FoxFoxFox

I am enlightend. I will answer your questions for a short while.

82 posts in this topic

Someone who is enlightened, can say they’re enlightened.

Howveee the deepest realisations go beyond enlightenment?

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

I hope the LSD hasn't worn off yet xD

one day this will all be memories

How do you know your not missing anything? After all hundreds of saints and sages have only gone part of the way thinking they woke up completely. What makes you any different? 

Where is the crossing point between only partial awakening and full liberation and how do you know that?

17 minutes ago, Byun Sean said:

Where is the crossing point between only partial awakening and full liberation

@Byun Sean Excellent question. So many get stuck,  possibly for decades in that 'transitional phase'. 

How does one achieve final liberation?

8 hours ago, Bill W said:

Do you believe you are God? Serious question. 

I studied the etymology of the word and i'm convinced it means "One's own self". I don't believe in God as an all powerful entity that stands outside of consciousness and lords over it. Short answer: No.

8 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Welcome back @FoxFoxFox

Thank you. I won't be here for long though :)

8 hours ago, Mondsee said:

1) how old are you?
2) what methods were the most instrumental for your awakening?
3) how long were you "on the path"?
4) and one more that may seem unrelated, but I'm truly interested in: from the perspective of "enlightenment", what is procrastination?

1. 25

2. Surrender. Just consume yourself with the desire to awaken.

3. I don't know fore certain. A few years, but I do believe I've put in the work in a past life.

4. A symptom of depression or deep dissatisfaction with life.

8 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Why is there something rather than nothing rather than something?

Don't waste your time on nonsense. The point behind these Koans are to get your brain to be quiet, not finding and actual answer to them.

7 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

What exactly changed when you had this realization. Can you go into more detail about what happened that effectively ended your seeking?

Can you explain why whenever people give pointing out instructions, they always say they can't show you it they can only point you towards it? What are they pointing you (I know it's the non-dual nature of reality etc etc), but what part of my direct experience are the pointing out instructions getting me to observe?

Do you have tips for someone trying to awaken over a short period? I have 3 weeks off for Christmas break and I want to make some serious progress with my enlightenment work, do you have tips?

Well someone told me how they had realized how everything they feel and sense happens within their space of consciousness and that flicked the switch in my brain. It's as if it was an activation phrase. Mind you, I had several spiritual experiences before this and so I had already begun to "get it" so to speak, but hearing that from another person just started a wholly automatic process. What happened was that my sense of being a person collapsed, and the consciousness which I thought was trapped in my head prior revealed itself to actually be infinite.

The part about teachers being incapable of pointing it out to you is a bit of a lie. At the very least its exaggerated. That thing that they are pointing out is "you", literally ie. your direct experience. You don't need a sign to show you your direct experience. You are already keenly aware (for example your direct experience right now is one of reading these words). So then you need to get a sense of what you identify as yourself vs. not yourself (which for a typical person is defined by the boundaries of their body).

Once you have that sense of what you believe is yourself vs. other, try this practice:

Imagine that all around your body is an invisible field of peace and bliss. Try and surrender to that by giving in. Imagine you are expanding out of your skin to merge with that field. The obstacle will be the thoughts in your head trying to bring you back in your body. Whenever that happens, just kill the thought from the get go (clear your head) and resume. The intensity of your desire will determine your chance of success.

7 hours ago, Blissout said:

Did mental suffering such as future worried , anxiety, fear of death end? Or can you still experience those?

They are all appearances within consciousness. They lose their edge so to speak. They won't bother you anymore.

7 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

Is there reincarnation if so is it illusory self reincarnating lets say Harikrsihnan reincarnating as someone or something else or is a new illusion alltogether.

Yes there is. I am aware of my own past lives. When an ignorant person dies, their memories and tendencies construct a new "life" to be experienced anew. It's different for an enlightened person.

5 hours ago, Bill W said:

Is it normal etiquette for an enlightened person to appoint themselves as enlightened and refer to themselves as enlightened?

Is there some kind of quality control on it or verification process? 

For some people who awaken there is a deep desire to share the extreme joy they feel inside with others. The language used (the enlightened master vs ignorant pupil) is completely retarded from the master's point of view, but they usually roll with it due to various reasons - mostly convenience.

There is quality control but it's not available to a student outside of how peaceful they feel in presence of a teacher, but even that is not good enough because people with expertise at making you feel at lease exist who have evil intentions. If you can see auras, a guru will have a pure white or blue colored-aura.

1 hour ago, Byun Sean said:

How do you know your not missing anything? After all hundreds of saints and sages have only gone part of the way thinking they woke up completely. What makes you any different? 

Where is the crossing point between only partial awakening and full liberation and how do you know that?

There is really no such thing as partial awakening. You either get it or you don't. You might have many different realizations, but if it's not self-realization then it's not. After awakening your consciousness continues to expand infinitely. Some people also begin to develop certain abilities and powers. None of that means that new steps have been made in "deepening" one's enlightenment, though the experience becomes nicer as time passes. The actual next-step for an enlightened person happens at the moment of the body's death.

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

@Byun Sean Excellent question. So many get stuck,  possibly for decades in that 'transitional phase'. 

How does one achieve final liberation?

The above also relates to you. The liberation you'll feel from the moment of self-realization until your death is already satisfactory enough. You won't go yearn for more, but "moksha" happens when the body dies and consciousness manages to not lose itself. When that occurs you evolve from having to need bodily incarnation to experience or enact changes to something beyond.

The crossing point is the losing of one's belief that they exist inside a body, experiencing the outside world as an individual. The experience is always internal (it happens to you, by you, for you, and to you). There is no outside or inside.

Something tells me you have reached it. Anyway i am so happy for you and wish you best in realizing more if there is any. ❤

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

9 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Why is there something rather than nothing rather than something?

There isn't.  Something is nothing.  Nothing is something.  Infinity.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Raptorsin7 yes, correct. I'm just looking for things in common. My goal is not to test anyone or make projections. I asked out of curiosity.

@Raptorsin7 I'm suspicious that one's journey does impact your experience, not just a technique like meditation. You could call this karma if you want, but like I said, karma works in subtle, profound, and unique to one's life kind of ways.

1. What's more effective, dropping all beliefs, insights, experiences, till there's nothing left, or integrating all beliefs, insights, experiences, till its all integrated?

2. Desires for enlightenment are a double edge sword. If you believe the wrong stuff about enlightenment, you can go towards a direction of delusion and not even realise it, believing its actually enlightenment. You could also interpret your awakening experiences through the lens of the belief of this desire. But at the same time desire can be used to avoid procrastination or to overcome the ego's dislike for meditation. What's your experience with this?

3. Is truth and happiness correlated? 

Edited by electroBeam

@Key Elements I don't understand. Do you mean the way we live our lives in total affects our progression through non-dual teachings/progression, not just the meditation practice or other spiritual practice?

23 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Key Elements I don't understand. Do you mean the way we live our lives in total affects our progression through non-dual teachings/progression, not just the meditation practice or other spiritual practice?

Yes, correct. To me, it's a little of both and how it fits into one's life's journey. 

Tell me something, how did you find Leo and actualized.org in the beginning? What struck you the most to end up in his forum?

1 hour ago, Key Elements said:

Does this animation mean anything to you?

tumblr_n11jl2H98T1s4fz4bo1_r2_500.gif

Sure it's a modern model used to convey the concept of infinity. In the scriptures they like to say "there is a universe in each atom, and in the atoms of that universe still more universes". It's the same concept. Well it's true, but that said, having a conceptual understanding is not the same thing as realizing it directly. For the latter case, the model is useless. In other words, I would not say that this model represents enlightenment in any meaningful or accurate way.

50 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@FoxFoxFox You’ve come a long way. Welcome back ? 

Thank you :)

35 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

1. What's more effective, dropping all beliefs, insights, experiences, till there's nothing left, or integrating all beliefs, insights, experiences, till its all integrated?

2. Desires for enlightenment are a double edge sword. If you believe the wrong stuff about enlightenment, you can go towards a direction of delusion and not even realise it, believing its actually enlightenment. You could also interpret your awakening experiences through the lens of the belief of this desire. But at the same time desire can be used to avoid procrastination or to overcome the ego's dislike for meditation. What's your experience with this?

3. Is truth and happiness correlated? 

1. Becoming aware of consciousness directly and in the moment is the best approach. The two seemingly separate approaches you mentioned are really one and the same, they are just worded differently. When you become aware of consciousness, that results in surrender or integration (again these are the same). Focus on your direct experience, whatever it may be, and realize that whatever sensation you are experiencing is happening inside your space of consciousness AKA "You" or "I". If a car is moving in the distance, the sight of the car and the sound of its engine is happening within the same space the body is inhabiting. That's what's meant by the universe exists within (or is) consciousness itself, and that consciousnesses is you. Again, do not suffice to a conceptual imagining of what I'm saying. Really get in there and know it directly.

2. The aim is to wake up from a dream. It doesn't matter if you do it through sheer force of will and desire (ala Sivaists) or through abandoning worldly attachment (Zen etc.). In my case, I did it through intention. Concepts are useless for getting enlightened. Everything needs to happen in the moment and in your direct experience, rather than through imagination and thought. Lastly, there is no such thing as mistakenly believing yourself to be enlightened so long as you are honest with yourself. If you have doubts, you are not there yet, so be mindful of that and you should be good, desirous or not.

3. Happiness, as you know it is bondage and pain. You cannot be happy without creating the condition for misery since happiness is object-oriented. With enlightenment, the word often used is "bliss". It's inner, causeless joy accompanied by a conviction that you are in the truest sense of the word united and liberated. A person who is liberated, can experience the highest levels of pain and still be alright inside. They can experience the sensations of sadness, and still be free.

@FoxFoxFox ok. That's fine. To me, from my experience, it's not a model. It's a pointer.

Leo posted this once on his blog:

infinity.gif.d04975745c4b208d669ef25aeef65a2a.gif

I'm like, wow.

@Key Elements Sure it's a pointer towards your infinite nature, but it doesn't portray it accurately. And you don't need it, since infinity is always your direct experience regardless. But infinity doesn't look like that image, so as far as helping with recognizing the truth, i don't find it all that useful. Your results may vary :)