Gneh Onebar

What are your fasting habits?

28 posts in this topic

I started doing a 24h water fast every tuesday 7 weeks ago. Fasting once a week gives me more mental clarity and focus. My meditation practice also improved. 

What are your fasting habits and what are the benefits you get from doing this?

"Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything." -- Rupert Spira

First meal of the day is breakfast - at around 10 AM, I eat only fruits and dry fruits and nuts + green/black tea.

Second and last meal of the day is cooked food - at around 1:30 to 2:00 PM. 

I'm not hard and fast on this, I do follow it with some more black tea and nuts or some roasted snack if I get hungry in the evening. But usually I don't. This wasn't a conscious habit, so I just went along the flow of how I felt after eating, and stopped eating in the evenings in a very organic progression.

I've tried eating only fruits one day a week, but it usually causes me headaches and acidity, also drowsiness due to hunger. So I'm still experimenting. 

My family does a salt fast in the summer months when it is very hot and dry here, and I find it very easy and useful to do. Helps reduce body heat and keeps away lethargy caused from heat. Again, I don't do anything as a form of 'habit'.

i did intermitted fasting for a long time - it's a practice of eating in an hour window and then not eating for a long time - at least 16 hours of not eating according to scientific data

i was eating from 12-20 but and it gave me a lot of clarity in the morning to get my work done, but after some time and losing weight i figured out that eating in the morning is also very beneficial and gives you more chill to get job done, you are not so driven and focused - it's great, but it was too much for me, it created unnecessary tention

water fasting is also great and if you feel like it helps you, keep doing that

there is also hardcore level of fasting which is called dry fasting - you don't eat or drink anything for 24-36 hours (when i did it, i didn't even take a bath or shower to not get any water into my body) - it starves parasites in your body and helped me to balance my emotions and tentions inside my body

I usually don't eat anything from 8 - 9pm till 12 - 4 pm next day. Been like this for few years now it just feels natural. If i do have anything earlier, its usually something liquid based like coconut water, tea, mangoes or melons or a freshly squeezed fruit/veg juice.

B R E A T H E

7 hours ago, rNOW said:

First meal of the day is breakfast - at around 10 AM, I eat only fruits and dry fruits and nuts + green/black tea.

Second and last meal of the day is cooked food - at around 1:30 to 2:00 PM. 

I'm not hard and fast on this, I do follow it with some more black tea and nuts or some roasted snack if I get hungry in the evening. But usually I don't. This wasn't a conscious habit, so I just went along the flow of how I felt after eating, and stopped eating in the evenings in a very organic progression.

I've tried eating only fruits one day a week, but it usually causes me headaches and acidity, also drowsiness due to hunger. So I'm still experimenting. 

My family does a salt fast in the summer months when it is very hot and dry here, and I find it very easy and useful to do. Helps reduce body heat and keeps away lethargy caused from heat. Again, I don't do anything as a form of 'habit'.

So you basically do intermittent fasting out of your own flow. Maybe I will try this out in the future. But for now I think intermittent fasting and a 24h water fast once a week is to much. ;) Haven't heard of salt fasting so far.

7 hours ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

there is also hardcore level of fasting which is called dry fasting - you don't eat or drink anything for 24-36 hours (when i did it, i didn't even take a bath or shower to not get any water into my body) - it starves parasites in your body and helped me to balance my emotions and tentions inside my body

Yes, I heard of it. When I remember correctly 24h dry fasting should equal 72h water fasting. Do you know if dry fasting has other benefits than just reducing the time you need to fast? 

7 hours ago, pluto said:

I usually don't eat anything from 8 - 9pm till 12 - 4 pm next day. Been like this for few years now it just feels natural. If i do have anything earlier, its usually something liquid based like coconut water, tea, mangoes or melons or a freshly squeezed fruit/veg juice.

Ok, so you do also mainly intermittent fasting. ;) 

39 minutes ago, Gneh Onebar said:

Ok, so you do also mainly intermittent fasting. ;) 

Oh you mean proper fasts? Yes i have done few days dry fasting and  up to 21 days on water only. Life changing experiences.

Water fasting with distilled/purified water is a wise option. I wouldn't recommend dry fasting unless you are highly experienced.

B R E A T H E

I do 12-14 hour fast every day usually stop eating by 8:30-9:30pm. Usually after I wake up drink some lemon/lime water and coffee then do some form of light exercise followed by a cold/hot contrast shower. Then eat some b-fast. Been working for me. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

1 hour ago, pluto said:

Oh you mean proper fasts? Yes i have done few days dry fasting and  up to 21 days on water only. Life changing experiences.

Water fasting with distilled/purified water is a wise option. I wouldn't recommend dry fasting unless you are highly experienced.

Yes. Holy shit, 21 days water fast. O.o How did you feel afterwards? I definitely want to try dry fasting at some point. 24h sounds doable to me...

1 hour ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

I do 12-14 hour fast every day usually stop eating by 8:30-9:30pm. Usually after I wake up drink some lemon/lime water and coffee then do some form of light exercise followed by a cold/hot contrast shower. Then eat some b-fast. Been working for me. 

Drinking a fresh pressed lemon water is also my first action in the morning after waking up. ;) 

i found water fasting during multiple days quite extreme, while intermittent fasting on a daily basis is more convenient and i get the results that i want (mind clarity, energy...)

7 hours ago, Gneh Onebar said:

Yes. Holy shit, 21 days water fast. O.o How did you feel afterwards? I definitely want to try dry fasting at some point. 24h sounds doable to me...

After a week or so in i start to feel like an AVATAR. As if i am existing in a higher dimensional plane and feel the perfection and purity in everything. Bliss! I have done 24 hour dry fasting naturally many times, i love being out in nature, i rarely eat and i feel very blissful.

B R E A T H E

18 hours ago, Gneh Onebar said:

So you basically do intermittent fasting out of your own flow. Maybe I will try this out in the future. But for now I think intermittent fasting and a 24h water fast once a week is to much. ;) Haven't heard of salt fasting so far.

Yup. It depends though. I live in India and there is a tradition of gazillion types of fasts for various reasons which people don't really pay attention to. The salt fast is to be done in the month of 'chaitra' which falls around the Christian month of April when it is very hot. There are other grain/green leafy vegetable fasts during monsoons when the probability of spreading diseases is too much due to water content in the vegetables and hence dry/roasted/fried food is recommended. There are specific days though, depending on the season and your body type. 

13 hours ago, Soulbass said:

i found water fasting during multiple days quite extreme, while intermittent fasting on a daily basis is more convenient and i get the results that i want (mind clarity, energy...)

How many days did you fast?

9 hours ago, pluto said:

After a week or so in i start to feel like an AVATAR. As if i am existing in a higher dimensional plane and feel the perfection and purity in everything. Bliss! I have done 24 hour dry fasting naturally many times, i love being out in nature, i rarely eat and i feel very blissful.

That sounds awesome! ;) Next year I will try a 24h dry fast.

1 hour ago, rNOW said:

Yup. It depends though. I live in India and there is a tradition of gazillion types of fasts for various reasons which people don't really pay attention to. The salt fast is to be done in the month of 'chaitra' which falls around the Christian month of April when it is very hot. There are other grain/green leafy vegetable fasts during monsoons when the probability of spreading diseases is too much due to water content in the vegetables and hence dry/roasted/fried food is recommended. There are specific days though, depending on the season and your body type. 

Cool, thx for the informations.

On 17.12.2019 at 0:08 PM, 28 cm unbuffed said:

I do dry fasting every so often, last one about a week ago and it was 60hrs. I do not see much difference or benefit though.

I have also done 5 days water fast, again, not much out of it (which I am aware of).

Edited by wesyasz

I’ve done a few 24 hr dry fasted without having to go against what my body felt.

Definitely helped to hydrate the cells with some fruit, juice or liquid fasting prior