Preety_India

My boyfriend thinks that the earth is flat

62 posts in this topic

@Preety_India If unconditional love and full acceptance of others is not working, then just remind your boyfriend that everybody is entitled to your opinion xD

or on a more serious note as Anna points out in a roundabout way, we are all entitled to our own opinion but we are not entitled to our own facts! 

Okay that's all the input I can give. Hope it helps :D??‍♂️?

@Bill W  

I told him this 

There must be some  truth to your belief since the flat earther movement is getting bigger and bigger across the globe. 

He didn't get it. xD

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

7 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

So, for example, because you can't see other planet's that means there aren't other planets? Because you can't see a nucleus of a cell, then it doesn't exist?

Sorry, but in the relative sense, some things have been scientifically proven and if someone wants to disprove science then the burden is on them to do so, not the other way around.

I do think that acceptance of proof without working on it, is belief. 

If you're not seeing another planet right now, it's only a concept and your imagination. Same with the nucleas of a cell. 

Ultimately, how do you distinguish a planet from the perception of a planet if you're looking at it, or what you're doing here is imagining and conceptualizing a planet? 

2 minutes ago, assx95 said:

I do think that acceptance of proof without working on it, is belief. 

If you're not seeing another planet right now, it's only a concept and your imagination. Same with the nucleas of a cell. 

Ultimately, how do you distinguish a planet from the perception of a planet if you're looking at it, or what you're doing here is imagining and conceptualizing a planet? 

Have you ever looked into a high power telescope? Or microscope? I have.

Anyways, I'm not going to debate this as I find it ridiculous. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

9 hours ago, Preety_India said:

the flat earther movement is getting bigger and bigger across the globe. 

It's just a few ignorant ppl influencing other naive ppl to be ignorant and before you know it an ignorant "movement " forms that are disputing well known and established scientific facts. 

Before ya know it they will be saying the law of gravity doesn't exist xD

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

3 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Have you ever looked into a high power telescope? Or microscope? I have.

But you're probably not looking through it right now. It existed then. But whatever is your present experience now is reality. Everything else is just concept and your imagination. 

You are talking of a permanence of objects. A kantian view of noumena. 

@Anna1 hahaha yep. xD

Or they will say climate change is a fabrication. Or the moon landing never happened. 

The one making the rounds on the internet now is that Jeffrey Epstein is not dead. 

They should all be wearing a tin foil hat to protect themselves from radioactive waves coming out of alien spaceships. Or they might get MK ultra programmed by their governments. xD

17 minutes ago, assx95 said:

But you're probably not looking through it right now. It existed then. But whatever is your present experience now is reality. Everything else is just concept and your imagination. 

You are talking of a permanence of objects. A kantian view of noumena. 

I find all beliefs on the forum including your beliefs interesting. There is always a different way of looking at things. The problem is when you think your belief isn't a belief. It happens. The concept then takes on a life of it's own. Taking a concept and trying to make it real is very appealing because the mind wants to settle on an explanation and the removal of doubt. 

Edited by Bill W

@Preety_India ok, I've been reading through your thread carefully. Just wanted to share: it doesn't really matter overall that his one thinking is "the Earth is flat." Can you see right now if his personality is determined enough to stay with you? I think this is what really matters. I just want to point out that maybe he's mostly stage green, perhaps? Be careful on this one. Green can be stuck. I knew a couple who I suspected that the bf was in green because he's very laid back, but in the end they broke up. I'm not saying that this is your case. I'm just saying be careful. Love but don't be too overly attached.

@Key Elements  we have a great chemistry overall. Plus I'm working on my own emotional skills. I don't want to invest too much emotion into him like I did last time. I'll take it slow with him. He seems like a really nice person. 

You're right about the attachment part. 

I'm letting go of too much attachment. It can bring unnecessary misery in the end. 

I focus more on end stage thinking now. 

My intellectual growth so far has afforded me some protection. But obviously I have more to learn. 

Edited by Preety_India

10 minutes ago, Bill W said:

I find all beliefs on the forum including your beliefs interesting. There is always a different way of looking at things. The problem is when you think your belief isn't a belief. It happens. The concept then takes on a life of it's own. Taking a concept and trying to make it real is very appealing because the mind wants to settle on an explanation and the removal of doubt.

True. 

After reading @FoxFoxFox 's enlightenment Q & A s, i don't need to stick to beliefs. 

Also, speaking of relevance, I think we've deviated from the OP's intended issue. 

@Anna1

Without Flat-Earthers, I probably would have never been introduced to spirituality.

@Preety_India If he is a flat earther and cannot see the absurdity of these beliefs - how do you expect this person to do any serious consciousness work?

If you continue to grow and he stays stuck - this won't last very long. In fact, I am calling it now - I am afraid you also have a mismatch in terms of stages.

Do not get into any relationship before you do this:

19 hours ago, Key Elements said:

Please become a NRI first, know the world, yourself, and then pick a bf.

26 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

What earth??

The dream earth that your dream feet walk on in the "relative" dream world run by the dream physical laws of the dream universe.:D

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

46 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

The dream earth that your dream feet walk on in the "relative" dream world run by the dream physical laws of the dream universe.:D

You're hilarious. :D Now, are you interested in enlightenment? ;)

It's going to be hard to convince science to study this. Earth is easier to study.

1 minute ago, Key Elements said:

You're hilarious. :D Now, are you interested in enlightenment? ;)

This isn't a thread about enlightenment. When I want to discuss enlightenment I'll respond in a thread discussing enlightenment;)

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 I added something else to the other post. Earth is far easier to study in science. It's probably going to take a miracle, maybe, to convince science to study enlightenment, and for it to become mainstream. I'm just making a comparison between studying the Earth in science and studying enlightenment. Earth is more tangible and easy access, so ppl don't think it's make-believe. That was the point I'm trying to convey.

1 hour ago, Anna1 said:

That's not non dual enough.
There is no dream, for you need to think there is a dream for a dream to be.
There is only it, or this, or that.

If I could speak without using words
I would say nothing.
But we're on a forum so I have no choice to write words to look smart.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

That's not non dual enough.
There is no dream, for you need to think there is a dream for a dream to be.
There is only it, or this, or that.

If I could speak without using words
I would say nothing.
But we're on a forum so I have no choice to write words to look smart.

Beautiful. This belief of yours is poetic. A gift.