nowimhere

Trump just got impeached !

145 posts in this topic

It's interesting to see how this whole thing goes on. 

Even if he has been technically impeached a lot needs to happen. And the democrats just dug their graves. Trump will be re-elected just because of the hate. This move will only favor him. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India Your (not so bold) predictions and assessment may turn out to be accurate... perhaps not. The future is uncertain.  He has been impeached tho.  Can we agree on that?

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

16 hours ago, nowimhere said:

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/impeachment-inquiry-12-18-2019/index.html

Imagine 2020 starting with Trump getting kicked out of office. That would kind of feel like a turning point wich humanity really needs right now!

Unfortunately, it will probably work in Trump's favor for the 2020 election. He's almost guaranteed to get acquitted by the senate because it has a Republican majority and it needs 2/3 of them to vote for impeachment. That would require at least 20 Republican senators to vote for impeachment which isn't going to happen. And when he's acquitted, it will stir sympathy and self-righteousness in his base causing even more of them (and some moderates) to come out in support of him in the general election.

So, it's all just a bunch of smoke and mirrors by the Democrats, who want to appear tough on Trump to please constituents and tip the scales in favor of Trump if Warren or Sanders secure the Democratic nomination. All the while knowing that it won't do anything harmful to him. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

Nancy Pelosi is delusional. 

Trump will never get impeached. 

It's a hoax 

I agree but perhaps not for the same reason. Its a distraction and its such a weak position to impeach him on that it may ultimately work in his favor come election time. I am no fan of Trump and I do believe he should be held accountable. However, we should hold him accountable on acts that ARE actually provable & impeachable offenses. 

I take the same position that Tulsi takes on this. 

The fact that so many progressives are supporting impeachment on this issue is a strategic blunder. We are basically being manipulated by the neo-liberal establishment. Just because we both (meaning progressives & neo liberals) despise Trump doesn't mean we go into battle with them. We must stand on principle regardless of how much a despise Trump. 

We beat Trump in the issues that matter. Student loan debt. Climate change. A broken healthcare system. Bribary in politics. etc etc

Edited by abundance

@abundance  I believe that too. 

I don't see much of a ground. But honestly this whole thing is starting to look like a reality TV show. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

27 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Unfortunately, it will probably work in Trump's favor for the 2020 election. He's almost guaranteed to get acquitted by the senate because it has a Republican majority and it needs 2/3 of them to vote for impeachment. That would require at least 20 Republican senators to vote for impeachment which isn't going to happen. And when he's acquitted, it will stir sympathy and self-righteousness in his base causing even more of them (and some moderates) to come out in support of him in the general election.

Yep. Impeachment is not good news for liberals at all. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

So, now what? We still have to wait and see what the Senate will do. Trump will most likely be in his office and not be kicked out.

For some reason I thought If you get impeached as president you aren't eligible to be re-elected. What a mindfuck. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Impeachment is not something that should be done to profit the Democrats. The rule of law needs to be enforced. What happens when that is not done? 

6 minutes ago, Ero said:

Impeachment is not something that should be done to profit the Democrats. The rule of law needs to be enforced. What happens when that is not done? 

Good point, it just means things might have to get worse before they get better. Which is ultimately fine, but in short term, well, sucks. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Leo said not long ago that he is close to 99% sure that Trump will not get re-elected in 2020.

After impeachment, his odds have actually improved:

https://www.thelines.com/trump-election-odds-2020-impeachment/

I will say it again - Leo, how about put your money where your mouth is and actually place a bet? Should be easy money for you!

With all due respect, Leo, you better off sticking to spirituality and stay out of politics.

Trump got impeached, but considering the Republican majority in the Senate, this won't end with his Presidency.

I read some comments saying this benefits him, as he will be perceived as a victim by his voters and will defend him even more, and I think there is some truth on this.

But this will be a big stain on his persona and history will remember it like that, as it does with the two other Presidents that went through it. Who knows, he may win next year and considering Presidents get more, let's say intense, in their second term, he may be the first one getting two impeachments, I wouldn't be surprised.

I think this had to be done whatever happens in the future election, which we don't know what will be. Democrats did what they had to do, let's see how the guy defends himself. Putin has already declared his support to Trump on this issue.

"Truth is the first casualty of War." The USA is a Plutocracy, not a Republic or Democracy.

Damn just saw this.

I really hope, on the contrary, that those impeachment goes through and signals a raising in collective consciousness.

FB_IMG_15768088470962081.jpg

"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."

7 hours ago, Ero said:

I agree with this. Rule of law should prevail regardless of how it impacts the upcoming election for those on the Democratic side. 

But the reality of the matter is that rule of law won't be enforced because every single Republican will vote to keep Trump in office to avoid scorn from their constituents. So, the impeachment is a farce that parades itself as rule of law when everything is so partisan and done for political gain. So, nearly all Democrats voted for impeachment and all but one Republican (Amash) voted against impeachment in the house.

Clearly, in a cut and dried case of corruption, everyone should be able to see that what Trump did was an impeachable offense. But even if they know that, it's too politically risky to vote for impeachment as a Republican because their constituents will vote them out of office. So, all Republicans (and in lesser degree some moderate Democrats in districts that went to Trump in the general election of 2016) have conflicts of interest in keeping the incumbent president. And if your jury has conflicts of interest in the case, you can't have a fair trial.

And the process of impeachment itself within this system basically guarantees that the president will be acquitted in the senate because they need a 2/3 majority in favor of impeachment for the president to be impeached. And the disparity in the senate between Democrats and Republicans is never more than a handful of senators different. So, it basically guarantees that ANY president that gets impeached is highly unlikely to be impeached.

I don't even know if Nixon would have been successfully impeached had he not resigned before-hand, to be honest. Everyone impeached in US history has always been acquitted in the senate. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

20 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@nowimhere  

that's good news then 

Good for Trump 

That's absolutely terrible news. Unless you want to hasten the collapse of global industrial civilization.

Another 8 years of Trump and his denial & inaction on climate change is a death sentence to the planet and a segway into eco-fascism.  And that's aside from the broken healthcare system we have, the student loan crisis, increased wealth inequality, increased corruption in politics etc. None of which he will even attempt to address. 

Edited by abundance