Nak Khid

If everything is an illusion why drink water ?

50 posts in this topic

If everything is an illusion why drink water?

Edited by Nak Khid

You seem to like mindfucking yourself xD

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Drinking water is also an illusion

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

2 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

You dont have to.
But the human meatsuit you currently "control" will die if you dont. Its part of the illusion!

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

46 minutes ago, undeather said:

But the human meatsuit you currently "control" will die if you dont.

This is yet to be proven. You don't actually know.

@Nak Khid Mainly because I feel thirsty from time to time. There are other reasons for me.

Edited by Lento

@Nak Khid

So much has been written about this, but few seem to understand that this supposed Advaita ( Not 2) Siddhant ( philosophical conclusion) has come about due to the mis-translation of the word ‘Maya’ into English. This Sanskrit term does not translate squarely into English as ‘illusion’. There are subtleties to the meaning, which more correctly can be understood as: ‘That which is not’. Which refines the meaning from: the thing only seems to exist... to: that thing is indeed Real— but is not what I think it is.

For Adi Shankara, the world is not an illusion— it is indeed real. But it is Maya. And Maya is also Real. It is an eternal power of Brahman (the Divine). It is the power which keeps the experience of the Divine obscured. That obscuration is also obviously indeed Real. So Maya is Real— not an illusion, which implies thinking something is there when it’s not. Well, It IS there!— but it’s not what we think it is. Based on this mis-translation of Sanskrit, the Neo Non Duality movement has been born.

You dream at night is an illusion. But to put out an illusory fire you will to throw illusory water at it.

Same way, to quench your illusory thirst you need to drink illusory water.

Even though all is an illusion/dream there are still illusory/dream laws which uphold them.

Just like i am answering your illusory question with this illusory answer. It can also be left unanswered but i am providing you with illusory water (the answer) for your illusory thirst (the question).

What you're asking can be likened to the following: 

Why does a character in a movie go to lengths to resuce his kidnapped child if it's a movie/fake?

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

1 hour ago, Lento said:

This is yet to be proven. You don't actually know.

@Nak Khid Mainly because I feel thirsty from time to time. There are other reasons for me.

It has to be proven that your body dies when you dont drink water?

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

13 minutes ago, undeather said:

It has to be proven that your body dies when you dont drink water?

Yes.

2 minutes ago, Lento said:

Yes.

I actually am a medical doctor working in a hospital. I have SEEN people dying of prerenal kidney failure because they didnt drink enough water.
You are delusional. 

- Rainer Maria Rilke

1 minute ago, undeather said:

I actually am a medical doctor working in a hospital. I have SEEN people dying of prerenal kidney failure because they didnt drink enough water.

I'm not denying that. 

But how does this prove anything? How do you know you are the same as everyone else? Maybe you're special? Maybe someone, living in some isolated island is special?

You don't know!

4 minutes ago, undeather said:

You are delusional. 

Another doctor here. Good to see a sound comment.

Expect to see this countered with stuff along the lines of "but that's just the body;its not consciousness which is the real SELF which cannot die".:S

@Corpus

You are not seeing the underlying meaning of what I'm trying to say.

You don't need knowledge to want to drink water. It's run by default without the interference of the mind, no matter how many reasons it invents, whether supporting or denying the drinking of water. You don't need a reason to drink water. Whatever reasoning you invent is automatically irrelevant. The whole question is irrelevant.

Life is beyond reason and logic, is all I'm saying.

(read this @undeather)

Edited by Lento

17 minutes ago, Corpus said:

Another doctor here. Good to see a sound comment.

Expect to see this countered with stuff along the lines of "but that's just the body;its not consciousness which is the real SELF which cannot die".:S

Greetings, dear colleague! 

I think the notion Lento points to is the claim that some yogis/mystics have claimed autonomy from earthly resources, including food and water after decades of meditation by realizing the illusory nature of reality. Some years ago there was a documentary about that on television where some guys claimed that they can nourish their body through "sunlight energy", sadly one of them died because of underweight. 

The indian military used to study that phenomenon because they saw enormous potential for that kind of "siddhi". Yet despite studying multiple, self procalimed masters, none of them could prove their claim under controlled circumstances. They all lost weight in the 30 day fasting period, while some even suffered from critical health consequences (especially hyperkalaemia/natraemia) in the first days. 

Even though I am ridicolously open minded, I highly doubt that anything like that exists. (IF it does, then its almost a freak of nature kind of thing)
I think Lento is telling himself a story, I will remain agnostic to that position.

Edited by undeather

- Rainer Maria Rilke

4 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

Based on that logic, you never have gone to movies or theater or watch TV...because they are not real (they too are an illusions - made up stories expertly portrayed to fool us into thinking it is happening...crying, laughing, etc.).

However, if you enjoy watching TV, movies, and/or plays...why?  Then you will have your answer.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

Because otherwise the illusion that thinks it needs to drinks dissolve.

And you want to have fun with that illusion in this dream (otherwise you wouldn't be here talking), until you don't and let it go.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them