emind

Groundedness Over Enlightenment?

25 posts in this topic

@emind What you speak of is not something that you can do per say.

Observe how the very basis of you asking is survival of an identity or an idea you have created. As long as "survival" is in the picture... That just can't happen.

Reality is groundless and as long as you seek some kind of "groundedness", you are in for a roller-coaster. 

Equanimity is found in the NOW. I'll meet you there. 

On 16/12/2019 at 6:08 AM, Consilience said:

This +1

I feel like a broken record because I always talk about it now on the forum, (It’s helped me so much so I try to spread the word lol) but the book The Mind Illuminated by John Yates. A samtha state of consciousness is extremely tranquil, equanimous, and joyful which Id consider to be a very emotionally grounded state. In the book, this dude outlines a meditation practiced designed around achieving samatha. Maybe it wouldnt be up your alley but ime it’s been the most effective way Ive ever meditated. Ive gotten more results with transforming my baseline state of consciousness following that book’s meditation style than any other spiritual practice. Only other technique that rivals it would be psychedelics but since emotional groundedness is what you’re after, not really sure psychedelics would be a good idea. 

"ime" ? I'm seeing this abbreviation a lot here. Does it mean "in my enlightenment"?

Also is SAE "Spiritually Awakened Experience"? (It used to mean stamped addressed envelope to me, haha)

Edited by Amandine

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

11 hours ago, Esoteric said:

@Amandine In my experience :)

Thank you, the penny dropped just before going to bed :)  

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

@emind instead of trying to get rid of the fear and anxiety, trying to be more grounded, what happens if you accept this kind of energy?