Spiral Wizard

kriya yoga - where to start?

46 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, lostmedstudent said:

@Space thank you space!

i am following what the book suggested in terms of prepping exercises..

did you use the book as well?

You can spend weeks or even months doing the prepping exercises. Seems like a waste of time to me. Just get to the main techniques laid out in the other books on Leo's booklist. Don't rely just on Kriya Secrets Revealed.

I used multiple books and picked the best/most effective out all of them.

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

It's been months since I have been doing the prep exercises and I still continue to do it. I wouldn't be so sure to dismiss them, just doing the first 3 gives me more silence in my sitting than traditional mediation. Really helps calm the system before the hardcore stuff. 

Edited by Pacific Sage

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

4 hours ago, Pacific Sage said:

It's been months since I have been doing the prep exercises and I still continue to do it. I wouldn't be so sure to dismiss them, just doing the first 3 gives me more silence in my sitting than traditional mediation. Really helps calm the system before the hardcore stuff. 

Do you do Mahamundra? Nothing creates more silence and relaxation than that as a preparation in my opinion. Especially so once you get to the point that you can do each rep comfortably in the 1-2 minute breath hold range. All the co2 from doing 9-12 moderate breath holds combined with the stretching just create massive amounts of bliss and relaxation.

1 hour ago, MountainCactus said:

Do you do Mahamundra? Nothing creates more silence and relaxation than that as a preparation in my opinion. Especially so once you get to the point that you can do each rep comfortably in the 1-2 minute breath hold range. All the co2 from doing 9-12 moderate breath holds combined with the stretching just create massive amounts of bliss and relaxation.

Not yet! Unfortunately I haven't been able to execute it for personal reasons, am really looking forward to doing Maha Mudra. I have read so much about it and the your experience has further motivated to do it! Can't wait to experience it.

I also want to the KP with visualization but since am unable to do Mahamudra yet I am only doing the 6 oms at the bruhmadya for now. I have read Mahamudra is very important to be accompanied with KP1.

I have tried forward bending though, have good experience with this.

Edited by Pacific Sage

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

@Leo Gura is there a way you can put a demonstration how to practice kriya yoga properly on your blog or on your channel ?

Those doing the techniques in KSR by Stevens,how does your daily routine look like? 
mine is 3x Maha mudra, 24x pranayama 10min meditation