FoxFoxFox

I am enlightend. I will answer your questions for a short while.

82 posts in this topic

Do you still go into thought stories about the past or the future, meaning "your life"?

Is there a sense of self experienced in the body? Do you feel separate, with the knowing that you aren't? Or is your moment to moment experience one of no-self?

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

10 minutes ago, Gili Trawangan said:

Do you still go into thought stories about the past or the future, meaning "your life"?

Is there a sense of self experienced in the body? Do you feel separate, with the knowing that you aren't? Or is your moment to moment experience one of no-self?

My mind is completely still for the most part until I need it in which case it becomes active. This process of stilling the mind actually started prior to enlightenment and afterwards only intensified. I do not feel any sense of separation whatsoever any more. If I do differentiate between objects its always with an intuitive knowledge that these separations are all arbitrary. The sense of self you mentioned does not exist in the body. It's everywhere.

Now that you're enlightened what are your plans?

Edited by Nak Khid

"Imagine that all around your body is an invisible field of peace and bliss. Try and surrender to that by giving in. Imagine you are expanding out of your skin to merge with that field. The obstacle will be the thoughts in your head trying to bring you back in your body. Whenever that happens, just kill the thought from the get go (clear your head) and resume. The intensity of your desire will determine your chance of success."

Is this the practice you did until enlightment happened?

Is this the same as feeling the sense IAM?

1 hour ago, Nak Khid said:

Now that you're enlightened what are your plans?

I don't have any special plans involving enlightenment. I'll share and help people seekers as they come, but don't plan on becoming a professional guru or anything.

47 minutes ago, Blissout said:

"Imagine that all around your body is an invisible field of peace and bliss. Try and surrender to that by giving in. Imagine you are expanding out of your skin to merge with that field. The obstacle will be the thoughts in your head trying to bring you back in your body. Whenever that happens, just kill the thought from the get go (clear your head) and resume. The intensity of your desire will determine your chance of success."

Is this the practice you did until enlightment happened?

Is this the same as feeling the sense IAM?

This was one of many aides and practices I used. It worked very well for me. I don't ascribe my success to any one practice though, rather I believe it was my intense desire (to the point of morbid fascination) for liberation that was the cause.

The "I am" sense is your sense of being alive and existing. It's completely obvious. You don't need any special mediation to feel it. Rather you must stop confusing it with the somatic sensations coming from your body. The practice I described above helps with that.

34 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

I don't have any special plans involving enlightenment. I'll share and help people seekers as they come, but don't plan on becoming a professional guru or anything.

This was one of many aides and practices I used. It worked very well for me. I don't ascribe my success to any one practice though, rather I believe it was my intense desire (to the point of morbid fascination) for liberation that was the cause.

The "I am" sense is your sense of being alive and existing. It's completely obvious. You don't need any special mediation to feel it. Rather you must stop confusing it with the somatic sensations coming from your body. The practice I described above helps with that.

Hmm, so the sense of being alive and the one you described above as imagining peace around you expanding from your skins are a bit different from each other? because the IAM (sense of being alive) is what nisargadatta did

Edited by Blissout

@FoxFoxFox Thanks for your insights. My questions are:

1) What were your reasons for leaving the forum? 

2) Since your awakening experience, what advice would you give to those who may be stuck in trying to grasp the conceptual understanding of this work? 

@FoxFoxFox

How do you make money to buy food? What kind of work do you do daily, or mainly? 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

28 minutes ago, Blissout said:

Hmm, so the sense of being alive and the one you described above as imagining peace around you expanding from your skins are a bit different from each other? because the IAM (sense of being alive) is what nisargadatta did

I'm not familiar with Nisargadatta, but the "I am" is the inherent sense of being that every human being has. It is mistakenly identified with the body in the sense of the ignorant person. The practice I described suggests that consciousness (which is peace- and blissful) is the totality of one's experience, whether it's in form of subtle thoughts/feelings or gross objects. The method aims to allow one to get rid of their bodily identification and to merge with the greater, liberated consciousness. Put another way, consciousness is already what one experiences, only personal tendencies trick you into thinking that you don't. 

32 minutes ago, Surfingthewave said:

@FoxFoxFox Thanks for your insights. My questions are:

1) What were your reasons for leaving the forum? 

2) Since your awakening experience, what advice would you give to those who may be stuck in trying to grasp the conceptual understanding of this work? 

1. At the time I felt I had nothing else to gain from studying the posts here. I had already spent a considerable time on the forums and asked enough questions. Basically I realized that the process for my awakening had already started and that I just had to wait for things to run their natural course.

2. Intellectual understanding is not all that useful outside of protecting you from fake information. I suggest reading scripture to gain a basic understanding, ignoring the Neo-advaitans entirely (nothing personal, just that there's too many of them and it's hard to distinguish the real ones from the fakes), and allowing the desire for liberation to consume as much of your time as possible. Finding a legitimate guru is also highly advised though difficult.

15 minutes ago, Chakra Lion said:

@FoxFoxFox

How do you make money to buy food? What kind of work do you do daily, or mainly? 

Does knowing the answer help you in any meaningful way or are you just curious?

@FoxFoxFox

My Curiousity is the way I find answeres. You don't have to answer. 

Whats your diet? How do many hours do you sleep?   

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

1 minute ago, Chakra Lion said:

@FoxFoxFox

My Curiousity is the way I find answeres. You don't have to answer. 

Whats your diet? How do many hours do you sleep?   

I don't mind the questions, but the answers to these questions are too mundane to matter. What I can tell you is that my lifestyle (food, sleep, etc) has had nothing to do with my realization. 0 impact. As for a job, I own a business (not involved in consumer markets).

Is it correct to say that the bottom line is, is that a practice isn't what made the final shift, but a set of words that triggered you?

". The realization came in a flash when I fully realized what exactly is meant by "it all happens within you"

HOW did you try to understand that it all happens within you?

Can I do the same?

Edited by Blissout

1 minute ago, Blissout said:

Is it correct to say that the bottom line is, is that a practice isn't what made the final shift, but a set of words that triggered you?

". The realization came in a flash when I fully realized what exactly is meant by "it all happens within you"

Not entirely. The words certainly did trigger the actual awakening, but the process has been the accumulation of several lifetime's worth of practice, meditation, sin and penance.

1 minute ago, FoxFoxFox said:

Not entirely. The words certainly did trigger the actual awakening, but the process has been the accumulation of several lifetime's worth of practice, meditation, sin and penance.

I understand when they say it all happens within me... but I guess it's an intelectual understanding, while in your case even though you had an intelectual understanding of it before, you now also have a direct experience of it

Did you experience any kind of Siddhis along your journey?

Thank you for answering the questions and good job on that awakening mah boy! 

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

On 04/08/2019 at 5:18 PM, FoxFoxFox said:

@Aakash There is no such thing as enlightenment, or enlightened people. 

Oops! ?

Edited by Lento

5 minutes ago, Blissout said:

I understand when they say it all happens within me... but I guess it's an intelectual understanding, while in your case even though you had an intelectual understanding of it before, you now also have a direct experience of it

Yes direct experience is king. No teaching is useful if it remains purely theoretical. I recommend directly investigating your own immediate experience.

6 minutes ago, undeather said:

Did you experience any kind of Siddhis along your journey?

Thank you for answering the questions and good job on that awakening mah boy! 

I remember my past lives and I can see auras. I do not plan on developing either ability. In my opinion self-realization is the highest achievement.

3 minutes ago, Lento said:

There is no such thing as enlightenment, or enlightened people. 

There really is no such thing as an enlightened person. Only an appearance of one for the benefit of others. Study the meaning of "persona" if you are interested. As I said before, the language surrounding "enlightenment" is a bit dumb, and mostly for convenience's sake.

1 hour ago, FoxFoxFox said:

Are you happy now?

Since you're enlightened, which path is unfolding to you, the hermit path or the bodhisattva path? Could you explain some of the tendencies of enlightened people becoming bodhisattvas or hermits? 

Also, why are you not interested in developing siddhis?! If I had a siddhi or two, I would be training them alongside the journey! Might be very useful later.

Edited by Danioover9000

I have a question about reincarnation for you. I've had a few weird dreams that stuck to me since childhood and haven't change in memory at all. Is this some indication that I've once lived like this in a past life? The memory stayed exactly as it is.