Khron

Is there any spiritual value to sex?

10 posts in this topic

I'm a 39 year-old disabled gay fat boy that has done sexual acts but had never had sex. I understand it probably has spiritual value in a relationship but stand-alone. Are there any insights to be had from it? Does it change you in some way?

It gets to me at times, being a Old Virgin but as of late I've not even thought about it much. I figure it will happen when it happens if it happens. I realize ultimately I am the reason I've never had sex but I question whether not having it is really such a bad thing.

Is it just another experience or does it bring something fundamentally different to your personhood?

@Khron Tantra would say that sex can be used for spiritual illumination BUT it is not required for spiritual illumination. 

In your case, if you want to go have sex with another man, setting it as your will to get that accomplished could be good. It would get you out of your comfort zone, set a goal and go for it. Pushing boundaries is always good.

Search yourself to find out what you truly want...then go get it.

Edited by Matt8800

You have to keep in mind that in this life we each choose our own unique experiences. Having choice means that most possible experiences don't get chosen. Acceptance in making your choices with confidence, love and intuition is what you came here for, not to check off all the boxes on some arbitrary list of important life experiences. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

To OP's original Question -Is there any spiritual value to sex? 

Is there any spiritual value to Breathing? To Running? To Being?

That really depends on You, and how great your hunger for Spirit is. 

You can have sex for the Body, Mind, Heart, or Spirit. Which will you Feed? 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

@Khron Quality conscious sex CAN to lead to a variety of spiritual experiences (but is not guaranteed - in fact, for most people, it doesn't). These are not fundamentally different from spiritual experiences you can get in other ways. It's just a prefered path for some people. 

Edited by Elisabeth

attracting girls and having sex is like zen - it's all about being here and now

so yeah, it does have spiritual value in that sense

the more you are here and now during sex and the less you are focusing on cumming, the better you are at having sex

and being here and now is basically a form of meditation

On 12/21/2019 at 11:31 PM, modmyth said:

Hey, you might find something useful in this journal where I've been compiling my thoughts/ knowledge/ experience/ feelings about the subject here, in a pretty personal way. I personally think it is a big deal personally and collectively. As for you, how much do you feel like you're missing something?

Fluctuates from don't care to I feel like an alien. It's an annoyance.

On 14/12/2019 at 2:39 PM, Khron said:

I'm a 39 year-old disabled gay fat boy that has done sexual acts but had never had sex. I understand it probably has spiritual value in a relationship but stand-alone. Are there any insights to be had from it? Does it change you in some way?

It gets to me at times, being a Old Virgin but as of late I've not even thought about it much. I figure it will happen when it happens if it happens. I realize ultimately I am the reason I've never had sex but I question whether not having it is really such a bad thing.

Is it just another experience or does it bring something fundamentally different to your personhood?

I come from a Christian background though far from the model citizen lol. 

There's the holy trinity. God the father, son, spirit. 

There's different sacraments like baptism, communion, marriage, etc. 

The creation story tells a tale about God making woman by removing a rib from man. 

The unity in marriage is man and woman (2) becoming 1.

In keeping with the mythos, its the closest to being like/with God. 

Furthermore, you create life with the act. I meditate and pray. I am learning about Taoism and Zen, Buddhism, and shinto. Unfortunately I don't know enough about the following to share with you about it there. 

Should be enough food for thought to play with. 

I hate the debauchery and degenerate society we have with apps and high body count. The consequences usually is infidelity and inability to pair bond. Ironically enough, the same sexual chemistry that's breaking headboard and furniture is spectacular but counter productive in a marriage or long term relationship. The same man who is delivering that sort of thing is likely not the best hubby or father given the priority. 

Edited by Meetjoeblack
Hxydysd

@Meetjoeblack  I believe I get your meaning.

I come from a Christian background as well and many of the Christians I've come in contact with are about breaking headboards in that their Christianity pivots around their ability to memorize and regurgitate scripture. It was a very convincing show that definitely impeded any Bond we may have developed. And likewise, present was also much infidelity to the religion.

I don't believe I am worried about being good at sex as much as whether it would impede my personal development if I didn't pursue it. The act itself divorced of whether it creates a new life.