TDW1995

Enlightenment Work and Losing Interest in Career

37 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, pluto said:

Career is insignificant compared to soul purpose. Once you reunite with the true self and see your true purpose, then everything else will fall into place. All aspects of life will fall into harmony and flow effortlessly because when you are aligned, reality aligns because its one and the same.

There was never a separation(illusion) nor is there a purpose. Everything is already in Harmony and effortlessly flowing you just do not see it ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

7 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

How common is K2 Spice abuse in the Navy or is that going on more in the Army?

It was also a pretty serious problem in the Navy back in 2009 to 2013...it seemed to die after that ?

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Edited by VeganAwake

On 12/14/2019 at 10:02 AM, Leo Gura said:

There isn't a safe way. Safety is a concern of the ego-mind. You must surrender to the possibility of the worst happening.

Of course don't do anything foolish like jump of a bridge or burn down your boss's office.

Lol

@TDW1995

On 12/13/2019 at 3:39 AM, TDW1995 said:

Doing enlightenment work has led to a losing of interesting in my career.  I used to grow myself by studying topics in my career, but lately I've been putting all of my attention into meditation and self-inquiry, and no time into reading books to grow myself in my career.  I'm concerned that I will gradually continue to lose interest my work, but at the same time, I believe that enlightenment work will be way more valuable than my career.  Does anyone else feel a loss of interest in other activities while doing enlightenment work? 

Yeah I find it hard to talk about anything else other than god, enlightenment or philosophy. Especially because of the nature of how my brain works I think. Obsessive kinda. But I really don't mind that. I can't take drugs or go partying without having fucking visions of the lord haha it's cool tho

Very common. Same happened to me, but now I love my career more than ever and am heavily focused on it, howveer when I was a hardcore seeker all i cared about was Non-Duality and Awakening, but you will go full circle eventually. You may also have to develop your career so the focus changes slightly especially if you are in an industry that hurts people, I had to upgrade my businesses but this doesn't mean you stop learning you just apply it better! :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 I do health and wellness coaching. I believe this field is incredibly beneficial to the world. Trusting that things will come full circle makes me feel better.

@TDW1995 That's incredible man, Health > Everything so you should have no issue regaining focus on your career!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Thank God I'm not the only one. I thought something was terribly wrong with me. Lost interest in many things people my age group do. Now I'm understanding that anything I do can be a tool to realization, if I do it deliberately and consciously. So I am now focusing on regaining interest in it with a renewed intention- to just use my career to raise my awareness and those of whom I interact with through my work. This applies to everything I do, so I must make sure I cook the same way that I design buildings. Only the details and skill-sets differ. It's hard though! 

@rNOW I've lost interest in many things, not just career.  Exercise no longer intrigued me, although I force myself to exercise at least three days/week.  I love the idea of being conscious throughout all daily activities.  After all, each moment is a meditative experience.  Therefore, awareness can be applied during each moment in life.

@TDW1995 Key mindset, everything is a meditation, effort is required until it becomes effortless, eventually you will see the Self is all, and that all is the self, look at the 10th Zen picture, the guy is living an ordinary life with flowers under his feet. 

The ordinary becomes extraordinary. It's amazing. 

However, I remember being where you are now, I wondered how I was going to maintain a job for my whole life, or whether I should stop playing sport etc etc, you'll come out on the other side soon :) 

@LfcCharlie4 Good to know.  I'm only 24 years-old and just starting my career.  Can't believe this lack of motivation came so soon, but I'm excited to see what's available through consciousness work.

@TDW1995 @TDW1995

13 hours ago, TDW1995 said:

@rNOW I've lost interest in many things, not just career.  Exercise no longer intrigued me, although I force myself to exercise at least three days/week.  I love the idea of being conscious throughout all daily activities.  After all, each moment is a meditative experience.  Therefore, awareness can be applied during each moment in life.

Can you apply this awareness to your work and exercise? Perhaps you do not see value in it because of how you go about it? I find that I lose interest in things that are conflicting in my personal values. Example - when I see my work as a means to get ahead in life, as a means to get rich or famous, I have zero interest. When I look at it as a way to change the perspective of people I work with and help them become more authentic in their choices, I get interested. It's always a trial and error, cause you won't always find clients who are the right fit  for you, especially when you are starting out. But over a period of time, you will find people who align with your own values. 

Same with exercise. Do you view exercise as a way to live longer or to look good? Perhaps it is a conflict of values then. Perhaps, you can start thinking that health is not the end goal. Health is a great tool to get what you want in life, in this case, clearly, your awareness work. Do you know how difficult it is to remain aware and present even if you have a simple cold or a headache? That's the purpose of health. As of now, your body is your vehicle. It may not be important in and itself, but it is the way you travel through your life, and maybe viewing exercise as a means to raise your awareness, may help resolve the resistance. Maybe you could try out different kinds of exercises to see what fits best. I dislike going to the gym so I go walking in the park or cycling or exercise at home, do some yoga and cleaning! Or you can take up dancing if that's what you like. 

Start seeing everything you need to do as a means to raise your awareness, and do what is necessary for it, irrespective of whether you are interested in it or not. 

@TDW1995 Yeah mate I'm only 20 and was 16-19 going through this, working with a teacher 1-1 helped me most, we think we can figure this out on our own but often it's much easier and smoother with a teacher. 

Take sport for example, you're going to improve a lot more working 1-1 with a coach on your personal game, then listening to a coach who is speaking to 100 people at once, as the 1-1 is tailored to you. 

@Nahm  Exactly man, everyone's awakening process is unique to them and their humanity, therefore, there is no cookie-cutter approach to this, sure most people will do similar basic things such as meditate, but when it gets down to the serious stuff no 2 people are exactly the same so require different appraoches. 

I've had episodes like those. Normally they pass, however long it takes. It's only natural you'll see through the various survival mechanisms. You just have work through it.