Thetruthseeker

Spiral dynamics and Uk election

27 posts in this topic

I’m just trying to get a grasp on Uk politics and the election results in regards to spiral dynamics 

Brexit in itself seems stage blue to me - us and them and division - so Nigel Farage, Brexit party etc would be stage blue 

conservatives with Boris Johnson seem stage orange - all about the economy, business and looking after the well off

jeremy Corbyn seems more stage green on his ideas of equality etc 

but I think the problem has been that Corbyn hasn’t related to his people who are more stage blue and want to leave the EU etc. He gets called a ‘Marxist’ but it that just because stage blue/orange and afraid of stage green leader ... 

And obviously the Green Party seem very stage green talking about climate change etc, and wanting remain. But again, we’re not evolved enough to be ready for that 

im totally guessing on these predictions and would love to know peoples opinions on the spiral on Uk politics and this election result 

That's a good summary mate. 

But it goes way deeper due to the vested interests for Stage Orange and Blue, a development to Stage Green will never be easy, and this campaign proved that, we need a less radical leader I feel as this country isn't ready for Corbyn clearly!

The problem is with that kind of majority we're looking at a decade of Boris Johnson, oh well. 

At least now Brexit is done, focus on real politics will be resumed, and maybe another 5 years of human development will see us ready for Green, the 18-30s are mainly Green so as that generation age and the younger generation come through as green, it's only a matter of time until we do evolve!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

I highly recommend a book called The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Righteous_Mind

https://righteousmind.com

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

I have been analysing Brexit/ this latest election from a SD perspective too, and the only conclusion I can come up with is that I've underestimated the strength of the ego backlash against Green that Blue/Orange would have in the face of globalisation / changing environmental realities and so on. I thought that the election of Trump in the US would force the rest of the developed world to push more strongly towards Green, but clearly Blue/Orange simply has too much cultural sway over the industrialised countries these days for there to be a smooth, straight-forward transition.

Still, Bernie remains a strong possibility in 2020. In some sense this prolonged Blue/Orange backlash may be what's needed for the global noosphere to manifest enough Green goodwill to finally see a Green president enter the White House (which would then drag the rest of the world closer up to Green in the coming years.) It sucks for the individual countries manifesting these Blue/Orange politicians for the time being (UK, Australia, Brazil, Hungary, etc.), but then again human evolution has never been easy. I'd say it's still up to us here to fight the good fight and continue to propagate Green causes, because sooner or later they will arrive. Things are still up in the open. We can harness this opportunity.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

@Apparition of Jack Yep, that sounds about right. 

Growth is never easy, so growing to SD Green over here in the UK will be tough, too many with nationalist views atm, but the young generation are VERY green, so hopefully if that continues over the next 10-20 years, many more will follow suit. 

The rise of movements such as Veganism, Animal Rights, Workers Rights etc will all help spearhead people's growth!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Nationalism and other spiral dynamics stage orange/blue values are just too strong cards right now.

@LfcCharlie4 it’s interesting how the younger people mostly voted labour and older people mostly voted Tory 

one would have thought as you got older in life you would develop and go through the spiral. But it’s almost like people don’t develop at all, and younger people are coming in more developed than older people. 

33 minutes ago, tenta said:

Nationalism and other spiral dynamics stage orange/blue values are just too strong cards right now.

This is a problem since we are in a moment in human history where we need an incredible amount of cooperation on a global scale to address the existential crisis we all face - The Climate Crisis. If nation states solely focus on serving their own best interest little if no substantial progress can be made. And we are running out of time. We cannot wait for the collective conscious of humankind to rise to the point where we it prioritizes something as urgent as the climate crisis. That is a sure path to extinction quite frankly. 

Edited by abundance

I am Boris. So are you dear reader. One

Self-Love

“Forgive them for they know not what they do.”

Forgive them for they are unconscious mechanical animals with no free will, thus they know not what they do.

Love.  

“No one does anything inappropriate, wrong or bad given their model of the world.”   

The little one has No Free Will. Biological life has No Free Will. 

One.

“Humanity is now faced with a stark choice: Evolve or die. … If the structures of the human mind remain unchanged, we will always end up re-creating the same world, the same evils, the same dysfunction.”  

“What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.”  

Edited by SoothedByRain

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

@Thetruthseeker Jeremy Corbin is Red-Blue mainly.

Boris johnsson is clearly better choice than him.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

@Thetruthseeker why?

1. He is an Antisemitist.

2. He Supoorts BDS.

3. He supports the terror organizations Hamas and Hizbollah.

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

6 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

@Thetruthseeker why?

2. He Supoorts BDS.

1 hour ago, Nivsch said:

@Thetruthseeker Jeremy Corbin is Red-Blue mainly.

Boris johnsson is clearly better choice than him.

LMAO!

No, Corbyn is stage green, mostly, with some blue and a tinge of red. He failed to integrate stages orange ( his lack of coming up with a solid plan and strategy for Brexit) and stage blue, which he could not craft a persuasive message to rally stage blue to him. Him saying he's an antisemitic person, supports BDS and terror organizations Hamas and Hizbollah is his desperate attempt to appeal to the middle eastern migrant's population here to vote for him. These attempts are him, who also failed to integrate stage red, reaching out to some of the stages red/blue migrants for more votes.

Boris Johnson is only better than him because he has integrated more orange than Corbyn, and has more mastery of rationality and persuasion. Combined with a better campaign team more organized than Corbyn's own, with more resources than Corbyn, it is frankly obvious who would win the election. Now Corbyn has recently declared a possibility of him retiring early, basically a polite way of running away with your tail between your legs. A great example for anyone here studying spiral dynamics and growing consciousness and integrating stages - this is not what you want to become.

I'm looking forward to who would actually be Boris's rival in the near future. It's definitely not Corbyn.

41 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

@Thetruthseeker why?

2. He Supoorts BDS.

Criticism of Israel does not equate to anti-Semitism.

10 hours ago, Thetruthseeker said:

@LfcCharlie4 it’s interesting how the younger people mostly voted labour and older people mostly voted Tory 

one would have thought as you got older in life you would develop and go through the spiral. But it’s almost like people don’t develop at all, and younger people are coming in more developed than older people.

This is to be expected.

Older generations always have less progressive values. Progress is always made by the older generation dying off, not evolving. It's easier for most people to die off than evolve up two Spiral stages.

Newer generations are always more progressive. Because it's easier to simply be born later than to grow out of your old ways.

Which is why people under 35 overwhemlingly support Bernie while Biden's supporters are mostly over 50.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On average would you say that each generation go up one stage? If I look at my dad's side his parents were blue, he is orange and me and my brother are green, but if you look at my mums side, her parents are blue, my mum is blue/orange and me and my brother are green.So my mum was the only one who didn't go up a stage in a generation. This makes me think my kids will be yellow.

1 hour ago, andyjohnsonman said:

This makes me think my kids will be yellow.

Not so fast. We are a long way from Yellow as a society.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@andyjohnsonman You can't get kids to be yellow only by education. A kid will still have to exhaust all the stages before yellow and to learn it from his experience in his own mind and in socializing that its worthwhile for him. It gonna takes at least decade or two.

Edited by Nivsch

On 14/12/2019 at 5:16 AM, andyjohnsonman said:

On average would you say that each generation go up one stage? 

I known that development was historically speeding up from purple to red to blue, but realistically we are looking at hundreds of years for the whole society to progress and move on. The UK is frankly still in progress from blue to orange at the moment, with a small percent, maybe 2 or 3 % spearheading into green. But it's ok, we are where we are, it's more important to learn our lessons thoroughly than to try and rush through. 

Edited by silene
Clarity.