complexity of this topic.

I watched one of Leo's videos about this topic, idk if it is accurate or enough to understand this topic. 

Dose that mean

On 12/20/2019 at 7:29 PM, Spiral Wizard said:

Will this go full circle?

Last year I definitely identified myself as an extrovert. But now I feel like the more I got into serious personal development, spirituality & meditation the more I became an introvert.

Leo mentioned that this is a normal process and after you go through this phase introversion goes full circle and you become extroverted again. He didn’t explain it in detail but I think he also said to solve this you should double down. Is that true or is this just caused by me working to much and can be solved by getting back into my “social/dating game”?

You don’t have to follow Leo’s guidance to the T. You can discover your own path. If you want to be extroverted next extroverted. You were there before so you know you can find extroversion again :)

I feel that trying to draw a conclusion on your personality over time is not that useful, we all have moments where we want to interact and moments we want to be alone, this lens is not enough in my opinion to help you. I feel its much better to focus on moments because after all your life is a series of moment. If you are in a situation where you want to say something to someone, go for it, now you are probably thinking yea ok but the truth is that most people hold back constantly when you want to say hello to the person eating alone next to you when you are in line and you want to make a joke when you see a cute women you want to talk to but you don't. I think that instead of wondering am I this or that its better to un each situation as yourself Did I express myself or did I censor myself, check out this video: 

Thats because everything we need to find God and the universe is inside of us. Inner work, introspection. I dont know any mystical who found enlightenment in the middle of society and the matrix.