Gneh Onebar

What are your fasting habits?

28 posts in this topic

Just now, DrewNows said:

@wesyasz wow was that hard and do you have a purpose?  

No it didn't felt hard at all. I was even wondering to keep going longer.

My purpose is to improve my health and mental clarity.

My first and second dry fast were difficult. (36 and 40h). But my diet was much worse and also mindset have been entirely different.

@wesyasz Hmm cool interesting. Did you ever experience any sort of physical symptoms? What has been called a “healing crisis” 

On 18.12.2019 at 5:00 PM, DrewNows said:

@wesyasz Hmm cool interesting. Did you ever experience any sort of physical symptoms? What has been called a “healing crisis” 

Not really. I am actually wondering if there is something wrong with me and I am not aware of some things happening within my body or just not much is changing in fact. 

After my previous dry fasts I have had quite a bad diarrhea after first meal. But this time was different and not much happened. 

@wesyasz What was your first meal after the fast? How long was your last dry fast?

"Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything." -- Rupert Spira

44 minutes ago, Gneh Onebar said:

@wesyasz What was your first meal after the fast? How long was your last dry fast?

I didn't prepare anything special. Just always broke the fast with couple liters of lemon water and eat an hour or two later. Last time it was vegan sushi :P. Last dry fast was 60 hours. I am wondering now if making 10 days of water fast combined with homemade vipassana kind of retreat would make some sense.

@wesyasz  Seems good to me. ;) 60 hours is already a long time. But I think, I read somewhere, that the 'real effects' start to kick in after 72h, so after three days of dry fasting - however I am no expert in this topic. :) 

"Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything." -- Rupert Spira

3 hours ago, Gneh Onebar said:

@wesyasz  Seems good to me. ;) 60 hours is already a long time. But I think, I read somewhere, that the 'real effects' start to kick in after 72h, so after three days of dry fasting - however I am no expert in this topic. :) 

Maybe will try next time. Need to do some more research as I don't want to hurt myself neither :).

On 17/12/2019 at 10:17 AM, Gneh Onebar said:

I started doing a 24h water fast every tuesday 7 weeks ago. Fasting once a week gives me more mental clarity and focus. My meditation practice also improved. 

What are your fasting habits and what are the benefits you get from doing this?

You should only water fast while supervised by a qualified medical professional. Once per week like you are doing is fine, anything more than that then you're playing with fire. Be careful about taking advice straight from people on the internet, you don't know who the hell they are. What if their entire existence was based on indctinating themselves with yourtube nonsense because they aren't actually emotionally whole or spiritually advanced enough to actually go live their lives? Forums are the perfect place to feel superior and offload the ideas they have spent so long studying. Why? Because nobody else would listen to them otherwise. 

See my post on the frutarian who died dry fasting. It will hopefully open your eyes.