Adodd

When should I take meditation to the next level?

24 posts in this topic

@Recursoinominado there is a video that Leo did on shamanic breathework, it's simple and straightforward . Wim hof is another technique. Yoga fire breathing. Holotropic breathework. 
Something I do sometimes before meditating is I just take 50-100 deep breathes in and out without stopping. After the last breathe hold your breathe for 2 min. Then start the regular meditation 

Edited by Tanz

6 hours ago, Adodd said:

I have added ten of his videos to my watch later list. I will probably go through them in 3 or 4 days. Thank you for the wise words.

That is not my advice. :P

I have said to start meditating for an hour and then only listen to exactly these videos that have "Yoga Meditation" in name if you can't stand meditating for an hour using your current technique.

Meditation, even guided, will do you more good than watching non-duality videos. But do whatever you like.

23 hours ago, Aaron p said:

Aim for an hour a day, self enquiry, kryia yoga, do nothing. Psychedelics ????

I dabble in the occasional dmt or changa trip as well. What is a good source for information on kriya yoga? I have a book about it called, Kriya Secrets Revealed, on my book list.

Edited by Adodd

On 22/12/2019 at 2:51 AM, Adodd said:

@silene I am constantly reading and researching these things it seems like. What two methods are you using?

Cool, you're way ahead of me about the reading :)

Concentration. I do mindfulness of navel (body awareness fixed at the navel, sometimes called 'navel-gazing' by cynics), previously mindfulness of breathing.

Insight. I do what I call being meditation, which I'm currently learning, following on from my previous practices of choiceless awareness, letting go and body scan. 

I've tried various other techniques in the past, like mantra meditation, visualisation, self enquiry, loving kindness and its related types. But those didn't gell with me, or perhaps I'm not ready yet. 

Edited by silene
Spelling.