Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raptorsin7

Bringing The Ego Into Alignment

22 posts in this topic

Which choice would a wise man make? Dissolve your ego to the truth permanently and try to embody non-duality with no ego. Or bring your ego into alignment with non-dual teachings where you still maintain the illusion of control to some degree to make it easier to interact in the world with other people?

38 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Which choice would a wise man make? Dissolve your ego to the truth permanently and try to embody non-duality with no ego. Or bring your ego into alignment with non-dual teachings where you still maintain the illusion of control to some degree to make it easier to interact in the world with other people?

A wise man realizes that there is no difference.  :).

Once this is realized interacting in the world with others is effortless. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I go with the second choice. Because the enlightenment is for your ego because there is nothing else in this world that could deal with it so effectively. If you want to teach an ego about friendship then it would be wise to teach it from an enlightened point of view. 

@Nahm It's more about ego backlash to awakening. The more integrated and accepting of the truth the ego is before enlightenment the easier it will be too integrate the experiences.

The ego isn't real. But tell that to the countless posters who are suffer existential crises from awakening. There must be a better way.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

You say that as if ether one is a choice one can make when the reality is that regardless of which one you pick your still just playing the game with yourself.  The egos favorite game to play is " conquer the ego" 

35 minutes ago, Nahm said:

The ego isn’t in thoughts it’s the universe. 
And it isn’t. 

If the ego isn’t, what dies in "Ego-death"? If the ego is not, what dies at all in death? Like when you die like Leo after taking 5-meo, etc etc. 

@Highest I think the ego is seen to be an illusion. It's like realizing santa clause isn't real. It's not that anyone killed santa. At some point we just realize santa was never there to begin with.

31 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Nahm It's more about ego backlash to awakening. The more integrated and accepting of the truth the ego is before enlightenment the easier it will be too integrate the experiences.

The ego isn't real. But tell that to the countless posters who are suffer existential crises from awakening. There must be a better way.

Indeed there is. ♥️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Highest I think the ego is seen to be an illusion. It's like realizing santa clause isn't real. It's not that anyone killed santa. At some point we just realize santa was never there to begin with.

41 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I think it's more radical than that. The ego is the very sense of "I am", the sense of being a seperate individual. The way Leo desribes death, it seems to be very extreme and radical.

@Highest I think it is whatever we think about it. So you think its extreme and radical so that's how you will interrupt it and it will inform how you read every topic about it. I feel the same way, I always wonder why Leo focuses on the death aspect, etc. But it's my own projection and fear of ego death. I think in truth the experience is neutral. It's the meaning and feeling we give to it that matters. If you feel and project ego death is going to be extreme and radical, then i'd bet that it's going to be pretty extreme and radical.

But i haven't died yet so i'm just talking shit at this point.

1 minute ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Highest I think it is whatever we think about it. So you think its extreme and radical so that's how you will interrupt it and it will inform how you read every topic about it. I feel the same way, I always wonder why Leo focuses on the death aspect, etc. But it's my own projection and fear of ego death. I think in truth the experience is neutral. It's the meaning and feeling we give to it that matters. If you feel and project ego death is going to be extreme and radical, then i'd bet that it's going to be pretty extreme and radical.

But i haven't died yet so i'm just talking shit at this point.

Haha yeah me too. Let's die together and see what happens. Imagine both of us becoming God in the same room after dying xD

@Highest Lmao. I have a good feeling that if you meditate, do yoga, take the process seriously etc then you can handle the ego backlash better than most people think is possible. Suffering will depend on our willingness to surrender and love the process. If we resist and fail to surrender and accept then we will suffer more I think. At least i hope that's how this goes. I think my fear of the unknown about ego death is holding me back rn so i'm just trying to work through it. 

@Raptorsin7 Your questions comes from the context of a personal dynamic. "What has to be done". In that case a perceived "person" would be better accustomed if he/she had the ability to communicate and exist. But the usefulness of the concept of an ego stops there. 

What you're asking of is in a context where no ego exists. No ego is pure enough to face the nondual - like trying to fit infinity in a box. The question will be realised as absurd once you're there. 

Realise that asking this changes absolutely nothing for you, even if it currently seems otherwise. 

Edited by Ero

9 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Highest Lmao. I have a good feeling that if you meditate, do yoga, take the process seriously etc then you can handle the ego backlash better than most people think is possible. Suffering will depend on our willingness to surrender and love the process. If we resist and fail to surrender and accept then we will suffer more I think. At least i hope that's how this goes. I think my fear of the unknown about ego death is holding me back rn so i'm just trying to work through it. 

The unknown just excites me really. There are other stuff I'm afraid of due, but when those things are cleared up I will die. Maybe in a 5-10 years, I think I'm really ready for it then

36 minutes ago, Highest said:

I think it's more radical than that. The ego is the very sense of "I am", the sense of being a seperate individual. The way Leo desribes death, it seems to be very extreme and radical.

Yeah. Thought, perception, sensation, that each one is The One & there is no objective reality. The “how” that’s accomplished can’t be thought or said as ‘reality’ and ‘thought’ arise in appearance simultaneously. It can most certainly be shown / revealed though. Even then, especially then, regarding the “I am”...I hear ya, it’s a thought, and it’s a sense...but awareness is aware, consciousness is conscious, you are you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

48 minutes ago, Highest said:

If the ego isn’t, what dies in "Ego-death"? If the ego is not, what dies at all in death? Like when you die like Leo after taking 5-meo, etc etc. 

Think of a pink elephant.

When you don't think about the pink elephant anymore, that's death.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them