Identity

What elements build up a successful relarionship?

11 posts in this topic

Trying to build a vision for a successful intimate relationship. What are important aspects for you?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

Communication and the genuine desire to grow each other. 

@Identity

Respect, understanding each other, companionship, willingness to grow together, honesty (and love). 

Edited by Alissa

Being Best Friends First. Always caring from the bottom of your heart for their wellness, forever. 

Never go to Sleep Fighting or Mad at each other. Communication is everything. At the End of the Conversation, you both can answer to 3 questions.

What are your feelings? - What are your thoughts? - What are your expectations? 

Bring up even the hardest topics, deep twisted thoughts, dark emotional conversations, rooted insecurities. Be Free, Open and Happy 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

Trying to keep it short 

Honesty 

Great extensive communication 

Trust and respect 

Valuing each other 

Decency 

Affection 

Integrity and loyalty 

Maturity 

Sensitivity sensibility and Understanding 

High on agreeableness

Passion and attraction and romance 

Mutual decisions always 

Forgiveness (especially after arguments) 

Laughter 

Supportive and Cooperative to each other 

Respecting each other's boundaries 

No judgemental behavior 

Allowing space for each other

Caring for each other 

Helping each other grow 

Sharing everything together 

Mutual interests (not always)

Empathy and Mercy 

Unconditional love and acceptance 

Intuitive understanding 

Openness to each other about almost anything, no holding back or discomfort 

Quality time spending. 

Not being competitive 

Complementing and Supplementing (finding something common to like but also having opposite qualities to keep up the attraction) 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

4 hours ago, Chakra Lion said:

Being Best Friends First. Always caring from the bottom of your heart for their wellness, forever. 

Never go to Sleep Fighting or Mad at each other. Communication is everything. At the End of the Conversation, you both can answer to 3 questions.

What are your feelings? - What are your thoughts? - What are your expectations? 

Bring up even the hardest topics, deep twisted thoughts, dark emotional conversations, rooted insecurities. Be Free, Open and Happy 

I love this!

@Identity

1. Radically open communication
  2. Maturity and knowing oneself
  3. Desiring the best for your partner

Empathy, Honesty, Vulnerability, beginning with SELF LOVE. 

@Lento Thank you Lento, i'm glad you enjoyed that.

My Wife and I have been together since we were 15. I still cannot believe that I could continue to Love someone more and more. Its like a good Wine, if its cared for, preserved and appreciated, the love just continues to grow. Going back to the OP's Question, one of the most important things I have done in my relationship to keep it successful is, To Change & Be Open to Change. For a Best Friend or a Soul Mate, there are many sacrifices you should be willing to make, as extreme as letting your self die. What happens so often in Relationships is that as two souls grow together, they form one life, one new world, one ship. But a ship can only go one direction, and from that perspective it is hard to continue to be with someone who is taking the ship into a different way than you'd ever imagine. Someone who is uncomfortable to live with, unstable with their emotions or has a mind that doesn't agree, the the ship will be really hard to steer, it will most likely crash, or be neglected and ignored.  But the problem in those situations is that a Relationship is trying to be maintained. The Priorities are all wrong, external and ego related. It really is just Perspective and Awareness that need to be adjusted. Instead of a Relation Ship, one should trade that in for a Friend Ship. Such a Ship comes with different objectives and thoughts. Its not about maintaining a relationship, or even the ship, but to maintain a friend, a love. Here it is like the good old days, wanting nothing but happiness, excitement, and to share that sacred time in the best possible way. It becomes about knowing and seeing that your love has what it needs or even wants. Helping love get where love wants to go, and making sure that at the end of every beautiful day, love shines through everything back into you. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe