Marinus

The power of movement

2 posts in this topic

This post will be about my experience of exercise and sport to help people who are considering it start doing it. Since early November I started to go to the gym 3 times a week and practice Wing Chun 2 times a week (it's a martial arts). What happend is that my happiness and satisfaction levels have been drastically improved. I spend most of my time in solitude and it feels great! I see physical movement as meditation for the physical body. I treat my gym routine as a personal development activity. I record how much and how many times I lift and I put all of this in an Excel sheet. Martial arts work great for my mind. It feels like I'm a child again that tries to learn to cycle. Exercise Is also a great opportunity to practice mindfulness. If you exercise consciously it will feel meditative in my experience hence meditation for the body.

Besides the mental and emotional benefits I also experience vitality. I'm just 23, but a year ago I had the body of a couch potato. If I would lift a heavy box it would cause soreness. I felt tired the whole day and when I tried running I couldn't keep it up for long, I would be out of breath. Back to present day my body has adapted to movement. Yesterday when I went cycling to the gym I went from zero to a high speed on my bicycle without needing to inhale a lot of air. It was like being in an airless vacuum. If I try to do something heavy now like physical labor My body doesn't experience soreness.

I also stretch a lot that might by an important factor and also meditation of course. Anyway I hope this will help you. It really changed my life in a short period of time.

Movement benefits the body as stillness benefits the mind. Balance is key :)

Thanks for sharing <3

B R E A T H E