skywords

OK, How About This: What If The Answer To EVERY Question Here Were: DANCE!

19 posts in this topic

Yeah!

Like, and you CAN trust me on this:

Try to stump me.  "I dare ya."

Just ask me a question, any question, and if I DON'T think "DANCE" is ACTUALLY the "right" answer, I will, confess that you have stumped me.

And if you think I'm not being authentic, just say so.  I WILL trust that you mean it.  Even if you don't trust me.

And I WILL meditate on it.  I WILL try to DANCE with it.

If I can't, I'll say so.

This is just an invitation.  Take it or leave it.

Dance with me, or don't!

I'll STILL take it as "our dance."

I will.  That IS how I'll take it.

Anywayzzzzz………..   I'll be waiting....

:)  :x :ph34r::D

ps:  I don't do "serious" but I DO ENGAGE FULLY (if and when I can). 

pps: I don't think "serious ppl" are actually engaged.  I think they're DISTRACTED.

I think they're traumatized.  They're preoccupied with something they've been fearing, and haven't been resolving.  Yet.  IMO.  In My Experience. 

1 hour ago, skywords said:

Just ask me a question, any question, and if I DON'T think "DANCE" is ACTUALLY the "right" answer, I will, confess that you have stumped me.

1. What is the wrong answer to any question? 

@assx95

:D

That's my answer, above.

That's my dance with, my move, my response to your question.

43 minutes ago, skywords said:

@assx95

That's my answer, above.

That's my dance with, my move, my response to your question.

Woah. 

I was distracted enough to take your bait. 

@assx95

You COULD say that, and I'm gratified that you use the word, "distracted."

And, of course, "baiting," is a dance move.

But I'd rather say that you accepted my, "invitation to authentic dance."

1 minute ago, skywords said:

But I'd rather say that you accepted my, "invitation to authentic dance."

Yeah. 

Why call it authentic though? 

Isn't "dance" dance? 

@assx95

Everything and anything can be faked, that is, anything can be done half hearted and distracted, reluctant, resentful, contemptuously performed, right?

By authentic dance, I mean, really engaged, fully committed, truly blissful, genuinely self disclosing, actually entranced with both oneself and one's partner, as well as the whole of life, and it's contexts.

Right?

30 minutes ago, skywords said:

Everything and anything can be faked, that is, anything can be done half hearted and distracted, reluctant, resentful, contemptuously performed, right?

By authentic dance, I mean, really engaged, fully committed, truly blissful, genuinely self disclosing, actually entranced with both oneself and one's partner, as well as the whole of life, and it's contexts.

Right?

Why do you think people fake things? Are they afraid to confront the other person with their true self? In other words, why do people do an inauthentic dance? A fake performance, a fake compliment, a fake relationship, and a fake commitment, when they could just as easily not engage at all. 

Edited by assx95

@skywordsWhat would be the responsible thing to do when you are at the very top of the Eifel tower and your Family screams at you to come down because you are about to fall to your death?

Edited by Leeeon

1 hour ago, assx95 said:

Why do you think people fake things? Are they afraid to confront the other person with their true self? In other words, why do people do an inauthentic dance? A fake performance, a fake compliment, a fake relationship, and a fake commitment, when they could just as easily not engage at all. 

@assx95

Really good question, IMO!

My first response, from my own faking, is that I've learned it from my role models.  I mistakenly took their faking for the real deal, so I unconsciously thought, "OK, so the real way to communicate is to pretend to be fake, or maybe, to fake to pretend."

And my second response is that most ppl are on an assembly line, in one way or the other, especially overwhelmed parents.  And they can't afford to completely engage, given that they can only attend to one responsibility after another in a state of frenetic haste, which appears fake to anyone who presumes that a deeper and more extensive engagement in time and alertness, is normal and available.

Most people on this planet, after all, are overwhelmed and deprived of most human minimum requirements, such as sleep, food, shelter, safety, etc.

@Leeeon

Well, in terms of DANCE, I would suggest that you are both exchanging different fears.  Even though you say you're safe, and they claim you're not, nevertheless, you also have a fear, and that's that your fun and perspective from a higher level, is rare and you might not be able to retrieve it readily.

But if you can overcome that fear, telling both them, and yourself, that you can return to the top, whenever you want, especially after having reassured them that it's no big deal, that you're safe up there, then the dance is over, and both have responded with authentic engagement, and both feel respected.

Ideal dance involves mutual respect.

@Leeeon

Oh, OK.

Let me add, if I may, and I hope you'll agree, that actualized.org is all about going beyond literal truths, onto metaphysical ones, right?

So, I'm using "dancing" as a metaphor for communication that is

1.   Fully in the Now
  2.   Spontaneous, Lighthearted, Celebrant
  3.   Totally Interactive And Interdependent
  4.   Relatively graceful and effortless

I hope that clarifies things.  I would also like to add that, although I totally understand what you mean by "literal," even "literal," "really," "actual," "true," "enlightenment," are metaphors, or tropes, or analogs. 

I hope you agree.  But I'd be happy to discuss this further, if you'd like.

11 hours ago, skywords said:

Most people on this planet, after all, are overwhelmed and deprived of most human minimum requirements, such as sleep, food, shelter, safety, etc.

Isn't this inevitable given the nature of how things are? 

@assx95

Yes, I agree.

It's merely the shadow of an even brighter light. One can't exist without the other. It's the very nature of existence.

@skywords Any question can receive any answer when we change the context (aka conscious state). Your job is not to like one answer and stick to it, but transcend it. You have better ways to focus your attention. 

@Ero

That is a very good point, Ero, I'm glad you brought it up!

Here's the method to my madness:  I experience the beauty of this, Leo's forum, as AUTHENTIC INTERCHANGE, that is, DANCE ~

But, unfortunately, I DO believe the PREVAILING PARADIGM, is, nevertheless, NOT one of flowing interaction, but one of STASIS, or STATIC "this is what is."  And not, "this is flowing into this."

So, I'm trying to show how this is the missing link.  I believe this missing link would dramatically help people get "enlightened" faster.  Because instead of asking themselves, "what am I"?  They would ask, "what is my experience of grace?"

And I'm not saying that I'm "right," because I don't use that metaphor.

The metaphor I'm using instead, the one I'm privileging, is "grace."  Or, "flow," or "dance," or "change," as "Truth."

So, for example, instead of asking oneself, "is this in a state of 'rightness' or 'wrongness'?,"  one would ask, "what is this changing from and into," and most importantly, "how do I participate, empathize, with this ongoing, changing, now?"

Does this make sense?

I'm trying to change the dominant default, or paradigm, from one of "Truth" as static, or a state of being, into one of flow, or transformation, or interaction, "Flow," or DANCE, or, sometimes better, "GRACE."

Right?

So, yeah, thanks!

Edited by skywords