JKG

Removing Should-statements And Eventually Reaching Enlightenment

401 posts in this topic

@JKG Hey, that´s a very good idea. You know, right now I want to be structured, so I can handle the whole stuff :D it´s pretty hard to be like you (from my perspective) :) I´ll try that out :)

My Problem with Psychedelics

I have a little problem with this psychedelic stuff. It is not about psychedelics in general. I am so inspired by Leo's videos about them, especially the Al-Lad thing. I would love to take them and grow a lot from them. There is probably so much potential!

But I don't have regular opportunities to take them. I would be able to get at least some magic mushrooms through driving to Amsterdam. Just the location/setting is the problem. Leo said that you should take them at home, where everything is familiar, no danger, and no one could interrupt you. But I am almost never alone at home for a longer period of time, like 6 hours. There is always the potential that someone could come into my room because they want something from me. But when I am there in the middle of the trip... What would they think of me? They would think that I am totally crazy. And that would have bad consequences.

I maybe could get an opportunity when my family is on holiday. But then still my grandparents are there. Maybe in this time I could have 2 or three trips.

Or I could go away, rent a holiday flat for the trip, and have the trip there. But then my environment is not totally safe and familiar to me. And it takes money... Well, I have enough money and that would be worth it.

I don't have the opportunity to have regular trips for spiritual and personal development while living at home with my family.

Or could I do them at night??

I will have to figure this stuff out in the future. Maybe I will post a new topic about that.

Connection

One of my values is connection. And I felt how much happiness and fulfillment one can get from that.

In the last days or in the last week I spent more time with my sister. I tried to understand my father. I went with my family on a hike. I tried to feel their presence.

Today I met my best friend, we talked a lot, and I feel that we can be pretty authentic around each other. Not perfectly authentic, but a lot. This made me happy too. When we were walking around in the forest for about 2 hours I felt this deep sense of groundedness, like after a root chakra meditation, just more fulfilled.

Also nature brings connection. Nature brings connection towards nature, towards other beings and towards oneself.

I feel this love some times. It feels nice, very nice.

I've read in The Happiness Hypothesis about how important social relationships are to your happiness, fulfillment, health, immune system......

In the past (10-15 maybe) I was so "depressed" by this idea that one needs relationships so much. I was shy and didn't wanted this to be true, that I would have to get out of this comfort zone. But now this has changed a bit. It is a huge possibility. I can approach to people if I want to with not too much resistance.

I can learn so much from other people, from my reactions to other people. I can get out of my comfort zone. I can get new ideas and inspirations from them. They can open me to new opportunities...

People are beautiful. Not just people, all beings.

Hello all beings! You are beautiful. I love you. :x

Understanding

I feel like I have already studied too much. In chemistry class today we talked about the homework like all the time. I was one of the few who has made the complete homework. I was very bored, the class was very useless. I participated often and understood everything like perfectly.

If I could decide I would like to write the real final exam already in a few days. I feel so prepared already. Maths is also no problem. Just a few days of studying would be more than enough to get an A. And for history 2 weeks would also be enough.

But I like the studying in a way. Yesterday I practiced an old exam about synthetic materials and electrochemisty and it is just fun. My mind comes up with the answers or solution processes almost automatically and intuitively. I just know how to solve the tasks and don't have to think much about it. Thats the reason why I think "analyzing problems and finding solution processes" is my zone of genius. 

Yesterday evening I watched the documentary Leo posted about the inventor/discoverer/creator of MDMA (Ecstacy). He and this group of people who got interviewed there were chemists and by my now good knowledge about chemistry I was inspired too. It is so nice to understand a topic like chemistry deeply. I want to study chemistry in my free time in the future too, just because I love the understanding of it. It would be also useful for my research on psychedelics.

Their view on psychedelics was also so cool. There are just these receptors in the brain. They have to be there for some reason. And they study which chemicals activate these receptors and what the receptors do with our consciousness. It depends on which substituents are on the molecules. 
And their view on the American war on drugs is also interesting. Psychedelics will definitively be a subject for me to research in the future. Not just theoretically, also practically :D

I also like understanding history deeply although I am not interested in it intrinsically. I like to understand how society evolved over time and what to learn from it. I could be fascinated by any topic if I just study it deeply enough. Physics, Biology, Sociology, Economics, Mysticism... But I will chose the subject that will be most relevant at the time.

This shows my character strength: curiosity and interest in the world!

Throughout the day I just think of so many stuff that I could write here about and hear my inner voice already formulating the text... Then when I stand here and want to write I forgot most of the stuff... Ah I got something!

Intuition

In chemistry class I thought (while I was bored) about that I want to send all my "friends" in school after leaving school a text message with some personal development videos. I want to at least just give them a hint for the topic.

And there is this one "fiend" who has funnily the same first name as I, which has so low self-esteem. She is quite extroverted, but she has so many limiting beliefs. I want to send her soon her a video about limiting beliefs. Just because the intuition tells me this, to get out of my comfort zone, and I am curious to see her reaction.

Insight

Some little insights. They were not very deep, but at least little insights. Maybe they were insights and then converted into conceptual knowledge, but better than nothing.

I am my perceptions - I just want to touch those perceptions and sights like a material picture to see what they are made of. There are just these freaking perception. But what are they???

I am so alone. There is no one else there. Just perceptions.

Every perception just gets converted into a concept. For themselves the perceptions have no meaning. I don't even know what they are made of.

Teachers

I think I will miss some of my teachers. Although today was a long day of school, I enjoyed most of the classes because these teachers often just talk about interesting stuff, and they have a lot of life experience.

I will miss my history teacher. I am grateful that I had him now for three years. He knows almost everything and tells so great stories. You don't just learn all the relevant stuff for your exams, also background stories and an understanding of how history works. Today for example he explained us why the people in the DDR (the former east Germany formed by the sowjet union) still felt like they were free although the economy was highly controlled by the state and the sowjet union. They were highly sexual. And also they liked it to be on "FKK-Stränden" (beaches where everyone was naked). They even had sex there! My teacher tells the stories brilliantly.
He also prepares me and a "friend" very good for our exams (only we two write an exam out of our whole class).

I also like my computer science teacher. I would consider him to be yellow. He makes me fascinated about certain topics within the field of computer science. I can also see that he is very nice, kind, loving, empathic...

I like my current social science teacher (although she is just a replacement for my normal teacher). She can just talk and I am very interested in what she has to tell. You can see that she is also interested in the subject. She is engaged in project groups. She sells fair trade organic chocolate and sweets with students from lower years. And the money they earn she sends to projects in Africa.
And today she just brought us apples. Just for fun :D And I got 14 points from her. Thats also nice.

Aaand my chemistry teacher. She as a person is not very interesting or has particularly interesting stuff to tell us. But I like her character. She is pretty old-fashioned but that makes her kind of cute. Some of her reactions to swearwords which some of the students make is just totally funny.

Almost only 5 weeks left... I feel like I need to savor these experiences and enjoy the last weeks with the teachers and other "friends."

And in two days I will turn 18... Scary.

I don't want to continue my daily private journal anymore. Therefore I will post more there, more thoughts, more ideas, more plans... Just private situations I will write down in my private journal.

Birthday

The 4th of March is a strange date. It looks cool to me. Always when I see "4th of March" I think on what a cool sounding day I have birthday.

I am 18 now. An adult. Thinking about it is strange. I have a greater sense of freedom - more opportunities, I don't have to ask my parents for something, I can write my own sick notes for school, I can drive alone...

I was allowed to pick up my grandmother alone with the car. After I dropped her up at her home and I drove back home, I could make the music in the radio as loud as I wanted to and sing to it. That was nice. And I like driving car at the moment. Its fun.

I got new in-line skater blades and in the morning I was outside with my sister driving them. I like it and it opens a new possibility for movement.

At some point I will get a futon, a Japanese kind of hard bed. My family doesn't like it when I sleep on the floor, but a hard bed would also be fine.

My mother bought me vegan food stuff like raw cacao beans or coconut puree. My sister bought me a calender with quotes about dreams. It is funny to read those quotes because they say exactly that what my family doesn't want me to do...

My father searched for old childhood pictures of me. Those he projected onto a wall while the family was there. I must say that I was a cute baby :D I laughed a lot - at least on these pictures - and it looked very nice. But when puberty began I laughed less and less and my smiles looked not so nice anymore. 

My little cousins are there. The smallest one is soo cute.

My family has prepared way too much cake. I ate three pieces, one was vegan... But now I feel bad again, like every time.

And I noticed that I am still very bad at expressing love. It feels so embarrassing in front of my parents/family or towards my parents/family. That is something I have to work on.

Exams

Tomorrow I am writing my first pre final exam. The exams happen under final exams conditions, so we get familiar with the conditions for the actual exams. Teachers track when we go to the toilet, we are not allowed to leave the corridor... And the exams take 4.25 hours.

I feel well prepared. I know almost everything and can apply my knowledge well and relatively quickly. I practiced a few old exams and they went okay. Today I even found an synthetic material exam about carbon fibres, a topic we discussed lately in class. Maybe my teacher will pick this exam. I practiced it and understood all of the solutions. It would just be great if she picked this one.

Within the field of electrochemistry I have little gaps of knowledge just because every textbook explains it the same way and every explanation makes no sense or I don't understand it. Nor my teacher does, nor the other students. What the hell is the difference between "Polatisationsspannung" und "Diffusionsstrom?" I just memorized most of the explanations. I hope this is enough.

Today I kind of analyzed my learning style. I learn and memorize well when I collect, filter and sort information from studying materials and then make my own notes out of it. I have to use the information actively. Best is creating diagrams, mind maps or pictures out of it. The disadvantage is just that it takes a lot of time. Speaking about the material and explaining it through language would also be okay.
But I hate just processing the information passively. I learn almost nothing from just reading or hearing something. At some point I get bored and don't pay real attention to the material anymore.

I love studying with the promodoro technique. I get very much done in relatively little time, without distracting myself. I tested out some apps and now found a good one. I start at 7 to 8 am and then do 4 sessions. At that time I am kind of exhausted and make myself some breakfast. Then I continue with another 2 to 4 sessions. This way I get easily 3 to 4 hours of effective studying.

Tomorrow in the morning I want eat a smaller smoothie and take some fruits with me for the exam. I plan to go to the toilet maybe in the 4th period, so I shouldn't drink too much in the beginning.

And in a few minutes I want to try something out with the subconscious mind. I want to program it for 30 minutes for total confidence and success in the exam. I want to get into the exam in a good mood, expecting having fun from the tasks. I will solve the problems easily. If I have a block I will continue with the problem later on and in the mean time my mind will figure out the solution out for me. It will work perfectly, I will feel great, be in flow, have enough time... And in a few weeks I will get my exam back and it will say "15 POINTS!!!"

I know the structure of the exams, I know how to deal with the exams. I just have to remember to read the exam carefully and understand the tasks correctly. This were my main mistakes from practicing old exams.

It will work out so great. Tomorrow at this time I will stand here again and write about how well the exam went! :D

The Chemistry Exam

What was the exam like? Not as good as I expected. I sat there, got the exam, looked at it and thought "shit, it is not the carbon fiber exam." It began with electrochemistry and I firstly didn't understand even the first exercise. I was very unsure. I did something and that looked kind of right at the end. But I knew that there were mistakes. It was about electrolysis and that part I don't like about electrochemistry. There are other topics I like much more like the Faraday laws or solubility product. After 1.5 hours I was done with this first half of the exam.

The synthetic material part was better. It was about chewing gums. I already saw the solutions and I have most of the stuff correct. This part took me longer because my concentration faded a bit.

After the exam I was knocked out. I talked with the other students and they said that they also didn't like electrochemistry. We all had so many different solutions for this task. But now I know that I have the wrong one. And because of that I have also other parts of the exam wrong.

It will definitively not be 15 points, nor 14. With luck maybe 13, but rather 12 or 11.

At the lunch break I was pretty disappointed. My mind got into this loop of negative thinking. I started comparing myself to others. "I have studied much more than the others and will probably not get a much better grade than them. This is so unfair..."

I also felt kind of shitty throughout the rest of the day... At the very low I just wanted to have these spiritually happy times again. Why can't just life be all the time easy, good, happy...

Why did I even want to be so good in the exam? Why do I start thinking all this negative shit? Why do I suffer from this stuff?

Ego, ego, ego. There is still this inferiority stuff inside my mind. I want to be superior, feel superior, get appreciation... I have neglected working on this stuff.

All the time when I felt inferior I have pushed this aspect of myself, that I am not always so superior, into the shadow aspect of myself. I have to face these fucking inner demons. I have to do the shadow work...

And through interactions with my parents today (they were annoyed from each other), I saw how all these people also have these deep emotional problems within themselves. If they would just work on this for some time, they will benefit their whole life.
But I see myself also resisting this work. I am not much different from the ordinary person. i have to do the emotional labor. Otherwise life will be like hell.

Suffering, suffering, suffering, created by the ego, ego, ego...

46 minutes ago, JKG said:

Why did I even want to be so good in the exam? Why do I start thinking all this negative shit? Why do I suffer from this stuff?

Ego, ego, ego. There is still this inferiority stuff inside my mind. I want to be superior, feel superior, get appreciation... I have neglected working on this stuff.

All the time when I felt inferior I have pushed this aspect of myself, that I am not always so superior, into the shadow aspect of myself. I have to face these fucking inner demons. I have to do the shadow work...

And through interactions with my parents today (they were annoyed from each other), I saw how all these people also have these deep emotional problems within themselves. If they would just work on this for some time, they will benefit their whole life.
But I see myself also resisting this work. I am not much different from the ordinary person. i have to do the emotional labor. Otherwise life will be like hell.

Suffering, suffering, suffering, created by the ego, ego, ego...

It´s ok to be not the best :) it´s ok to suffer. Without suffer there is no happiness :) maybe you have exaggerated a little with learning :/

4 hours ago, JKG said:

I used to be very similar to you in high school. I was never really scared or anxious about taking exams but I felt like I always had to prove something. This is a poor way to approach learning and life in general. I can tell you already know this to some degree.

I know I post a lot of Sadhguru videos :D but I think you will like this one, he has good advice for students:

Good luck! ;) 

Edited by Marc Schinkel

A School Day - 3

Today in one month, on the 7th of April, I have my last school day ever. 3.5 weeks of normal school, and one week of "Intensivwiederholung" (intensive revision). Kind of scary. Therefore I now want to capture some more regular school days.

I woke up at 6am, did my normal morning routine stuff. I normally have in the first two periods no classes. I looked on the school homepage and saw that I also had physics class free. That meant that I had time until 11:30am. I went running, had breakfast, meditated for an hour, and then went to school.

Then I had two hours of the additional maths course. I just practiced for the maths exam on Thursday. In the lunch break I stayed in school and continued studying. Also my history teacher came to me and explained to me a lot about the exam. It is kind of funny because he just speaks and speaks and speaks and I maybe say 5 words... :D

In the afternoon I had computer science class. We talked about networks, I participated well and I found it a bit interesting. It was about peer-to-peer-networks. At some point one student asked something about the dark net. I found that particularly interesting (because of psychedelics :D ).

After school I went in-line skating for 20 minutes. I recognized that I have to learn to slow down, while I drove down a descend that lead to a big street. It also began to rain a little bit, but not too much.

Now in the evening I started watching a documentary about people who were acted against the NS-regime like Georg Elser.

A School Day - 4

Yesterday I realized that I will miss the school a lot. The time flies by so quickly. If I don't be careful it will be gone in a blink of an eye. I feel like I need to make sure to capture as much as possible in this little time left.

My morning I spent stretching and studying a bit of maths. I revised old stuff and looked for some definitions I forgot. Then at 10am I went to school and had maths class. We just talked about questions of others and about the exam tomorrow. Afterwards I rode back home and got pretty wet from the rain.

I meditated for an hour and did self-inquiry. Perception is so weird. I looked at summaries about the happiness hypothesis to get some inspiration for my summary. I ate a salad and a smoothie in my sisters room and then went to school.

I was allowed to drive to school with the car on my own because it rained a lot. I was a little bit nervous because of the parking situation at our school. But I found directly a good parking lot.

In chemistry to revised the rest about electrochemistry. The other students had to do tasks which I already had done at home. I got other tasks to do. Then we started revising the worst topic, acid-base-reactions. I remembered quite a lot and we started doing tasks about that too. They were pretty easy as soon as I understood what they wanted from me.
In the break we also took group pictures for our "Abizeitung" (a paper with memories and pictures of all the photos). We all wore our T-Shirts where is written "talk N Er Dy to me" is written on. The "nerdy" is made out of elements from the periodic table of elements. 

Now I am back home, drink tea and continue to sum up The Happiness Hypothesis.

I have finished reading "The Happiness Hypothesis" by Jonathan Haidt and made myself a list of the most important practical concepts for myself. I will write some of those down on sheets of paper and put them onto my door.

The Happiness Hypothesis - Summary

Happiness comes from between

It comes from getting the right relationships between yourself and others, yourself and your work, and yourself and something larger than you.

-> love, work, self-transcendence

The Rider and The Elephant

Superego -> Ego <- Id

conscience -> rider <- elephant

lasting change can only come from training the elephant

helping the elephant to make better choices

strong rider is needed

Passionate and Compassionate Love

passionate love: wildly emotional state; like a drug

compassionate love: affection we feel for those with whom our lives are deeply intertwined; grows slowly over the years

myth of true love: true love seems to be passionate love that never fades -> biologically impossible

Happiness Formula

H=S+C+V

H = Happiness

S = biological setpoint

C = external conditions -> constant over time, likely to adapt to; most important part love and work (pursuing the right goals)

V = voluntary activities -> things you can choose to do; greater promise for increasing happiness

Progress Principle

"pre-goal attainment positive affect" -> pleasurable feelings you get as you make progress toward a goal

"post-goal attainment positive affect" -> arises once oyu have achieved something you want; short-lived feeling of release

-> we get more pleasure from making progress toward our goals than we do from achieving them

Relationships

strengthens the immune system, extends life, speeds recovery, reduces the risks of depression

we need to interact and intertwine with others; we need to give(!) and to take; we need to belong

you need constraints/obligations to have something worth living for

Virtue

areté = (functional) excellence, virtue, goodness

eudaimonia = happiness; an activity of soul in conformity with excellence or virtue

a good life is one where you develop your strengths, develop your potential, and become what it is in your nature to become

Attachment

attachment brings pain but also our greatest joy

inconspicuous consumption = goods and activities valued for themselves; consumed more privately

-> striving for the right attachments

A School Day - 5

In the morning I've had the maths exam. I liked it. I was kind of in a flow state while doing it. It wasn't particularly hard but I had time pressure. At the end everything with the time worked out well. I feel like I have answered almost all of the tasks correctly. There are just a few minor mistakes. I fell like it will be an A, something like 14 points.

Afterwards I was quite happy. Then we had another maths class, but there the other students and our teacher ordered pizza. I did my homework for social science. And we did a picture for the "Abizeitung" too. We all wore our maths hoddies where this is written on.

The lunch break I spend with my friend. At some point another student came to us. Just to have something to talk about we asked her what she will do after school. She has no idea. So we started giving funny advices, like studying horse science or breeding dogs. After some time this student was probably annoyed by us :D and went away to the other cool people. Then we just talked about the time after school and history stuff.

In the afternoon I firstly had history. I was pretty tired from the exam and my teacher just talked and talked and talked. Sometimes the stuff he talks about is interesting, but when I am tired I sometimes just want the lessons to be over.
At least he told some funny stories. His wife is working in some kind of social organization and there was one case that there is a 29 year old grandfather. There was also other funny stuff but I already forgot it.
He also talked about his retirement. In 10 years he will retire and will earn 2/3 of his current income. That will be quite a lot because he is the deputy director of our school.
I feel like he has a very good life, for a non spiritual person. He kind of has done everything right. His relationships seem to be very good. He has a extroverted personality, is interesting and has probably good friends. His family relationships also seem very good. His work life is also good. He is very interested in history and such social stuff. He has worked his way up from a normal teacher to a deputy director. He tries to make the school life better etc. His work has meaning to him. Just the spirituality is missing.

Then I had also social science. For most of the time we talked about the boring homework which was about how the European union has formed after World War II. We also watched YouTube videos about the different organizations of the EU.
My teacher also noted that a secretary in an EU organization earns twice as much as she does, a regular teacher. A secretary 6000€ per months?!?!?!!

Always after this history - social science afternoon I feel like it is very important to know the workings of society and to be a responsible citizen. I like it to understand this stuff.

At 5:45pm I was home and just prepared and ate food. Now I am writing this and soon its time for the evening routine stuff. Only 3 of these long Thursdays left in my whole life. Almost just 3 normal weeks of school. Scary, strange, awesome, threatening... like always.

On 3/9/2017 at 3:19 PM, JKG said:

Scary, strange, awesome, threatening... like always.

Haha, story of my life =]

It is so cool to see your progress. You have become so mature! Thanks for sharing your how you are feeling about your last few weeks of high school. You have really captured the feeling, and it made me think about how I felt when high school was about to end for me. I am very happy that you are grateful for your teachers. I liked the story of you and your friend talking to that girl haha.

You're awesome! :)

Elliott Hulse

I watched some videos by Elliott Hulse in the last days. Oh man, I can feel this love, masculinity, authenticity, strength in this guy. He has made a lot of development. There is a lot I can learn from him. I especially find this Bioenergetics stuff interesting.

Wim Hof

I also become more interested in Wim Hof again. He resonates with Elliott Hulse too. Right now, standing here in the warmth I am motivated to take cold showers in the morning again and get into the garden and let my sister pour cold water over me.

Getting Initially out of the comfort zone

But everytime when I want to do such things there is this initial resistance. But then when I did this step out of the comfort zone I get empowered. The cold is your teacher, like Wim Hof says it. There is a lot to learn from getting into the cold and beating the resistance.

Honesty

When I now thing about the book Radical Honesty I almost immediately feel the resistance. I know what I should be honest about. I should have a long conversation with my parents and tell them what I think about their marriage. And I should express love to them, and hug them for example. But this resistance!

I will watch how this feeling progresses and journal about it. There will come the right time and I will feel it.

I kind of just want to push these thoughts and the resistance away and emerge in unconscious behavior, and not think about such uncomfortable stuff. But then it comes to my mind that life will not improve through this and in the future I will regret it. If I do this I will benefit from it a lot in the future. I would be able to express my emotions, clear blockages... I already became better with it, but really not enough.

Neti Neti Meditation

I did this today, just for 35 minutes after the mindfulness technique. I forgot how deep I can go with this technique if I am just alert enough. Today I was so deep, so deep I haven't been in quite a while. But this deepness is on the absolute level not very deep, not at all.

I want to read the book again and master this technique together with mindfulness.

Feeling Blessed

Today again was a birthday "party" with the broader family because of my sister and myself. I hate this day of the year, because of all the cake and all the stress my parents have. This time my father made 4 cakes... And that causes a lot of stress and bad mood for him.

Anyways, I feel blessed to have this family. I am living in a great time, where there is no war and no people out of a family die because of war. I realized that through studying the German history after the World War II. (In June 1947 the German population just got 750 calories each day!) My family is relatively healthy and wealthy.

And I got presents again. I got a big smoothie book. And I got tea, some sort of oat meal and snacks. And I got money (so much :o)and credit notes. And I got two new books: "Loving What Is" by Byron Katie and "Taming Your Gremlin" by Rick Carson. Just looking through those books made me excited to read and learn from them.

By the way: I hate cake. I ate 5 pieces today. I feel terrible.

Apes

I continued reading "Our Inner Ape" and I am astronished by how much we can learn just from apes. I am in the chapter about power and its so cool. Some stuff I underlined:

• allegory of modern humanity: like violent apes, covered in our own blood, we long for reassurance. Despite our tendency to maim and kill, we want to hear that everthing will be alright.
  • No male can rule by himself, at least not for long, because the group as a whole can overthrow anybody... = human politics
  • Power is the prime mover of the male chimpanzee
  • death is the ultimate price of trying to reach the top
  • being in a position of power is stressful.
  • stress compromises the immune sytem
  • A male can increase his progeny by mating with many females while keeping rivals away. The females goes for quality rather than quantity.
  • Risk-taking is a male characteristic, as is the hiding of vulnerabilities
  • men have been socialized into hiding emotions
  • girls competed only if necessary, but boys seemed to do so just for the sake of it.
  • they desperately want to find our where they stand relative to one another
  • knocking a male of his pedestal gets the same reaction as yanking the security blanket away from a baby

What these male chimpanzees are doing seems to me like a perfect discription of what the boys in my high school are doing all the time. They are just apes, driven by their instincts. So funny of thinking of certain people this way and seeing them as babies covering themselves with blankets, just to hide their true emotions.

Change

Its a time of change and I really like this change now. I am growing. I love this.

Notes

I now have removed the old quotes from my door and put new quotes, pictures and ideas from The Happiness Hypothesis on it. Now when I look on my door I see in huge letters "Areté" (virtue, goodness, excellence) and "Eudaimonia" (happiness, a life lived well, flourishing, actualizing). I love these concepts. Maybe soon as much as Brian Johnson:

5 hours ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

Haha, story of my life =]

It is so cool to see your progress. You have become so mature! Thanks for sharing your how you are feeling about your last few weeks of high school. You have really captured the feeling, and it made me think about how I felt when high school was about to end for me. I am very happy that you are grateful for your teachers. I liked the story of you and your friend talking to that girl haha.

You're awesome! :)

Yes, I make progress.

Yes, I become more mature.

Yes, I am awesome. :D

Thank you for this comment. :x

Top 10 Values

1. Peace of Mind
  2. Physical Well-Being
  3. Connection
  4. Productivity/Progress
  5. Understanding
  6. Arete
  7. Clarity
  8. Purification
  9. Freedom/nature
  10. Contribution

Top 5 Strengths

1. Hope, Optimism, Future-mindedness
  2. Curiosity and Interest in the World
  3. Appreciation of Beauty and Excellence
  4. Perspective Wisdom
  5. Spirituality, Sense of Purpose, Faith

Today was a really nice day. An awesome day.

I now only have to concentrate on studying history. I write the exam on Friday and already feel well prepared. Today I have done 6 promodoro sessions. I finished writing down my notes for 1945-1949 and just have to revise them once in a while to get all the facts into my mind. Then I started looking what I have to study for commemorative culture about the Nazi time. I don't like that topic. I was sick when we did this in class, so I just have the facts from our book. Well, I have to ask my teacher tomorrow.

At some point I didn't wanted to study anymore. I felt still alert and went into the tree house at about 11am to meditate. I firstly did 15 minutes of mindfulness meditation and then 1 hour of neti neti. I didn't got that deep because I got kind of disrupted. I have hay fever at the moment and the mucus running down the nose is a bit annoying.

When I went back into the house I felt like its time to eat. I made myself my Sunday buckwheat porridge like always. After that I watched a bit of Leos new video.

Surprisingly my concentration level didn't go down today. I was relatively alert even after the meal and although in the early afternoon I always get sleepy. The whether was gorgeous and I went outside into the sun and to read.

Then I went in-line skating while listening to Leos video. It was like pure joy. The sky was totally blue, the temperatures were nice, I could hear the birds, I was moving, I got new inspirations... I got so much energy. And Leos video was just perfect. On my way back home I skated onto a little "hill" and got a lot of speed while skating down. I felt like a little child and remembered playing on this hill with my childhood fried driving there down with out wave-boards.

Back home I went into the garden and tried to contemplate. I chose love as the object because I felt love at that moment. I already had a little bit of success.

Then I went back inside because I felt like I could get a little sunburn. I went into my sisters room because she was away and there is a nice location to read.

What I also did this afternoon was reading a part of Neti Neti Meditation and trying to apply it directly, because I feel like I go over these areas in the actual meditation just on the surface. So I tried to deeply feel that I am not the body, not even located in the head.

I looked at my values and strengths again and updated them a little bit.

And I visualized stuff for about half an hour. I did it more deeply than my usual morning visualization. Life will just become so amazing and fulfilling.

And I socialized a little bit with the family, concentrating a little bit on contemplating love and relationships.

This contemplation stuff is very inspiring. I already got many ideas on what I want to contemplate:

• love
  • realtionship
  • color
  • sound
  • feeling
  • emotions
  • artificial intelligence
  • belief
  • knowledge
  • mathematics
  • life
  • my life purpose