Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Electron

Inspiration Vs Desperation

8 posts in this topic

I don't really get the difference b/w inspiration and desperation. In a vague sense I think that desperation is best expressed by obstinate refusal of a child to do something . Its synonymous with insanity and stubbornness and deprived of reason. It also accompanies obsession.

Whereas i think inspiration is more like a heart centered revelation free from neurosis. Its not goal oriented or egotistical and accompanies a subtle joy.

Tony Robbins says that in life, you need either inspiration or desperation.

I think that inspiration resonates with being and desperation resonates with doing. And we kinda need both.

What are your views about this?

@Electron I mentioned in another post that I came across a quote about this how desperation often breeds more drive for success than inspiration, for me this has really rung true 

at the same time I do like that you say we need both, if we just had desperation without inspiration we'd probably approach things in an unhealthy manner, where you may be more neurotic in your approach to achieving something, definitely a balance will do a world of good! 

@Saarah It depends what your definition of success is, if it is money that of course. But that is a very superficial and shallow form of true achievement, as that which is authentic to your higher self would do you and the world much better to pursue. A balance, yes.

3 hours ago, Saarah said:

how desperation often breeds more drive for success than inspiration,

That's what I think too. All I see behind massive success is obsession rooted in desperation. Now it might be possible that those people are also inspired on some level but to do that amount of work on a daily basis you got to be desperate and lunatic.

11 hours ago, Electron said:

on some level but to do that amount of work on a daily basis you got to be desperate and lunatic.

If you suspect you might suffer from lunacy you might be desperate to find wellness.   :D

@Kelley White Sure am. ! I read somewhere that to get all of it you must be crazy enough to want all of it.:)