TDW1995

Enlightenment Work and Losing Interest in Career

37 posts in this topic

Doing enlightenment work has led to a losing of interesting in my career.  I used to grow myself by studying topics in my career, but lately I've been putting all of my attention into meditation and self-inquiry, and no time into reading books to grow myself in my career.  I'm concerned that I will gradually continue to lose interest my work, but at the same time, I believe that enlightenment work will be way more valuable than my career.  Does anyone else feel a loss of interest in other activities while doing enlightenment work? 

10 hours ago, TDW1995 said:

Doing enlightenment work has led to a losing of interesting in my career.  I used to grow myself by studying topics in my career, but lately I've been putting all of my attention into meditation and self-inquiry, and no time into reading books to grow myself in my career.  I'm concerned that I will gradually continue to lose interest my work, but at the same time, I believe that enlightenment work will be way more valuable than my career.  Does anyone else feel a loss of interest in other activities while doing enlightenment work? 

Once you become conscious of all of reality everything else pales in comparison.  At first.  But eventually you will come full circle.   Meaning you will realize that everything is so One that even delving into a career that focuses on something very specific is still God.    So try not to get discouraged along the path.  If you do its normal.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

If you become or are enlightened you would be able to figure out a way to apply your knowledge to enhance your work or your work environment.  

Yup, this is common. Enlightenment can lead to periods of loss of meaning and motivation. This is usually a phase. Many things might get dropped during this phase and facing the fear of dropping major parts of your life is part of the challenge of this work. It can be hard to navigate this.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, TDW1995 said:

If you do a regular short meditation to quiet your mind it can help your career.  For instance 20 minutes once or twice a day, one could be on a lunch break also to depressurize in the middle of a work day.
However if you pursue enlightenment and put all your attention into it that will replace your career.
Enlightenment is generally a pursuit for for monks or people who want teach it.

@TDW1995 Yeah that happens. Even if you feel no interest now that interest might later be resparked. Continue to work while continuing the work. :D

@TDW1995 You will have 0 interest in your work, after you get several awakenings you will get back on track with your life, with your career even better than before. You need to go full circle

Mahadev

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yup, this is common. Enlightenment can lead to periods of loss of meaning and motivation. This is usually a phase. Many things might get dropped during this phase and facing the fear of dropping major parts of your life is part of the challenge of this work. It can be hard to navigate this.

How to go safely over this phase ? I’m deep down on it Leo,everything lose every meaning..

@TDW1995

You’re right on track. It’s going to ‘come around again’. Expedite by tuning more into the feeling of a each thought. Feel the guidance. 

In any case, a ‘bigger picture’ will be revealed, inclusive of all your efforts & all you’ve experienced.  

9 hours ago, TDW1995 said:

I'm concerned that I will gradually continue to lose interest

To bring peace to the mind through this changing of states, make a nice long list on paper of what you now know from so much experience, that you do not want. Extract this, don’t spend any time focusing on this. Feel the purpose of doing this, don’t give attention to the content of what is unwanted.

Then write the opposite of those on your dream board - what you do want. 

The shift is away from creating emotion relative to the outside world, and creating emotion relative to the source within. 

In getting it all out & up onto the board, you allow the mind to be privy to what’s transpiring, and ‘it’ can be at ease. You begin to see you’ve been creating all along, and you begin to be a little more on purpose. You begin to weave this dream. Interest becomes of old, and fascination ensues.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Ye, it can happen, and in my opinion, also related that much of the worldy business and science activities are a by-product of shadow neuroticism (not all ofcourse and much of it is certainly good and necessary).

But there's also a lot of tribal warfare going on that doesn't mingle well with we are all one and nobody is really better than anyone else.

The more I do self-inquiry and meditation, the more I realize I have used my efforts in my career to strengthen the ego.  Instead of studying and enhancing my career skills to "better the world," I have used it to improve the idea of myself ("I am smarter than other people in my career", or "I am better than others").  It's completely backwards.  The self-image itself is a fiction that is slowly being realized through this enlightenment work.

Hahahaha omg. Just want to hug it. Can't help it. All of this. Yeah I really want to hug @Nahm. Added that. 

It's just so fucking funny. 

21 hours ago, Fede83 said:

How to go safely over this phase ? I’m deep down on it Leo,everything lose every meaning..

There isn't a safe way. Safety is a concern of the ego-mind. You must surrender to the possibility of the worst happening.

Of course don't do anything foolish like jump of a bridge or burn down your boss's office.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Try to keep some supportive people around you...

I almost took a flight to India after serving 18 of a 20-year career in the US Navy...

If I would have went through with it and they found me they would have threw me in the brig not to mention my wife and kids would have been pissed/hurt/wtf...LOL

I'm still having problems at work but they realize I went through an Awakening and are working with me.. it helped I got a clinical psychologist to back me up on what I was saying... apparently California has some cool psychologist. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

43 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Try to keep some supportive people around you...

I almost took a flight to India after serving 18 of a 20-year career in the US Navy...

If I would have went through with it and they found me they would have threw me in the brig not to mention my wife and kids would have been pissed/hurt/wtf...LOL

I'm still having problems at work but they realize I went through an Awakening and are working with me.. it helped I got a clinical psychologist to back me up on what I was saying... apparently California has some cool psychologist. ❤

You are currently in the Navy? When do you plan to retire?

26 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

You are currently in the Navy? When do you plan to retire?

Yes I've been in since 9/11 happend...active duty. 2022 is when I'm scheduled to retire. It's pretty wild to wake up after 17 and a half years in service lol 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

45 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Yes I've been in since 9/11 happend...active duty. 2022 is when I'm scheduled to retire. It's pretty wild to wake up after 17 and a half years in service lol 

How common is K2 Spice abuse in the Navy or is that going on more in the Army?

Career is insignificant compared to soul purpose. Once you reunite with the true self and see your true purpose, then everything else will fall into place. All aspects of life will fall into harmony and flow effortlessly because when YOU are aligned, reality aligns because its one and the same. The all is the one and the one is the all.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E